72 Cuda' build

-

Badart

Reaction score
I know it's not an A body, but this car will be sick when complete. This is not my car, but does belong to my neighbor and I will be helping him with it. It's funny because I heard that he had a mopar engine and trans that he is giving away, so I went over to see whats going on. I walked in his garage and about had a heart attack. I said "WTF, It's a Cuda'".

The plans are 6.1 Hemi, 6 Speed, Altercation front end, triangulated 4-link, Wilwood disc brakes on all 4 corners. He is making a daily driver out of it.

He also owns and has restored an all orginal 66 Chevelle, 1930 Ford and a couple of other show cars. This is his first Mopar build and he doesn't know very much about them. I thought it would be cool to post his progress. I hope FABO doesn't mind.

Attachments

• Front View.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Rear View.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 355
Nice! Tell him to ditch the 6.1 and go with the 6.4

Nice build. You can also steer him towards FEBO for advice for e-bod specifics and parts.

Rameth I told him about it and he said that he might join FEBO. I already posted a few of his parts over there. It's he was going to throw away a bunch of his parts that he doesn't want to use including the 8 3/4, because he thought it was an 8 1/4. I talked him into reusing it on his build and just swapping out the 3rd member.

Rameth I told him about it and he said that he might join FEBO. I already posted a few of his parts over there. It's he was going to throw away a bunch of his parts that he doesn't want to use including the 8 3/4, because he thought it was an 8 1/4. I talked him into reusing it on his build and just swapping out the 3rd member.

Yup, sounds like he has a lot to learn about Mopars. Good thing you're there to help. Hopefully he'll listen to you about joining up on FEBO or here and keeps taking advice from you. Sounds like the car is going to need it! :-D (j/k!)

Yup, sounds like he has a lot to learn about Mopars. Good thing you're there to help. Hopefully he'll listen to you about joining up on FEBO or here and keeps taking advice from you. Sounds like the car is going to need it! :-D (j/k!)

He is a paint and body guy by trade and does amazing work, so there is no doubt in my mind the car will be beautiful when finished. I am just happy that he is building a mopar instead of another bowtie. :-D

Here is a little update on my neighbors cuda. The entire rear end of the car is new sheet metal. It is looking great. As you can see he is going with a 2 tone. Here is a little car **** for you.

Attachments

• Jams.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 235
  • Jams2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Jams3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Jams4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 227
Wow man, that guys does do killer body work.

Looks like this is going to be one hell of a bad *** first Mopar project for this guy so I guess if you're gonna step into the Mopar world, might as well go full tilt.

I always had a soft spot for the roundy round tail lights on the 72,up 'cuda's.

May want to show it off on cuda-challenger.com also....nice forum actually.

A little update for you. This guy has been battling cancer for the last few months and just finished Chemo and still works on his car. He is one tough SOB and a hero of mine. Great guy to boot. Not one of your typical E Body guys. The pics don't do this car justice. The black and silver are both a pearl and are flawless. A little car **** for you. Enjoy

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 178
  • photo(5).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 182
  • photo(4).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 184
  • photo(3).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 187
  • photo(2).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 174
  • photo(7).jpg
    67 KB · Views: 175
Wow, that car looks amazing!! Sorry to hear about his health issues, doesnt look like it has hampered his car skills at all.
pm sent

Yes, very nice and he is just moving right along. It is too bad about his health. Hope he make's it through okay.

Beautiful car!
My neighbor was in process of building a killer '72 'Cuda last year. Viper red with white interior, 6.1 Hemi and 5-speed. It was about 90% complete and he took it to the Pomona swap meet just for 'kicks and giggles' to see what kind of reaction it got and the next thing I know it's on the way to Australia in a container! He said he got an offer he just couldn't refuse.
The new owner in Oz finished it and it's already been featured in an Australian enthusiast magazine.
Now he's working on a '35 Ford cabriolet. It's just a hobby for him - builds them to sell, not to keep and enjoy.

-
Back