73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Here's a few more of Ross' car that I took

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ross, The car looks badass. You did a great job. The wheel choice is killer.

Ross, The car looks badass. You did a great job. The wheel choice is killer.
Thanks Tim,
I think the wheels really changed the look and attitude of the car. It seems that my next project has already been chosen for me. I got a call yesterday from the guy I sold my 71' 340, 4 spd Cuda' to 26 years ago, and he informed me that after attending this years Mopar Nationals he has decided to sell the car and since I have continued to show interest in buying it back whenever he decided to sell it, I had the first shot. Even though it needs restored, the price wont be cheap.....I told him damn I wish I would have known this before last weekend I might have thrown a "for sale" sign in the window....I might have to do some creative liquidating fast. The picture is from 1990 and doesn't have more than 500 miles on it since then. I know one FABO member remembers when I owned it, what do you think Mike ?
past cars 019.jpg

if/when you get the '71 'Cuda, would you restore it to factory stock, restomod it or stock appearing with upgrades to make it more driveable? i would do the last option, but that's just me.....

if/when you get the '71 'Cuda, would you restore it to factory stock, restomod it or stock appearing with upgrades to make it more driveable? i would do the last option, but that's just me.....
Stock appearing, but a few safety and drivability upgrades but I have to get over the financial hurdle first before the if/when happens. I remember 26 years ago driving to Cleveland on I-71 and got into a high speed run on the highway with a Corvette. He couldn't outrun me but I didn't think I was get it slowed down enough before eating his rear bumper.

Last edited:
Wow this car is so beautiful! I really wish I didn't get stuck working last weekend. However the Canadian MoparFest is this weekend if you want to bring it up.

As for the RIDLER award each car MUST be able to start up and drive up to judging on the first day. I hate seeing all the cars that should be in the Top 8 but are not cause they couldn't get started up or couldn't move under it's own power. Such a shame!

Riddler

Stock appearing, but a few safety and drivability upgrades but I have to get over the financial hurdle first before the if/when happens. I remember 26 years ago driving to Cleveland on I-71 and got into a high speed run on the highway with a Corvette. He couldn't outrun me but I didn't think I was get it slowed down enough before eating his rear bumper.
SO, a 408 that looks like a 340 w/headers, the new Passon 5 speed, Hotchkis sport suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes behind 15" maybe/maybe not 16" Mopar Rallye wheels that are a little wider but not so wide you have to mini-tub the rear and of course better seats and stereo..... there you go, there's your plan, . . . . LOL

SORRY, you have to find the $$$
Like I mentioned earlier....it wont be a cheap purchase and I'm sort of tapped out of extra car money especially after just finishing this build. I really don't want to offer up the Duster but sacrifices might have to be made.

SO, a 408 that looks like a 340 w/headers, the new Passon 5 speed, Hotchkis sport suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes behind 15" maybe/maybe not 16" Mopar Rallye wheels that are a little wider but not so wide you have to mini-tub the rear and of course better seats and stereo..... there you go, there's your plan, . . . . LOL
Not a bad plan except a HDK suspension in place of Hotchkis.

Not a bad plan except a HDK suspension in place of Hotchkis.
ok, i didn't know HDK did E-bodies. i suggested Hotchkis because they upgrade factory equipment (stock appearing). Denny's replaces the k-member. does he do rear suspension now too? i guess i need to go to the website........

EDIT: WOW! what great website Denny....very informative

Last edited:
You don't want to cut up or modify a factory ev2 shaker car. A six cylinder Duster ok, but not that car!

You better keep it el stocko to recoup your casho when its time to sell o!
That would be the plan, back to factory stock, and after 26 years of trying to buy it back and I haven't got the chance to go look at the car yet and talk about the price but selling isn't an option.

Last edited:
You don't want to cut up or modify a factory ev2 shaker car. A six cylinder Duster ok, but not that car!
Totally agree.... There were never any plans to "cut up" any part, but a brake upgrade with keeping all the OEM stuff just in case is likely.

Took the Duster out to put it through a shakedown and when I pushed the power steering, my high pressure -6AN line let go. I was trying to match all the lines, but it looks like I'll need to get a real high pressure line made up Monday.
076.JPG

080.JPG

Took the Duster out to put it through a shakedown and when I pushed the power steering, my high pressure -6AN line let go. I was trying to match all the lines, but it looks like I'll need to get a real high pressure line made up Monday.
WOW, BUMMER ..... how much of a mess did it make underhood?

-
Back