73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
It's finally a done deal, the newest addition to the family. it's been along 26 year absence. Believe it or not that is a Maaco paint job from 1990, just wait till I buff it out. The car only had 457 miles put on since I sold it !

View attachment 1714976539

View attachment 1714976540

View attachment 1714976541

View attachment 1714976542

View attachment 1714976543

View attachment 1714976544
WOW!! That thing is beautiful!! Congrats on getting her back!! I hope you can find a way to keep both cars but if not I'm sure we'll all understand. Lol.

sooo, what are your plans for the 'Cuda? or do we have to go to FEBO to find out?
I will tell you anything you want to know here on FABO, but I won't be posting restoration pictures of the build, that will on FEBO. I really don't understand why people feel that Forum that specifically says For A Bodies Only is a place that's OK to place B or E body restorations when there sites also specifically designed for that also but what's worse is Non-Mopars, trucks or even the occasional bicycles posted here. Okay, let me step off my soda box and answer your question, There are some frame rail issues that have a hackjob repair from the early days...before I owned it 26 years ago that need the most attention, everything else will be a fairly easy (compared to the Duster). All of the rare parts are in great shape and there, looking at the broadcast sheet the car was originally a vinyl top car but won't be getting that added back on. I'm in the process of having a fender tag made and just going to get it in good running condition and drive it for a year or so before the full restoration begins. Once I tear into it I will but it back to close to original since it is a very unique and rare car. I will keep the 70 AAR exhaust manifolds i added since that is part of the history I have with the car same goes for the AAR Rallye wheels and Rallye Dash. The car should have a single manual chrome mirror and body color grille and will be going back that way, I will add the missing rocker trim and all the proper moldings that are missing.

Last edited:
One reason I can see why people post other builds on here is because there are a lot of people on here (like me) who wanna keep up with a build (like your Cuda build) but don't have an account on the other sites so won't get notifications when you post an update.

One reason I can see why people post other builds on here is because there are a lot of people on here (like me) who wanna keep up with a build (like your Cuda build) but don't have an account on the other sites so won't get notifications when you post an update.
I use the same log in name and password on car every site and just stay logged in...it's quite easy to keep up with and get the notifications and keep the integrity of the appropriate website. Just hit the easy button.

I use the same log in name and password on car every site and just stay logged in...it's quite easy to keep up with and get the notifications and keep the integrity of the appropriate website. Just hit the easy button.
exactly right, i'm a member here and FMJs only because i had an Aspen Super Coupe back in the '80s and was curious about what's happening with them. it was a fun car......
on another note, what happened to the fender tag on the 'Cuda?
ALSO, do you have a thread for it at FEBO yet?

Last edited:
I think I sold you the rallye dash cluster. Did I find that car for you initially?

what happened to the fender tag on the 'Cuda?
ALSO, do you have a thread for it at FEBO yet?

The fender tag was removed for paint from the guy I bought it from 26 years ago and he couldn't find it later when it was reassembled. Luckily it has the Broadcast sheet or I couldn't prove any of the cars options.I have a welcome thread started.. I also have one started on Cuda-Challenger.command have just been trying to gather information since I wont tear it apart for a year or so.

Thanks Mike,
I don't know when I'll sell it. Mopar Collectors Guide just finished editing the story and should be running it in a few months or so..... so not before then.
man i wish i had the funds to buy it, its a beautiful car Ross, very beautiful and I hate to see you sell it. But if there's one car I can understand you doing it for, its for a 340 'cuda. Especially that year. I would do the same thing.

man i wish i had the funds to buy it, its a beautiful car Ross, very beautiful and I hate to see you sell it. QUOTE]

I haven't really decided 100% to sell it...and I definitely haven't advertised it..I'd like to make next years full show circuit.

duster 006.JPG
duster 003.jpg
What system did you use for wipers? what did it come out of?
Sorry for the delay...I don't get on here much since my new E body project is consuming my free time.
The wiper motor is from a early 90's stock mopar wiper motor ...really a simple installation if the car is gutted. All the stock linkage is reused, nothing special or high tech.
Good Luck.

View attachment 1714984761 View attachment 1714984762
Sorry for the delay...I don't get on here much since my new E body project is consuming my free time.
The wiper motor is from a early 90's stock mopar wiper motor ...really a simple installation if the car is gutted. All the stock linkage is reused, nothing special or high tech.
Good Luck.
Is it a variable speed motor? If so what switch did you use?

Is it a variable speed motor? If so what switch did you use?

I don't think so but I really don't remember because I installed it it over 5 years ago. the plan was to simply wire it to one of the on/off switches on the dash and just use a single speed to keep it simple but I found Rain X works almost as well so that's as far as it got.

-
Back