70 Swinger 340

-
I went with a Milodon pro touring pan, doesn't hang down past the K frame and can hold plenty of oil. By the way the Swinger is Awesome !!!!

Attachments

• 31590.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 722
Put some time in. Got the front end finished up and most of the brake lines. Got the rear springs installed with the offset hangers, and have the rear ready to be centered and tightened down. ill set the pinion angle once the engine and transmission are in. Im hoping to get wheels and tires purchased here soon so i can get it rolling. Ive put some odds and ends on in the middle of all this, emblems etc..

Attachments

• 70 swinger 001.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 678
  • 70 swinger 002.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 690
  • 70 swinger 003.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 693
  • 70 swinger 004.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 685
  • 70 swinger 005.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 688
Gee whiz your car is looking sweet and the color pops too!!!

this color with the white trim is unbelievable! I love it .... I remember when the car came up for sale, I had a pipe dream about trying to possibly buy it...kinda far away though.

good to see what it is going to become....if you decide to finish it then go on to another project im first in line!

again, keep up the good work...love it

Man, seems to be alot of 70 builds going on, i figured i better post up some progress. Fuel tank and lines are in, wheels and tire are here but waiting for a second try at center caps and lug nuts with mancini. Just kind of moving around the car as parts permit.

Attachments

• 70 swinger 003.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 657
  • 70 swinger 002.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 644
  • 70 swinger 001.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 636
Man, seems to be alot of 70 builds going on, i figured i better post up some progress. Fuel tank and lines are in, wheels and tire are here but waiting for a second try at center caps and lug nuts with mancini. Just kind of moving around the car as parts permit.
Nice selection for the wheels and tires.....they really fill out the wheel wells, what size did you go with ?

fronts 15x6 215/70/15 rears 15x8 255/60/15. The centercaps are the only delay now. Mancini shipped 3 center caps and 1 electronic gizmo. someone grabbed a wrong box. The three remaining center caps were of different argent texture, one looked perfect, and two looked like the paint had no texture in it. also there is no attaching hardware.I was told that Mopar isnt gonna open any boxes to look at the paint.:wack:
I sent them all back. I also ordered 4 sets of lug nuts for 6.95 each and received "4" nuts. Do the math on that one! The Macini guy couldnt come up with there usual shitty comeback. This is a Mancini test for me to see how they handle this.

Looks great! Did you rebuild the steering box or buy another one? If so where did you get it. I am looking for a replacement for the 67.

Looks great! Did you rebuild the steering box or buy another one? If so where did you get it. I am looking for a replacement for the 67.
I rebuilt the box myself with the fast ratio internals. You can also find the seals and bearings. its fairly easy to do. I jusy rememberd you needed a clear coat part number, you still need that??

I rebuilt the box myself with the fast ratio internals. You can also find the seals and bearings. its fairly easy to do. I jusy rememberd you needed a clear coat part number, you still need that??

Where did you get the fast ratio internals? I was looking to rebuild the box myself also but I was told the other day they don't sell those anymore........

On the clear coat yes if you could.

Very Nice work! Since i restored my Swinger, i think i would repait it in another color. That color you have there is really awesome!
Keep up the good work!:)

I'm blown away with this car every time I see it. I love the color and the attention to detail is first rate.

Where did you get the fast ratio internals? I was looking to rebuild the box myself also but I was told the other day they don't sell those anymore........

On the clear coat yes if you could.

The fast ratio worm gear came from mancini. I see there site shows it, but has no price. They must be out of stock.

Outstanding paint and finish.

Installed the wipers, heater box, and started on the headliner.

Attachments

• 70 swinger 006.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 527
  • 70 swinger 007.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 536
  • 70 swinger 002.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 528
Wow this is flying along! I vote to put the stroker back in with headers big cam and all! That car was wicked! Of course it had a loose nut behind the wheel. Sorry Louis!

Very nice.

Just wondering, did the factory ever do the roof like that (painted white or black)?

Also, when its painted different from body color do you use the trim pieces?

-
Back