71 Dart 410 stroker ..

-
Ok...back to this car.....moved it over into the other bay...from 4 post to 2 post....need to do some maintenance on it...plus check out a few things...she says the trans is making a noise...going to drop pan and see if anything is hanging or in the pan...

need to do compression test also.....see if what it has after the last fiasco....

ok.....Bakersfield....November has a race....this car is going......lol

Started to disconnect things to get motor and trans out of car....drained trans...drained radiator...removed carb...distributor...driveshaft...got cross member on two bolts ready to drop....

before all that I did a compression test on this engine just to see if every thing is happy....all the cylinders are at 180 except number 5 at 160 psi....so all is well for now.

Started to disconnect things to get motor and trans out of car....drained trans...drained radiator...removed carb...distributor...driveshaft...got cross member on two bolts ready to drop....

before all that I did a compression test on this engine just to see if every thing is happy....all the cylinders are at 180 except number 5 at 160 psi....so all is well for now.
Do you think you pushed the ring in that one or maybe it just has a leaky valve

dont know...will check it out later....just was looking for something big....it is one of the two cylinders that pushed the head gasket out....will check the lash...and probably check it again went it is hot...

You looking at the ANRA race? Think the Central Valley group was looking at the CA Hot Rod Reunion :)

Yes the anra

Kids and me got the motor and trans out yesterday

I can actually take the motor and trans out faster without their help...LOL>...they dont read this forum...lol

got 904 apart...dont really see anything wrong with it....will freshen up sealing rings....check clutch disc and steels...too

in my spare time ...we got this going on too

aarcuda.jpg

Your car reminds me of Gary McCoy. He campaigned an yellow AAR 4 sp since the 70s in Stock Eliminator. I was chatting with him at the track yesterday. He still owns it.

I talked to Gary many years ago went he was in vegas for the Divisional race at the old track...

Got the 904 back together...only thing i could find wrong was the front band might have been dragging or tight....replaced it...replaced drum bushing...replaced seals on pump.....all bolt back together....just need to get this back in the car....

photo before I put the pan back on....

20190704_104549.jpg

Last edited:
Just a picture.....3 engines...and 2 trannies.....410 setting on floor....and its 904 on the table waiting to go back into 71 Dart....

360 that i just repaired...and our old 360 in background...that was fast....but now reconfigured...lol....and spare 904 under trash bag.......

things are never dull ...

20190705_111609_resized.jpg

20190705_111556_resized.jpg

410 and 904 back in Dart....couple days to get stuff hooked up ...and then back in trailer......

Just a picture.....3 engines...and 2 trannies.....410 setting on floor....and its 904 on the table waiting to go back into 71 Dart....

360 that i just repaired...and our old 360 in background...that was fast....but now reconfigured...lol....and spare 904 under trash bag.......

things are never dull ...

View attachment 1715359381

View attachment 1715359382
A true piston heads garage lol.

yeah...and it is what you dont see....complete magnum 360 in corner...plus another magnum short blocked...bare 360 waiting for 4 inch crank balanced and rod/pistons that been sitting for months to be assembled...and a 318 block waiting for the 4 inch crank balanced with rods and pistons waiting to be assembled.....and i am suppose to be retired from work as of July 5....but somehow i did not...

yeah...and it is what you dont see....complete magnum 360 in corner...plus another magnum short blocked...bare 360 waiting for 4 inch crank balanced and rod/pistons that been sitting for months to be assembled...and a 318 block waiting for the 4 inch crank balanced with rods and pistons waiting to be assembled.....and i am suppose to be retired from work as of July 5....but somehow i did not...
Pm sent to you

yesterday i could not get one header bolt to start on cylinder no. 8....the inside one...gave up and went home...today it goes in as soon as i touch it.....**** never stops to amaze me...

got the car back together and fire it back up....getting so good...I dropped the distributor in....started right up...put timing light on it...34 degrees...dam...
Daughter coming over in morning so we can give this back in the trailer after we give it a bath....
Then i start on 71 Demon rear suspension.....

Had to bleed brakes as we were having a problem with the meter valve being stuck with no fluid going to the rear brakes....banged on it a few times...now it works....amazing...had popped the lines open to see where the block was...metering valve...and then bled...

I Washed the car...Tonya showed up....and drove car into trailer....Demon came out into bay to have suspension repaired.

Last edited:
I am tired just hearing about your maintenance !
Color sanded my car today. Thats it .. lol

ok...after the mention stuff above...I replaced lower control arms on a 2007 Caliber....and changed the oil too...

mop
took trans to friend who used to rebuild them for the dealers...plus he maintains trans for local nhra stockers ....
showed him what i had.....he said the lip seals in rear piston is my problem...he took my trans and parts...called me 2 hours later to come and get it...lol
told me not to use lip seal tool but a thin piece of card board to get lip seals in....I was tearing lip seals with tool....duh.......he said next time just bring the clutch and piston over...not the whole dam trans...lol

anyway got to garage ...pulled engine and old trans....put engine and new trans in....got everything done except for headers....needs to be running tomorrow....get loaded for division 7 bracket finals here in Vegas....

had a few small problems....had to heilcoil a pan bolt....had problems with valve body and park...**** always happens went you are in a hurry....lol

I really don't like transmission fluid, I don't blame him... don't bring that big oil tank of a transmission over next time LOL...

There was no tranny fluid involved ....it was all disassembled and clean....plus I brought 5 cans of brake cleaner to use too...

Dirt bike fork seals are the same way... use a very thin piece of card board or plastic to clean .

-
Back