71 Dodge Dart Swinger Survivor the Real Deal

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
probably no less than 10,000 would drive this car home....here's a couple more pics with lights on....2 more for the old gipper.....thx for everything

Thank you for (finally ;) ) pricing it. I had a feeling that after owning it for 5 years and attending so many car shows, that you had a number in your head. Unfortunately, that number is to big for us but wish you luck selling it. BTW: I was also pushing a little to find out a price becasue there were some that felt that there was some fishing going on. Again, good luck.

I'm confused about the tire deal..... The build sheet shows D78-14s with a white side wall.

The tire in the trunk is clearly a Radial.

So what...... The car having had the tires replaced has ZERO effect on the value.

BTW.... I wouldn't sell it. It's probably a better car than anything built today. With the /6, your MPGs will be comparable to many newer cars.

In the terms of a dollar is a dollar, $10,000.00 is a lot of dollars. In terms of what you get for $10,000.00 it's a pretty good deal. It is a survivor car (mostly), the body looks super clean..............anybody here been to a bodyshop lately? That car is money in the bank for both parties involved in a sale transaction. I am not personally a big fan of the brown/beige/gold format, but that doesn't take away from what you're looking at.............it's a pretty nice looking ride. I like it.
Daryl

Thank you all for input. The more I think about it, the more I want to keep the car. It's paid for...doesn't eat nothin...and I truly love this car. Thanks again....you all have nice rides...and I love surfing looking at them. Keep your knowledge coming, I find it very interesting.
Maximusmopar

Keep the car!! I sure would. 10K is to high for me. You will be sorry you sold it later.

It's only original once....very few people at the shows will have anything close...I see that everytime I take the Charger to a show. Never a trophy winner, but what a center of attention! Tons of fun,nonetheless.
Keep it, man!

Mark

The correct parts bring big coins. The exhaust manifolds alone are 3 to 4 hundred . Those that build clones usually start with a lot less car than what you have there. If you sold that car , that 7K might build a nice clone from scratch if you do most the work yourself.
Father time has been very kind to your car.

Well heres my 2 cents worth,1st, very nice ride,definitely a survivor,not a fan of /6 engine but they are tough. I personaly would put a 340/360 warmed over or better yet a 440 made to look like factory install,would be a sweet street car and a sleeper.5-6k would be cheap even in todays economy considering the condition,try finding a body like that or consider how much money it would take to bring a body up to its condition, not to mention the rest of the cars condition such as the interior/mechanics/wiring/etc. I took a almost perfect 71 dart[ canadian] rust free all the way down and am still putting it together,lots of work and lots of money, of course I changed alot of things from /6 to 440 auto/8 3/4 rearend, ps to manual,drums to discs,bench seat to short back 69 buckets, tan to tor red,added twin scoops and rear go wing, etc.etc. I will probably have more than 16k in it when finished and I've done most of work myself but I plan on driving it on the street. 8-10k isnt out of line to the right person,but I would keep it as its value will only increase,I would drive it and possibly modify it to my personal preference,since its not a factory muscle car[340] any improvements done right would only increase its value, there are some that will disagree on changing anything but thats their perrogative,nothing wrong with the slant 6 but the market and your enjoyment with the v-8 speaks for itself. if you sell it the money will quickly be gone and the likelyhood of finding anything remotely close to it would be almost nil, it's a very nice car,very hard to come by and it's yours, and I am sure there is someone out there that would pay that kind of money for that car, good luck with whatever you do with it just keep it MOPAR or NO CAR.............

340 CLONE??? IMO, I WOULD NEVER DO THIS, LEAVE IT ORIGINAL.

How many Hemicuda's are out there? More clones than original. I love looking at the plainjane cars at the shows, it is only original once......

My 2 cents worth

340 CLONE??? IMO, I WOULD NEVER DO THIS, LEAVE IT ORIGINAL.

How many Hemicuda's are out there? More clones than original. I love looking at the plainjane cars at the shows, it is only original once......

My 2 cents worth

its a nothing special, just a clean slant 6 dart in a (even though i like it) kinda not so desirable color combo. i wouldn't think twice about sticking big bolt all around on it and some kind of v-8 to make it actually fun to drive. i kinda check out the slant six cars all redone at shows also because they are different. but i sure don't want to drive one. too boring... :)

My '75 Duster is a survivor...33K miles. All orginal except the tires which are radials...my spare is a bias ply...matching numbers with build sheet. I paid just a tad over what some of the numbers quoted..but that was cannuck bucks :)

I have taken heat about slipping a 360 into it. What I am going to do is keep the 6 / trans so if I sell, I can pass them on if someone wants to put it back to orginal...V8s just sound so cool :)

Goos luck either way ya go...

Grassy

when I saw the pics of the service card reminders for Inver Grove Heights...that's where my wife's grandmother lives...I'm gonna put my two cents in just for they sake of argument. You have a survivor. This car is rare, not in the sense it's a "rare" car numbers wise, but if cars could talk what would it tell you? If this car could tell you it's story what would it talk about? Would it talk about the day it was bought for a wife from her husband with love? What it tell you about the day he garaged it when she passed away? This car has history and a story. By keeping it the way it is and selling to someone who appreciates that history and story you keep a piece of all that alive. Call me a sentimental softy if you want, but a survivor is a piece of history that once modified will never be returned to it's true state.

I agree, keep it original. Yeah, it's a /6, yeah, it's got a butter colored interior (IMO the worst color ever) but I still think you have a kick *** car. Since it isn't 100%, I would spend my energy making it as close to 100% as possible. Lose the radiator flush by replacing the heater hose, replace the hose clamps with the correct ones, replace the radiator cap. Lose the extra carpet and stuff in the trunk and do your best to find five of the original tires. They will be bias ply. That would make the car you have even more special in my opinion and not hurt a thing. There are probably other things under the hood that I didn't see that could easily be fixed as well. Typically, the prime "survivor" examples of cars are the more common, lo-po /6 and 318 cars. For this reason you might be surprised how easy it is (and cheap) to attain some of your needed parts.
I had this exact same car 20 years ago. Mine was a rusty pig and I parted it out. The only thing mine had that I don't see on yours is the factory trash/Kleenex holder that was held to the trans hump by a stiff wire that poked through the carpet. The box thingy slid down over the wire to hold it in place.

That is a fine untouched car KEEP IT ORIGINAL.A clone is a clone.They are only like this once.Just my 2 cents worth.

Keep the slant, and keep it original. Not everyone needs 300+ h.p. to enjoy a car, and it'll only be original once...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back