71 Dart 410 stroker ..

-
Had two front pumps in storage...each one had a different problem....but enough parts to make one good one....new parts added....got it reconnected to the motor....and dropped it back in the car ....Should have everything hooked up tomorrow....we mated converter and pump on the bench...and all went together really easy and once the pump was in the trans...again the pump dropped in easy.......we will see....

Had two front pumps in storage...each one had a different problem....but enough parts to make one good one....new parts added....got it reconnected to the motor....and dropped it back in the car ....Should have everything hooked up tomorrow....we mated converter and pump on the bench...and all went together really easy and once the pump was in the trans...again the pump dropped in easy.......we will see....
Well I got my fingers crossed, I can't read any more of this trans giving problems it wears me out..

well...my daughter and I got this thing back together by 5 pm....fired it up......and waited...and waited...and waited...no leakie....
Ok...let's let it sit for a few hours.....about 3 hours later ....as I am heading to my favorite mexican restaurant for dinner...i stop and look under the car....Nothing....DRY...

backed it out of the garage....no forward gears....worked before I swapped out pump....lol.....

Need to take a few days off from this ****...

backed it out of the garage....no forward gears....worked before I swapped out pump....lol.....

Need to take a few days off from this ****...
Take a swim in your extra valve spring valve spring retainers and relax....lol...

I am beginning to think I did not seat the converter ......oh well....should have never mentioned the secret word....bakersfield...my daughter said it out loud yesterday

No Bakersfield..... No Sac..... I know... Woodburn OR. Much cooler...Great place to race.... Rite J Par !!!!! Hahahahaha

We aint done yet....motor/trans will be out tomorrow...lol....I am not going to let this thing whip me....

We seem to get stuck in that rut from time to time.... you’ll whip it!

Getting ready to pull the motor/trans.....converter seems to be installed correctly....move converter back n forth...can hear the pump lugs clack...

well....this sucks...cause I see nothing...converter installed correctly.....pump ring seals in the groves......so i go digging into the trans....LOLs

hiding from work today in garage.....

rebuild the pump and front clutch pac......old parts...on bench to air....stopping for lunch....need lunch even went hiding from work...lol

20191021_101900_resized.jpg

20191021_101910_resized.jpg

trans is all back together on the floor...called the tranny guy....

I noticed his adjustment of the bands were tighter then mind.......so I went with his....

probably start putting it back in the car tomorrow...going home to watch some football....go jets..

He does not like or use the Teflon sealing rings....and said more then likely that is why i had no forward gears...

Motor and Trans back in car......will start hooking it up tomorrow....

Got another 904 torn apart with problems...and I see those teflon seals again.....

^^^^payback for laughing at my Ford heads LOL but honestly if you have problems now I will have my own twinges of guilt...

Motor and Trans back in car......will start hooking it up tomorrow....

Got another 904 torn apart with problems...and I see those teflon seals again.....

Teflon seals on the stator of my 727 and 904. Only prob I’ve ever had is when the trans brake would creep a little.... then I knew it was time for new ones.

If you don’t use Teflon rings then what should be used? I’m looking to rebuild a 727 and looking at rebuild kits from Cope Racing Trans, all I see in his kits offered are the Teflon seals..?

-
Back