73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Here's a shot of the lower hose utilizing the heat shrink clamps. I made the cut directly over the Upper Alternator support so it would act as a anti-wear strip to protect the actual rubber hose against potential rub-thru since it rests directly on the aluminum bracket.

Awesome.
The pic should be larger :D

Can't wait to see this thing in person again!

hoses%208_zpsq53upumg.jpg

Can't wait to see this thing in person again!

Let me know whenever you guys are coming this way...until then, here's some more pictures for you to look at. I spent a few hours today adding a couple more cool little detail parts...I really hated to drill a 1" hole in the firewall but it had to be done for the coil wire pass-thru, I mounted the flange on the inside to reduce the look. Unfortunately some bolts have to be seen, so I'm using some unique fasteners to make them low profile and not so visible, I also used them to bolt the hood and trunk on. I also picked up a nice coolant recovery tank that I have to make a mounting bracket for but looks very clean on mockup, Finally I attached the bare Aluminum steering wheel rivets, The wheel came with Black also but I wanted some contrast.

Sorry for the small pic's.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 523
  • 009.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 521
  • 029.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 526
  • 036.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 530
  • 031.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 536
  • 011.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 518
  • 006.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 533
Let me know whenever you guys are coming this way...until then, here's some more pictures for you to look at. I spent a few hours today adding a couple more cool little detail parts...I really hated to drill a 1" hole in the firewall but it had to be done for the coil wire pass-thru, I mounted the flange on the inside to reduce the look. Unfortunately some bolts have to be seen, so I'm using some unique fasteners to make them low profile and not so visible, I also used them to bolt the hood and trunk on. I also picked up a nice coolant recovery tank that I have to make a mounting bracket for but looks very clean on mockup, Finally I attached the bare Aluminum steering wheel rivets, The wheel came with Black also but I wanted some contrast.

Sorry for the small pic's.

Everything looks great............. How big is the overflow tank?

The bad part of having a Black car with Black accessories, they don't show the details very well. I think I'm going to paint the Overflow Satin Black to match the Radiator. I had to add to much light to get it to show up, although once the Radiator cover is re-installed it will be hidden anyway.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 491
  • 007.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 476
  • 004.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 493
I think that may be on the large size for a Rum & Coke but I will be the last person to argue about it!

You are correct in the normal world......but we upgraded to big tumblers....Just fill the tumbler with Ice add 4 shots of Rum and top it off with a can of Diet Cherry Coke. A few pics have made it into this thread over the years...here's a couple from 2013. I don't know what Mark who seemed to be caught in the act was doing, but you can clearly Dad with all the tools of the trade mixing up his favorite concoction.

Attachments

• dart%20010.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 497
  • duster%20020.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 477
....Just fill the tumbler with Ice add 4 shots of Rum and top it off with a can of Diet Cherry Coke.
You've really got me at the Diet Cherry Coke.....I love that stuff!

If you could TIG me up a little carrier that would hold four of those I would sit quietly for the rest of the night.

Mark? He has an app on his phone to check the alcohol content of the drink Dave just made him (it passed).

........ I don't know what Mark who seemed to be caught in the act was doing, but you can clearly Dad with all the tools of the trade mixing up his favorite concoction.

as long as he (Mark) isn't doing whatever he does before he makes cheese sandwiches....we are good.

Denny hardly ever imbibes.

I usually throw a few of these in the truck for him before we leave for a show.

dehyd20water_zpstsa2kgzi.jpg

I like what I see.....as usual, all the mods are well thought out. Never afraid to alter things if a better way is discovered.

I like what I see.....as usual, all the mods are well thought out. Never afraid to alter things if a better way is discovered.

Thanks Denny...My return rate of parts at Summit Racing has to be through the roof, I'm always buying stuff, take to home and see if it will work .A lot of times I buy 2 or 3 similar items at a time and keep which ever one's require the least modifying. Even the Coolant tank needed a offset mounting bracket made to get it to mount correctly.

How many sets of drink tumblers were scrutinized before you hit on the best ones?

Well...2, the first set were smooth sided and when the beverage container started to "Sweat" from the Cold Ice, it became very slippery and I hate to admit that a few were unintentionally lost when the slipped out of your hand(RIP). The second set were Textured and provided a much better grip, and the rest is history.

Excellent data analysis on the cup selection.
There's just some things I'm well educated on....Trial and error...the best way to learn, although I do feel bad for the spilled and wasted Alcohol that was sacrificed in the name of education .

-
Back