72 Scamp and 440 Work in Progress

-
well after about 5hrs in the garage the pass side is cut out. In need to do some clean up on the frame rails and the edges but its out. It was slow but the other side will go faster now that I know what Im doing. I didnt do a trial fit on the new pan but I compaird them to the area and they just might fit ok.

Attachments

• pass.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 761
  • pass1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 755
  • pass3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 746
Great work, Josh. You're gettin right down to it.

Got the driver side all cut out. This side went faster since I knew what I was doing lol. But going pretty good.

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 751
  • drive1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 755
  • drive2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 738
I got a problem area. If you are reading this and have some input on repair. Its only Pitted and thin on the top parts. The rest of the frame rail is solid and not rusted?

Attachments

• rust.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 723
Yeah just weighing my options on repair. I think regardless of what I have in mind will fix the problem and not let it be a problem later and still keep the integrety of the build. Clean up of the rails on both sides is tomorrow. Im going to look into that rust stuff. But how does that stuff work if Im going to have to weld over the top of it?

Yeah just weighing my options on repair. I think regardless of what I have in mind will fix the problem and not let it be a problem later and still keep the integrety of the build. Clean up of the rails on both sides is tomorrow. Im going to look into that rust stuff. But how does that stuff work if Im going to have to weld over the top of it?
Call their tech support and ask them for suggestions...they have weld through primmer and such...

Sounds like good advice. I just had the torsion bar/trans cross member and front frame rails replaced in my car... due to collision damage and butchering by a previous owner. Unfortunately I don't have the mad skills some of you folks have and it is a big job. You are doing an excellent job... looking really good!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:FLOOR DONE.. Hit it with a coat of epoxy and then 2 coats of 2k primer.. then sealed the seames weld holes... Movin on tomorrow hopefully.

Attachments

• primerfloor4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 663
  • primerfloor3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 660
  • primerfloor2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 673
  • primerfloor.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 653
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:FLOOR DONE.. Hit it with a coat of epoxy and then 2 coats of 2k primer.. then sealed the seames weld holes... Movin on tomorrow hopefully.
Good Deal you won't be doing the Fred Flintstone thing any more:hello1:

Front end problem fixed and every thing buttoned back up. Rolled it out to turn it around now to start on the rear and get the DANA in.

Attachments

• OUT.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 616
  • OUT2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 616
  • OUT3.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 625
  • OUT4.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 616
love the skinnies up front josh lookin real good. Cant wait to see it done!

Front end problem fixed and every thing buttoned back up. Rolled it out to turn it around now to start on the rear and get the DANA in.
I just had to say this dude..does the old lady still love you or what....mine would have given me some real crap by know...good luck on your progress...Eric

:naka:

I just had to say this dude..does the old lady still love you or what....mine would have given me some real crap by know...good luck on your progress...Eric

:naka:

Yeah she does and is a big supporter in my project. I balance the time well from family to car so it works for both of us.

Yeah thanks for the motivation to remind me i need to get some work done to post some updates. Been slacking a bit. And Cliff sure when Im done with my car bring it on over... Im slow as hell but have fun.

Yeah thanks for the motivation to remind me i need to get some work done to post some updates. Been slacking a bit. And Cliff sure when Im done with my car bring it on over... Im slow as hell but have fun.

Thanks but my 65 is too far gone,I should have ran from it. But all I could see was what a beauty she could be and found what a guy I know would charge to do the work on the body. It's not in the cards for that old dead smelly fish.

Yeah I think a lesser man would have ran from my Scamp but... I needed something to learn from and this car had it all and need alot which was perfect. It was fairly complete thats what really made me buy it.

-
Back