72 demon 340 resto

-
i wasn t planning on making more, but i could use the extra cash for demon parts. and the more i think about it....i know what it feels like to NOT wanna spend 250.00 for a new one. i m gonna do a little research and maybe i can come up with an easy affordable way to help out some of my mopar people.
thanks for all the great feedback.

on to something new. i ve been collecting trim for the demon and restoring it the past couple months. thats about it. i m still in need of a couple pieces for the rear window and the trim is done.

Just kind of stumbling around today. Found your build. Think I stubbed my toe. Great job your doing. I'll stick my toe in from time to time. Keep up the good work.:coffee2:

I am one of those older guys and went to GRAND SPAULDING DODGE in 1971 (I was a senior in high school) to check out the Demons.Didn't buy one there but came home (about 3 hours away) and ordered one from a local Dodge dealer.A few years ago I made one like the one I had in 71.By the way I'm running the same license plate I had in 71 on the one I have now.CAN'T BEAT THE DEMON'S

Attachments

• demon.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,037
like your fender tags...wish I had one for my Duster....bogus hemi one that is

cool resto man i am in process of a 72 340demon also just starting so know what you are going thru, mine the body is pretty much all done i have had it in the garage for about 15 years so not too much rust

nothing special to show, just test fitting and polishing pieces. tail lites turned out good.

Attachments

• 102_2422.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 966
  • 102_2423.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 972
  • 102_2425.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 969
  • 102_2424.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,004
i spray just about everything. por-15 goes a lot farther if you spray it. i use 2 coats. i like it cause it dries rock hard. even when my shop is cool. the next day its rock hard and it s hard as hell to get off. i mix different ratios of semi gloss black and silver to get the different types of metal finishes. the only down side is that it s shiny. but i figured thats an ok trade for durability. thanks for all the good words guys.

you say por-15 being fairly new to restoration where do you get this paint? sorry for such a dumb question but i guess thats how you learn, and scanning the restos is the best way i know to learn :newb:

most automotive paint companies carry it. some tractor shops carry it also. your best bet though is an autobody supply shop.

POR-15, great stuff. Be cautious when storing it, make sure it's sealed well or the next time you go to use it it will be rock solid or darn close. Best way I've found to store it is to place a big piece of cellophane in the can, covering the paint, run up the inside edge of the can over the lip and then replace the cover. Make sure after you are done using it to remove any liquid in the seal ring of the can before you replace the cover or it will end up glued to the can. Don't ask me how I know this. And that stuff isn't cheap.

very good points mc.
i ve been kinda slow at work so i took a whole box of interior parts in to clean them up. got some of the seat belts cleaned and the armrests and bases, gas pedal assembly, and some other odds and ends. i ll post some pics this week of the seat belts. they turned out awesome. they look new.

very good points mc.
i ve been kinda slow at work so i took a whole box of interior parts in to clean them up. got some of the seat belts cleaned and the armrests and bases, gas pedal assembly, and some other odds and ends. i ll post some pics this week of the seat belts. they turned out awesome. they look new.

my seat belts look horrible what did you uise to clean them please

i soaked them overnight in a bucket with some car wash soap and some simple green degreaser, and water. the next day i scrubed them a little, hosed em out, and set them out to dry. later that day i took some mothers 'back to black' and massaged it into the belts. polished up the buckles, and wiped down the plastics with ' back to black'.
now i m aware that some say you have to be careful with what u put on belts so u don t affect their strength. i m not a scientist, but i would think this cleansing to be pretty mild for the belts integrity.. i just had to throw that out there for all the negative nancy posters on this site who comb through posts looking for mistakes so they can throw their 2 cents in. you all know who you are. you should be ashamed.
i m totally just kidding. thats how we all learn.......but for real......shut up. lol.
i ll put some pictures up soon

here s a small pile of parts i did this week. it s hard to see a huge difference in the seat belts, but trust me..i totally cleaned one up and it was night and day different to its clone belt. the mirror bases were all painted with rustoleum "nickel" color. it matches almost 100% the rest was just cleaned and coated with backtoblack

here s the pics

Attachments

• 102_2429.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 934
  • 102_2428.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 946
Looks like they cleaned up pretty good. I'm going to have to try that back to black stuff. Before I do though, will you let me know if your belts fall apart just from cleaning them. That's f---ing funny.:laughing: Who the hell is Nancy?:coffee2:

Is she cute? Ah never mind, just get myself in trouble again. Keep up the good work.:coffee2:

i soaked them overnight in a bucket with some car wash soap and some simple green degreaser, and water. the next day i scrubed them a little, hosed em out, and set them out to dry. later that day i took some mothers 'back to black' and massaged it into the belts. polished up the buckles, and wiped down the plastics with ' back to black'.
now i m aware that some say you have to be careful with what u put on belts so u don t affect their strength. i m not a scientist, but i would think this cleansing to be pretty mild for the belts integrity.. i just had to throw that out there for all the negative nancy posters on this site who comb through posts looking for mistakes so they can throw their 2 cents in. you all know who you are. you should be ashamed.
i m totally just kidding. thats how we all learn.......but for real......shut up. lol.
i ll put some pictures up soon

thank you very valuable info :burnout:

you bet. i want to see more of that 72 in your avatar sheba. looks like a sweet combo of blue and white.

Great Build Evil, if you don't mind me asking, how did you strip your skins??

Cheers,

Joe

I used a dewalt buffer-grinder with 8 in. Stickit paper. 60 grit from harbor freight to get it to mostly metal. Then I used a d.a. with 80 grit to finish it out before epoxy primer.

took in my heater box to work and freshened that up yesterday. turned out really good, but i am waiting on a heater core. for 35 bucks it s worth replacing it. for anyone who hasn t ever restored one of these boxes inside and out-it is super easy, but just make sure you take lots of pictures as you re taking it apart so you remember how to put it back together. i d forget my name and address and everything if my liscense wasn t in my wallet. lol. it was easy though. just time consuming. painting all the little parts. i made my own seals and gaskets with material from the hardware store. same stuff. just had to cut it.

Attachments

• 102_2430.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 725
  • 102_2431.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 819
  • 102_2437.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 734
  • 102_2438.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 758
-
Back