73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
.....what kind of ground clearance do you have?

I didn't measure..... but did take this, a little low for even me. Hey where's the oil pan and header problems everybody complains about it

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 654
If there was a poll on best car build on this forum, this one might take the cake or at least be top 3. The quality and craftsmanship of this build is top notch!

If there was a poll on best car build on this forum, this one might take the cake or at least be top 3. The quality and craftsmanship of this build is top notch!

I don't know about all that...but Thank you, maybe top 3 for experimenting and trying different things at my cars expense.

I think I'd have to agree.....

Riddler

Thanks, as always I appreciate the compliments. Is your car painted yet ?

I don't know about all that...but Thank you, maybe top 3 for experimenting and trying different things at my cars expense.

Thanks, as always I appreciate the compliments. Is your car painted yet ?

Jams, engine bay and trunk.... Car is home to make it run and stop.... Then it gets final block and paint.

Riddler

Did you make the crank mandrel or is that a purchased piece? I've seen a few manufacturers out there and was wondering if any one was better than another. Awesome build by the way. Can't wait to see it finished. Any magazines contact you yet? It's definitely worthy of a cover shoot.

Did you make the crank mandrel or is that a purchased piece? I've seen a few manufacturers out there and was wondering if any one was better than another. Awesome build by the way. Can't wait to see it finished. Any magazines contact you yet? It's definitely worthy of a cover shoot.

The crank mandrel is a KRC piece as are the pulleys and power steering pump. I cant compare them to the other manufactures but KRC is top quality and American made.
No Magazine contact yet but I don't really advertise the build outside of FABO and one other site so it's flying under the radar, I know people post on Facebook and get noticed but I'm not a Big Facebook kind of guy or huge fan of social media in general. Thanks for the positive comments.

Attachments

• duster%20004.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 474
Good news and bad (for me), several months ago I ordered a center console and was told 2 weeks....after several unanswered phone calls and emails I had given up on ever getting this thing so I started making my own and wouldn't you know it, my Fiberglass one finally showed up after 2 1/2 months. So now I have a nice start on a Aluminum one that will get added to the pile of un-used stuff. Although, This is one piece I might be selling.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 514
  • 025.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 502
  • 020.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 508
  • 014.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 013.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 497
  • 012.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 507
  • 011.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 517
Looking Great! Front end too low. Maybe you could go with a taller wheel tire combo.

Looks like a nice piece.
Here's the CTS console I plan to customize/adapt to a 4 speed and use with the CTS seats.

Attachments

• console.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 501
looks like I'm back your way Wed night. Jim is gonna re-do my headers back to the shiney finish.

can you give them another ride if I drop them off at Daves? I will drop off your pivot shafts and other goodies too.....save the UPS fee

Looking Great! Front end too low. Maybe you could go with a taller wheel tire combo.

There already 26.4" tall on a 17"wheel ....I'll just dial in the ride height with the springs and get back to the desired 23 1/4" instead of the 22.5" that it is now.

looks like I'm back your way Wed night. Jim is gonna re-do my headers back to the shiney finish.

can you give them another ride if I drop them off at Daves? I will drop off your pivot shafts and other goodies too.....save the UPS fee

Maybe I should take mine off and have them polished up after there Dyno dulling since It looks like I'm going back.

Yes. I'll need to fab a base. I think I can carpet up to the transition. I want to try it since its functional and matches the seats and rear seat cupholder.

Yes. I'll need to fab a base. I think I can carpet up to the transition. I want to try it since its functional and matches the seats and rear seat cupholder.

Good idea on Carpet up to the transition, should look factory-ish.

I think the CTS stuff will look OK with a Peak dash and "modernish" gauge package. Have not figured out door panels yet. I do want to do away with the factory inner handles.
What's your door panel plan? (no pressure to disclose if its on the top secret list :)

-
Back