72 Demon build.

-
Just curious, what primer are you using?
Must feel good to get to that stage.

Just curious, what primer are you using?
Must feel good to get to that stage.
Yes it does feel good..im using an etching primer its not the final coat this is just a light coat to use while i block the car.

Updates!
-Sanded down the the hood scoop it had 7 layers of paint on it!! it's been around the block thats for sure haha.
-Sanded and primed the hood.
-Started doing filler work on the quarters and tail panel..they dont even need alot really and the rest of the car is straight as an arrow i mean the doors, front fenders, hood, roof, trunk, they are all mint and have no filler themselves :cheers:

Attachments

• demon jan 002.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 938
  • demon jan 003.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 918
  • demon jan 004.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 926
  • demon jan 005.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 930
  • demon jan 009.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 925
  • demon jan 010.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 992
Fantastic job, looks like the worst work is behind you now. Did it old school too without giving all your money to AMD, that stuff is expensive for sheetmetal.

Fantastic job, looks like the worst work is behind you now. Did it old school too without giving all your money to AMD, that stuff is expensive for sheetmetal.
Thx bud i appreciate that! yeah i would have spent thousands already if i went to AMD which is not bad either would have saved me lots of time doing bodywork and dust! both have thier pros and cons i guess.
Here is some work i did on the front fenders this week..this was a tricky one to duplicate.:p

Attachments

• demon jan 004.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 879
  • demon jan 003.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 883
  • demon jan 002.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 870
  • demon jan 001.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 862
Looking good, keep up the work and keep the pictures coming.

Really coming along nicely. Lots of nice fabrication, and the end results are looking great. Love Demons.

Grant

Subscribed. You have done a ton of metal work; impressive efforts and results, Sir.
Thank you very much! yes the metal work has been fun :banghead: i hope to paint something soon..mabe the engine bay or something but i have to wait for warmer weather..

Well i havent posted in ahwile but i have been busy blocking the car just taking my time so it looks good in the end, also did a test fit of the wheels or a test look really cause i didnt bolt them on..anyway here it is O:)

Attachments

• demon march 008.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 742
  • demon march 005.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 716
  • demon march 004.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 721
  • demon march 003.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 720
  • demon march 002.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 749
  • demon march 001.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 764
  • demon march 009.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 735
Lookin' great! Nice fit on the wheels. You have certainly done a heck of a lot. I will be trying to accomplish that sort of progress, but I don't think it will happen! Good job Bud!

Lookin' great! Nice fit on the wheels. You have certainly done a heck of a lot. I will be trying to accomplish that sort of progress, but I don't think it will happen! Good job Bud!
Thanks :toothy6: you will i have faith in you! stay positive and every time you feel disscuraged or overwhelmed walk away and take a break and come on here and look at the rest of our builds and know we were in your shoes too but keep at it and one day your dream will come...my favorite line keeps me going all the time *its not what you buy its what you build*.

Lookin good. Lots of progress. Way ahead of me but I will post a little progress on mine soon.
Of course we need the details on the wheels & tires.

Lookin good. Lots of progress. Way ahead of me but I will post a little progress on mine soon.
Of course we need the details on the wheels & tires.
Thanks Idaho, i look forward to seeing progress on your build, as far as the rims and tires go they are Weld Drag Lites, skinnys on the front and 275/60 Mickey Thompson drag radials on the rear..i swear by these tires they have made every car of mine go up against more powerful cars and always have an edge on the street cause the more powered oponent will always be spinning his tires, the drag radials dam near dead hook sometimes lite wheel spin on the street and when doing short 1st to 2nd gear blasts you dont loose very often unless he has an open road to steam by you after :D

you are just moving along. I only wish I had the skills to do all the metal work and painting

Thanks Burnt, yeah i like the combo too they should work well with what i have planned..hows your demon clone going? solid work you are doing on it.

Slow due to money but there is a lot of little stuff I have been working on that cost little to nothing to do. So I have been chipping away at that.

Thanks Idaho, i look forward to seeing progress on your build, as far as the rims and tires go they are Weld Drag Lites, skinnys on the front and 275/60 Mickey Thompson drag radials on the rear..i swear by these tires they have made every car of mine go up against more powerful cars and always have an edge on the street cause the more powered oponent will always be spinning his tires, the drag radials dam near dead hook sometimes lite wheel spin on the street and when doing short 1st to 2nd gear blasts you dont loose very often unless he has an open road to steam by you after :D

I've been debating tires. The 275/60/15 certainly gives a lot of options, some inexpensive tires in that size too, less $ than the bigger rim options. 28" diameter is about right. Likely there is room for wider, but then axle width and backspace become critical.

I'm curious, how much hp and what gears were you running with these tires? I want to go fast but also want to be able to light them up! :burnout:

What gear are you running now.

-
Back