73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Good luck on the Cuda Ross. Gonna have Macco paint it again?

Ross, You need to get some good pictures to post because these don't show 10% of how good it looks.
John,
I took these yesterday before my power steering hose let go.

004.JPG
006.JPG
016.JPG
017.JPG
018.JPG
026.JPG
028.JPG
030.JPG
036.JPG
002.JPG

Last edited:
Sits perfect......change spring, not ride height

You would almost think it is sporting retro-trick red line tires.....cooooool

You would almost think it is sporting retro-trick red line tires.....cooooool
I had considered using black plasti-dip on about 1" of the outer wheel lip to make it look like tire and applying the red stripe over that.

pinstripe.gif

Last edited:
WOW!!! That looks badass!! LOVE the stance of it!! How high are your rockers off the ground?

The bottom of the rocker is 6 3/4" in the front and 7" in the rear but my lowest part of the frame (by the header collector) is about 3 1/2" off the ground.

Good luck on the Cuda Ross. Gonna have Macco paint it again?
Last time I saw it (11 years ago) it didn't look awful but I'm going to upgrade the painting quality once I start redoing it. I had to promise the wife I wouldn't tear into it for a year or so (Dad too) I spent the last couple days cleaning his building up.

Lol....that's what I told my wife on the Flash....which is now in pieces. I told her I would finish the rental house and shop BEFORE I started on it.

A week after it was in Findlay I picked her up from her work filthy from head to toe from disassembly.

She asked...."are you working on that car?"
I said...."a little"

Still in the doghouse but now I get visits

Any issues with scraping?

nope....none yet. I did put together an actual high pressure hose for the power steering and swapped out the 110lb springs for some 150lb QA1's...... much better than before. I think I'm going to put my original 170lb springs back in, the 150's at ride height measure right at 8" compressed which on a 12" spring is at the max compression of 33% recommended. The 110's were cranked up to 6" compression or 50%....way too much. The 110's yesterday were bottoming out on dips in the road, today with the 150's everything was great. I assume by saying "scraping" your referencing oil pan, headers, ect...none there either. it's all getting dialed in so by next spring it will be 100% ready to go.

Lol....that's what I told my wife on the Flash....which is now in pieces. I told her I would finish the rental house and shop BEFORE I started on it.

A week after it was in Findlay I picked her up from her work filthy from head to toe from disassembly.

She asked...."are you working on that car?"
I said...."a little"

Still in the doghouse but now I get visits

I can't get away with that...my dad will "rat" me out to my wife in a heartbeat. But I can start buying parts and stashing them till the time comes. Dad told me today he might not buy the race car he was going to get due to storage issues in the winter with all the "faithful regulars" he's had for years that store their cars there. I told him I'll keep the Cuda' at my place and the Charger can sit out.

I can't get away with that...my dad will "rat" me out to my wife in a heartbeat. But I can start buying parts and stashing them till the time comes. Dad told me today he might not buy the race car he was going to get due to storage issues in the winter with all the "faithful regulars" he's had for years that store their cars there. I told him I'll keep the Cuda' at my place and the Charger can sit out.

you should be a nice son and buy dad a 4 post lift, so there is room for the new cuda. I know, evil mind I have but money well spent!

so it sounds like that 'Cuda may have been your first car and you've decided to try and buy it back??

It wasn't my first...more like my third, I've stayed in contact with him since 1998 and sold it to him initially in 1990 with the intent to hopefully be in the position I'm in now. Hopefully he wont want a fortune and I don't have to get into a bidding war with the guy who's second in line, hopefully we can get together this week or weekend and get this done.

Ross.....you out to take some pictures of your Duster next to Daves Swinger.....to get a prospective on how (low and mean) this baby really is.

Ross.....you out to take some pictures of your Duster next to Daves Swinger.....to get a prospective on how (low and mean) this baby really is.
Good thought, I need some different pictures of the car on a hard level surface and maybe and industrial background.

I have to say, I haven't looked at your build until now. Well, I just looked at this last page and will be starting from the beginning. Absolutely awesome sir! Outstanding. Beautiful. Hats off to you, that there is one hell of a Duster.

I have to say, I haven't looked at your build until now. Well, I just looked at this last page and will be starting from the beginning. Absolutely awesome sir! Outstanding. Beautiful. Hats off to you, that there is one hell of a Duster.
Thanks, it was a long road to get there and a lot of changes but it finally came together.

-
Back