71 Dodge Dart Swinger Survivor the Real Deal

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop it on Epay w/o a reserve and see where it will go...something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...not what it has been apparaised for and certainly not what his buds or anyone not willing to put their dollars imediately down for..

I was really ready to sell this survivor, I would change the oil and tour the country, I did get a pm some while back about this site not being the one for me. There is alot of tire kickers here with no funds. Champagne taste, beer budget. If this does not pertain to you, disregard. Maximusmopar will keep his survivor.

Well, you should talk, beer car, champagne price, or so it seems.
It's a neat car you have, sorry you didn't get a 10 k offer on it, but then, not really. Your right, maybe this isn't the site for you. What did you expect when you post a car for sale and take 6 pages to decide to keep it after never really posting a "real" price??????

I've turned down 1500 dollars for the original rim blow steering wheel. You are missing the point of ORIGINAL here. I haven't had to do anything to this car since I bought it. NOTHING!!!!!! no barrett jackson fever here, but this car could be there some day.

are we talking about the same thing? why don't you tell me what exactly you think this site is for then??! apparently you haven't seen the same things I've seen,. for example, saying hi and wanting to spend money.

I've turned down 1500 dollars for the original rim blow steering wheel. You are missing the point of ORIGINAL here. I haven't had to do anything to this car since I bought it. NOTHING!!!!!! no barrett jackson fever here, but this car could be there some day.

I think You're missing the point here.
ORIGINAL = see my avitar. DAILY DRIVER & SHOW WINNER!!

The point is:
Buy original, enjoy original, DRIVE original!

We got you're point but you missed my point to you: :knob:

I think what we got here is some better than thow, my craps so good you'll never be able to buy it, shtuff! I know how you feel but I would never tease everyone with my "Baby" (see avitar) like I was going to sell her, just to see what she's worth.
She's priceless, you don't have enough money to buy the car I'm going to be burried with! I'll also go on record as to I wouldn't tade her for your car, or for that matter 10 of your cars!!! How's that for "over valued"?

Let's keep it really real, either sell it, or drive it, WHATEVER!!!!!!

Thank You. :bootysha:

You do realize they are worth more in parts right? That was an e-body that would want that wheel. The fact is that it's a slant six dart in a not so desireable color combo. Clean maybe but it's not really anything special other then that. Like stated already, if your serious about getting rid of it just stick it on eBay and see where it goes. I didn't see (maybe I just missed it) what price you actually wanted for it. You may want to start an entire new thread in the for sale section with the pics , your info and what you want for it. This thread is pretty much useless as a for sale ad at this point.

You also say there is minimal rust and didn't show any pics of it. Minimal rust means repiar and paint work depending where it is. Sounds like it needs a vinyl top too. And I still think from looking at those pics again that that fender was painted. Why was it painted? Was it hit? Was it prepped and painted properly? I think some more pics and info needs yo be posted

Look, 43 posts and all but two or three are about YOUR car which you posted in the "Cars for sale" section. But yet, it takes until page THREE for you to come out and say you want 10k for the car. Well, this is a site devoted to Darts and other A body cars. Most of us have been around these things for a long time and have lots of experience with them buying, selling, fixing, etc. If I remember correctly, you said yourself you weren't a Mopar guy before this car, so...
You obviously don't think anyone here has a real world grasp on what this car is worth, nor do you want to seriously put the car up for sale. I suggested you start another post on your car if you really wanted to sell it since this one is out of hand and not helping you at all. Heck, I for one was slightly interested in your car, but your attitude has turned me off. By the way, it's not even an economy muscle car as you put it, there is nothing "muscle" about it. An old school teacher car is what you have there, nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. Fix the items that aren't original and enjoy it.

The green 71 on the right was an original car. Other than the fender extension that was borrowed, it was even more original than the one you have, right down to the correct spare tire and other items under the hood plus had a spotless interior. I had all the original sales documents for the car as well. I sold it not too long ago for $500.

DSCF0254.jpg

I don't know what else to say.. but it's a $3000 dollar car in the real world.

Unfortunately I have to agree, it is a low mileage car and it is in great shape but it is still just a slant 6 Dart and the color combination is not a very desirable one. If it was a more popular color then I think you could get $5000-$7000 out of it but a clean 70-72 Dart body goes for around $3000-$4000 and in reality that is all you have unless you are lucky enough to find that one in ten people that has the money to spend and wants it for what it is.

I personally like it the way it is and think it should be left alone but I doubt anyone will leave it the way it is, there just isn't any major collectability in a slant six car. It's like my 50 Merc, as a stock body it isn't worth much but with a chopped top it is worth three or four times as much. value comes from desirability, the more desirable a car is the more it is worth.

I had a 72 slant six 2dr hardtop Dart with 42000 miles about 7 years ago and I had it for sale for almost 6 months and only got $1500 out of it, and that guy was going to tear it down and put a big block in it. I also had a 67 4dr Coronet with a 273 with 40000 miles and I got $2600 for that car. Both were as clean as yours but the Dart was green and the Coronet was burgundy which was a more desirable color which made it easier to sell for more money even though it was a 4dr.

I was really ready to sell this survivor, I would change the oil and tour the country, I did get a pm some while back about this site not being the one for me. There is alot of tire kickers here with no funds. Champagne taste, beer budget. If this does not pertain to you, disregard. Maximusmopar will keep his survivor.

If this is the case, then it is no longer for sale and no longer needs to be listed here. This thread will be closed. Enjoy your survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back