'73 / '70 Dart Resto and Race Modification thread.

-
First still shots outside the garage:D

First day at the track!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1jh3ifkaaQ"]YouTube - Dodge Dart 1st Test Day[/ame]

First pass was at 68mph just to make sure it would go straight and stop! Made three passes total. Best pass was 11.58 at 101. Best MPH was 109. Best 60ft 1.51. Never put it all the way to the wood for an entire pass:eek:

I don't think it should have a problem running in the 10s once I fatten up the jets and put a bit of timing back in it. I took timing out when I saw we were running a bit lean. I didn't bring my jet kit with me :( Just getting back in the swing of things. This is the fastest I've run in 26 years:cheers:

Attachments

• DSC_2746.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC_2750.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_2769.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC_2779.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC_2816.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC_2760.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC_2744.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC_2780.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 377
The car turned out beautiful. It looks really nice leaving the starting line!! Good luck on your tuning.

Awesome job, Rick! Wish I could have been there for it's first day out. I was in San Diego for the weekend. Hope to see her in the 10's soon! She sounds pretty WICKED!

I love this build. Awesome that you found that other body completely blasted for 500 bucks. I could only wish.

Got it!!

Attachments

• 10sec_et.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 400
Congrats Rick! Sorry I couldn't make it out there AGAIN! Had a busy day...and had to work last night. One of these weekends I am going to make it out there! My son will have his RR out there next weekend -- UTI sponsored event. He's a student at UTI. I may bring the Demon out too...I have some items to clear up before it will pass tech. We'll see.

Congrats again!

I plan on going out on the 14th for the nostalgia drags... with our without the Dart. It may not be ready by then :(

The converter was flashing to 7000 rpm :eek: I pulled it and sent it back to PTC to be reset for a MUCH lower rpm. It was flashing right through the torque and hp peak into a "dead zone".... Those heads aren't made to flow at that high of revs...

The car was hitting 7500 rpm between the 1/8 and end of the track I had to back out of it every time so I have yet to make a full foot to the floor pass.

Well... it took three months to figure out that my PTC converter was totally wrong for my combo. Even after I got it back from them it was still flashing to 7000. They claimed that the converter was fine and shoudn't stall more than 5500. Since I had already sent it back to them once, I started looking elsewhere. Checked line pressures, exchanged valve bodies, and had the tranny completely checked out. After all that the car was still having the same problems, so I bought another converter with the same specs (8", 5500 stall max) from another manufacturer, A-1 Performance.

Well, I just ran the sucker on Sunday and the new converter made all the difference in the world. Ran a best of 10.51 @ 127 with a 1.45 60 ft time. .35 hundredths quicker, 8 MPH faster, and most importantly no more over revving before hitting the top end of the track.

Here is an in car video, and an outside video from yesterday...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92S0d2whMJE"]YouTube - 10 second Dodge Dart - In car video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQuHgIQFcsw"]YouTube - 512 CI Dodge Dart 1-9-11[/ame]

-
Back