72 Demon build.

-
There is nothing wrong with extra work and that extra cash never hurts. I could use a little of both myself. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to progress.:coffee2:

Just rear the whole thread. The car has came a long way from when you first started. Wish I was this far on my Demon. Looks fantastic, look forward to following you progress.

Aj

Just rear the whole thread. The car has came a long way from when you first started. Wish I was this far on my Demon. Looks fantastic, look forward to following you progress.

Aj
Thanks guys i appreciate the kind words, i find hours here and there to go and block the demon in between work and sleep so hopefully soon i can splash some paint on her :toothy8:

I assume you're using a high build primer? What type?

Wow, the Demon is looking awesome. I agree the wheel/tire combination on it looks awesome. Definitely how I want my duster to look when I get the funds. I can't wait to see more pics.

I assume you're using a high build primer? What type?
Hey Idaho, yes im using a high build primer then i will use a sealer before color.
Thanks Scott i hope you do get a set too they would look great on your car:toothy8:

I was curious about the brand. I've heard some will shrink and crack.
Hey Idaho, sorry for the late response im using Omni/MP800 2.1 VOC primer its a PPG brand. Got the main bulk of the body work done today and pulled it outside to blow the dust out and wipe it down for the final coats of primer :D

Attachments

• demon july.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 625
  • demon july3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 627
  • demon july4.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 614
  • demon july5.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 622
  • demon july6.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 605
Not really even started yet, unless you call spending money acquiring all the wanted parts "started". I have almost everything I want now, and the shop is finished, so I should be able to get to the body work pretty soon. Seeing yours is making me want to get at it even more. Keep posting, it's looking great!

Gotta love a straight body. Looking good. She's going to look good in paint.:coffee2:

Hey Idaho, sorry for the late response im using Omni/MP800 2.1 VOC primer its a PPG brand. Got the main bulk of the body work done today and pulled it outside to blow the dust out and wipe it down for the final coats of primer

No worries, you've been hard at work. I agree, lookin good.

I've been obsessing over a wheel/tire choice. I'm thinking of doing a satin black car with black wheels, maybe steelies with dog dishes and white letter tires. Fatty rears around 325. A demonic look kinda like this.

Attachments

• charger black wheels.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 625
Not really even started yet, unless you call spending money acquiring all the wanted parts "started". I have almost everything I want now, and the shop is finished, so I should be able to get to the body work pretty soon. Seeing yours is making me want to get at it even more. Keep posting, it's looking great!

Gotta love a straight body. Looking good. She's going to look good in paint.:coffee2:

Tire & wheel choices look really good, too.
Thx guys i will try and get some pics with color soon!

No worries, you've been hard at work. I agree, lookin good.

I've been obsessing over a wheel/tire choice. I'm thinking of doing a satin black car with black wheels, maybe steelies with dog dishes and white letter tires. Fatty rears around 325. A demonic look kinda like this.
That car is beautiful! i agree with you tho that would be a good combo for sure i like the steelie dog dish wheels :D

Spent 6 hours masking the car today and gave it a bath in primer..would look great in black after all the blocking ive done but i should stay the coarse and go orange :toothy8:

Attachments

• demon july 002.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 608
  • demon july 003.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 587
  • demon july 004.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 578
You'll never regret the blocking I'm sure and these cars look great in so many colors it's hard to choose one.
Orange will be awesome. Any stripes planned?

Subscribed!!!! WOW great work love the color choice, can't wait to see more pics. Love your Name also. Brad's a great name.

Brad

Don't rush the paint on our account. You've done a lot of good work on her. We'll be patient. Can't wait to get mine to this point.:coffee2:

You'll never regret the blocking I'm sure and these cars look great in so many colors it's hard to choose one.
Orange will be awesome. Any stripes planned?

Subscribed!!!! WOW great work love the color choice, can't wait to see more pics. Love your Name also. Brad's a great name.

Brad

Don't rush the paint on our account. You've done a lot of good work on her. We'll be patient. Can't wait to get mine to this point.:coffee2:
Hey Idaho, i do have stripes planned..im going to keep the factory theme on the paint and graphics and interior..i had bought the white stripes back in the winter when i was going to go a dark color but now going orange not sure if white on orange is what i want...but on the other hand i could put em on and if i dont like em just take em off and get black ones they are only decals after all hehe.
Haha thx Thunder i dont wanna rush it either..still have to decide on single stage or base clear they both have thier pros and cons...so many decisions ahhhh lol.

The decisions are the hardest part.
I suspect black on orange is where you'll wind up. Hard to beat that. I'll bet someone here would want the white ones.

I checked out this whole thread. Your Demon is coming along nicely. Good work.

The decisions are the hardest part.
I suspect black on orange is where you'll wind up. Hard to beat that. I'll bet someone here would want the white ones.
Hey, yeah for sure black will look good but i really like the idea of gloss white stripes on orange..especially at night it would look cool :D

-
Back