71 dart

-
This thread makes me want to go home, go into the garage, and start welding something.

I dont know if that's good or bad. lol

Excellent job on this car.
What has taken shape so far has been very inspiring to a "little something" I have going on....

have you thought about using the cowl as a air inlet? somewhat like the nascar air cleaners? i think it would be pretty trick unless u wanna drive it in the rain. :sad: also kind of in the general way of hot rods and mini truck how they have there dash swoop down into a center consol. that would make it conceiled and leave plenty of room to disapate the heat and noise with dediner every time i study cars like your builing i take a step back from my catalogs and use my brain to build my duster not my wallet. your an inspiration:salute:

have you thought about using the cowl as a air inlet? somewhat like the nascar air cleaners? i think it would be pretty trick unless u wanna drive it in the rain. :sad: also kind of in the general way of hot rods and mini truck how they have there dash swoop down into a center consol. that would make it conceiled and leave plenty of room to disapate the heat and noise with dediner every time i study cars like your builing i take a step back from my catalogs and use my brain to build my duster not my wallet. your an inspiration:salute:

The nascar duct would be cool but im a drive it like you stole it type of guy. This car is likely to see snow, sleet and rain im building it to drive it. The dash is going to almost touch the trans hump because of how far the body is lowered. Thanks for the ideas and kind words helps me stay motivated.

keep up the good work! looks good so far. i am not sure on moving the motor back that far,but it will definetly help weight bias. just my 2 cents. i look forward to seeing more!!

Nice work!! Keep it up!!

I am amazed at the number of people who can look at the amount of time and effort put into a build like this and complain about the "off-brand" parts, yet most of them would not hesitate to use a Eagle stroker kit for their LA, or a 440source stroker for their B/RB... These same people like their Cheetah valve bodies, Detroit lockers, and Wilwood brakes... IMO if you are going to complain about a TRUE custom build then you had better be driving a 100% BONE STOCK restored to OEM specs car or be willing to be called a hypocrite!!

These people that claim you "ruined" a car apparently missed the part where you said the frame rails were junk... In my eyes you did not "ruin" a car, but instead you SAVED it... If you had taken a clean car and started hacking it up to fit some cookie-cutter SBC/BBC in it I would also say it was ruined, but to each their own...

Many people seem to have forgotten the roots of hot-rodding... BUILDING a car to do what YOU want (as opposed to buying a bunch of parts and bolting them on). Anyone can pick up a Summit/Jegs/PAW/insert company name here catalog and order parts... It takes skill and guts to MAKE your parts.

I for one, work for a performance/custom shop, and I can really appreciate the amount of time and energy put into this build!!

Just found this thread,glad to see some mad skills at work.Fabbing your car the way you want it,needs to be done alot more in our hobby.Keep up the great work.8)

Nice work!! Keep it up!!

I am amazed at the number of people who can look at the amount of time and effort put into a build like this and complain about the "off-brand" parts, yet most of them would not hesitate to use a Eagle stroker kit for their LA, or a 440source stroker for their B/RB... These same people like their Cheetah valve bodies, Detroit lockers, and Wilwood brakes... IMO if you are going to complain about a TRUE custom build then you had better be driving a 100% BONE STOCK restored to OEM specs car or be willing to be called a hypocrite!!

These people that claim you "ruined" a car apparently missed the part where you said the frame rails were junk... In my eyes you did not "ruin" a car, but instead you SAVED it... If you had taken a clean car and started hacking it up to fit some cookie-cutter SBC/BBC in it I would also say it was ruined, but to each their own...

Many people seem to have forgotten the roots of hot-rodding... BUILDING a car to do what YOU want (as opposed to buying a bunch of parts and bolting them on). Anyone can pick up a Summit/Jegs/PAW/insert company name here catalog and order parts... It takes skill and guts to MAKE your parts.

I for one, work for a performance/custom shop, and I can really appreciate the amount of time and energy put into this build!!

Agreed! This build makes me jealous! LOL=P~

hey be sure to check this out on the lateral G site.

http://www.lateral-g.net/poisondart/

i know the guy that owns the poison dart. he is a very nice guy so if any of you guys see him somewhere he is very approachable. his name is yancey. anyone interested in autocross might want too check out pro-touring.com about their Run Through the Hills gathering. i plan too be there this year with my car,see how it compares too the big boys!

i love this car. i have been getting kind of bored lately seeing all the same stuff over and over. great job on your car. it makes me want to go work on mine.

Thanks again guys for the compliments. I have not been working on the dart much lately. My daily driver 73 Valiant is not going to pass Pa state insp. this year so i am doing some rust repair, engine/trans upgrade and suspension rebuild on it. Its getting all the parts that were originally for the Dart. Subframe connectors, torque boxes, 318/904, .990 t-bars, RMS strut rods, offset bushings in upper control arms, rewelded/reinforced K-frame, sparco seats, 17x9 wheels, and a front a front clip from a 72 scamp. I will start a new thread for the Val when i get time Im trying to do all this in 2 weeks.

i know the guy that owns the poison dart. he is a very nice guy so if any of you guys see him somewhere he is very approachable. his name is yancey. anyone interested in autocross might want too check out pro-touring.com about their Run Through the Hills gathering. i plan too be there this year with my car,see how it compares too the big boys!

Hey! That's funny that you guys are talking about the Poison Dart! I actually was hired to do an illustration of that car about that they used for certain signage. It was used on the the side of the Trailer for the car. Just do a search and you'll see it in the background of one of the pics. That job is actually how I learned about and fell in love with Darts! That was about 6-7 years ago or so if I remember correctly. Sorry to hi-jack the thread!!!

Cheers,
Brian

Another crazy epic build. I'm keeping an eye on this build as well as a few other builds by some very talented guys on here . I havn't started my build in depth yet but your fab work is crazy insane and I hope to accomplish half the talent you and the other builder do.

Hey Black Betty,

Where has this build gone? No updates in about 3yrs now. I know you;re still active on here. What can you tell us?

Subscribed.

Mike in FL

The dart is on hold right now. I did pick up a 5.7hemi for it. The rear suspension is getting redone it needs 1 link mount and the coilover mounts. I hope to get back on it this winter.

Ignore the haters. It is a fabrication masterpiece IMO. At least it doesn't have a stupid "LS1 engine that everybody swaps into everything because its the greatest thing ever!":-?

This build is killer. I'm down with any custom ride as long as its mopar powered.
:cheers:

awesome build. you have some serious skill. hope to see it finished one day :)

The dart is on hold right now. I did pick up a 5.7hemi for it. The rear suspension is getting redone it needs 1 link mount and the coilover mounts. I hope to get back on it this winter.

Hey Nate, you ever get back on it? Great build, for sure. You got talent!

Nate,

New fan here subscribing. Incredible build. I wish my '71 came even close to where yours is going. Mad skills.

Adrian

It's been on hold far to long. Life has been getting in the way but I just moved into a new house with a bigger garage. I need to do some work to my valiant and as soon as I'm done I will be back on it until its finished.

You missed some. I am also using a honda altenator, pedal assembly from a ranger, the steering rack is for a mustang, rear sway bar from a saturn and I am sure this list will grow until I am done. At what point is it my car and not the manufacturers.:supz:

Isnt this exactly what hot ridding is all about??? Great job on the car so far, your skills are mucho impressive!!

-
Back