73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Here is what I dug up googling that color, "Orange P/C Touch-up Paint Paint Code YVF / Sales Code PVF" hope that helps some. It is a pretty cool color, and your Duster is in fact a radical BEAST I think it would look good that color. So I think it is YVF Prowler Orange

Okay enough screwing around with duct tape, time to get serious..... I didn't want a flat hood scoop opening( 1st pic) and was looking for something with a stamped look (kind of 3D). I decided a stamping die would be the fastest and easiest route (2nd pic), it 's made from 1/4" 4130 and was used with a 75 ton press to get the desired look. I think it turned out pretty nice (3rd pic) but I had to cold work it to get it right, but once it was installed I think it turned out pretty nice...I definatley will have a one of a kind hood once its all said and done. Its not done yet, but I just have to make the side pieces, weld them in and finish up the bottom side(another 20-30 hours). The air intake is 12" X 2".

Attachments

• duster 034.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,040
  • duster 007.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,045
  • duster 009.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • duster 002.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,030
  • duster 001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,014
  • duster 037.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • duster 035.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,011
Nice work, it's details like that, that separate the men from the boys.....

Nice work, it's details like that, that separate the men from the boys.....

Thanks Tin, coming from you that means alot...since your work is top notch. Its funny how the scoop looks so much bigger now, but all I did was lower the inlet 1.5"

me...I go for the pure stockers....factory adds only ...

I just can't understand how you guys could even think about cutting up a perfectly good car

Does Factory addd on's and cutting up a perfectly good car include stufffing an aluminum Hemi under the hood of a Duster with stretched front and rear wheelwells....? Did you see what I started with, it was far from a perfectly good car. I also noticed you excluded yourself from the previously mentioned list of "Factory" look builders.

P.S- I'm turning purple standing here hold my breath\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

don't like to toot my own horn...wife says I do enough tootin' round here....I don't think she means the same kind of tootin' as I do

hopefully Scruffs and I can come check your progess Wed........feel free to take a breath now and then

BTW....luv the new Avatar!!

don't like to toot my own horn...wife says I do enough tootin' round here....I don't think she means the same thing as I do

hopefully Scruffs and I can come check your progess Wed...feel free to take a breath now and

BTW....luv the new Avatar!!

Building Hot Rods is like the coffee gett'n business ..... theres a lot of different flavors to choose from. Now, proceed. :coffee2:

me...I go for the pure stockers....factory adds only ...

I just can't understand how you guys could even think about cutting up a perfectly good car

LOL

Anyone can restore a car, it takes a real man to cut one up....:bounce:

LOL

I agree, just to much cool stuff to do when your dealing with metal.
Some of us can't resist the urge to modify it.

LOL

SwissWill....my nomination for...Man of the year

Honorable Mentions....Blue Missle, Orangewagon, RJ (missing in action),Hemidart528 (another MIA)

Pink Belt Award...(for squeezin marshmellows)......HemiMark (two in the hopper)

please don't be mad if you didn't make the list...there is always next year

Uh thanks, but I'll give my spot up to Tincup since his car is way too cool and Awesome. What about you ? mister non-horn tooter you should be there too

Ross,

I heard you mention "Black is looking better and better", I love black and have never been partial to orange, but it seems as if you have a thing for orange. With that in mind how about gloss black w/gloss orange stripes and call-outs (like the color "Grabber Orange" that you have on hood latch support) ? ? ? Sounds pretty sexy to me, but I've been told on occasion that I'm an oddball . . . I beg to differ. . .

just thought I'd share some pics of past cars...I guess your right I must have a thing for orange. Some of these pics go back to 1984 (yellow Duster) my first car. These are in order of thier build.

Attachments

• powerwagon (2).jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,618
  • past cars 008.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 934
  • past cars 007.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,188
  • past cars 018.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 907
  • past cars 019.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 921
  • past cars 013.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 923
  • past cars 012.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 912
  • past cars 010.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 931
  • powerwagon (29).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,569
I missed Tincup...he was on the list

best powdercoated nuts award.....Tincup

BTW...my horn goes...Beep-Beep

If that list all worked in the same place, had an unlimited budget, they would have to raise he national speed limit to 120 and create a left passing only lane for the entire national highway system.:burnout:
By the way OW thats VERY cool!
Andrew

SwissWill....my nomination for...Man of the year

Honorable Mentions....Blue Missle, Orangewagon, RJ (missing in action),Hemidart528 (another MIA)

Pink Belt Award...(for squeezin marshmellows)......HemiMark (two in the hopper)

please don't be mad if you didn't make the list...there is always next year

Dang I need to up my game.. didn't even make the list! lol

-
Back