73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Like this?

Damn...that's a big Sombitch.

Those look great Ross. I've been thinking that's going to be my upgrade next year. I went small thinking I might run a set of rallye wheels from time to time, but I don't think that will ever happen now.

When I bought my front brakes a couple years ago the only big diameter rotor and calipers was what I have and a six piston set up that had a +.680 offset that would kick my wheels out too much.

Your car would look killer with big brakes, of course, every car looks better with big brakes....

Look kind of like the Brembos on my Porsche but mine just have 4 big pistons

Big Brembo's make everything look better, regardless of how many pistons they have...oh and they have to red.....Obviously. But since I'm on a budget I went with Wilwood, not that there cheap, just more affordable.

Hood time.......oh, and the radiator cover got painted too. It's hard to tell the details with the lighting but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 548
  • 021.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 530
  • 050.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 544
  • 049.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 540
  • 048.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 531
  • 045.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 525
  • 043.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 547
  • 030.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 533
  • 002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 551
  • 006.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 536
Thanks Denny....I wish I could get my pictures to post bigger..I did the recommended update but that didn't help.

Damn, that is finished off very nice, ton of ideas here. I probably missed it, but do you plan on a 6 pak style air filter sealed to the hood?

I like it all......Nice continuity of the red accents on the side, hood and brake calipers.
I luv luv luv those giant calipers. Hang a wheel on there and take a pic!

.......I wish I could get my pictures to post bigger.

Rossscoophood_zps37d2072b.jpg

RossCaliper_zpsbff2be0e.jpg

Damn, that is finished off very nice, ton of ideas here. I probably missed it, but do you plan on a 6 pak style air filter sealed to the hood?

I am thinking of modifying this but sealing a air box to the hood is a good idea. I know your probably wondering WTF is he going do with that......trust me I got a plan and if it doesn't workout it wouldn't be the first idea that I scrapped, I'll add it to the pile of un-used stuff I have.

Attachments

• hrd-3166_w.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 536
I like it all......Nice continuity of the red accents on the side, hood and brake calipers.
I luv luv luv those giant calipers. Hang a wheel on there and take a pic!

I actually did hang a tire on but didn't take advantage of the photo opportunity, but it looked awesome.

No, I stopped wondering a long time ago. Now I am a believer.

Is that Believer or Belieber ? By the way, The center console will carry the same paint scheme colors as the hood with the stinger points following the curves.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 537
  • th.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 522
Cutting the bottom off of it and using it under the hood to seal a the throttle bodies to the current hood scoop?

Nope...something like I did on my Power Wagon or like this Brand X car.

Attachments

• 1969-Chevrolet-Camaro_259074_low_res.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 539
Looks great, love this build, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

I'm in awe over this build! What an absolutely beautiful car you are creating!! Simply amazing work! Geof

mother of god this thing is badass. I now see the vision you've had.

and wow, what a viosion. may have to go to an all mopar show for the first time in ten years just to see it in person.

I'm in awe over this build! What an absolutely beautiful car you are creating!! Simply amazing work! Geof

Thanks Geof......I must admit it would be nice to bolt something on this car that doesn't need modified, but that doesn't look like it going to happen anytime soon so I'll keep creating stuff.

mother of god this thing is badass. I now see the vision you've had.

and wow, what a viosion. may have to go to an all mopar show for the first time in ten years just to see it in person.

Thanks, It's actually turning out real close to the rendering although the interior has gone way beyond what I had originally had planned. Once it's closer to being complete I'll reveal some of the "unique" interior stuff. There not "Secret" just not ready for release yet, I want to be the first to display everything together without idea's being borrowed and then I look like I copied them. In case you missed the rendering, here it is again.

Attachments

• UNLEASHED.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 455
There not "Secret" just not ready for release yet, I want to be the first to display everything together without idea's being borrowed and then I look like I copied them.

I know what you mean. I posted some pictures of my car with the new wheels at the body shop, a few months later some kids in Detroit come out with their "new" car and copied the wheels, the exhaust tips, and a few other things. I was not happy. I'm going to be at a car show and someone is going to think I copied them! That is so not cool.

Attachments

• Barracuda Wheels.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 434
  • 2015-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-Hellcat-VIN0001-0.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 437
-
Back