73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
No, he is the body man, you are the PROFESSIONAL! On another note I was reading that Denny suggested to get another lid to paint if you don't like the wing when finished and I think thats a great idea. I'm thinking he's thinking that matching that paint may be a little tricky down the road. Did Dave get his hot rod?

I'm thinking ...that you're thinking what I'm thinking is .....scary....but I like your thinking

I'm thinking ...that you're thinking what I'm thinking is .....scary....but I like your thinking

you know I know first hand about matching paint with the fiasco I have going on with the Demon. I haven't been in the hot rod shop since Ross paid me a visit. it's depressing ....

you better get out there and get those wrenches flyin'......it needs you!

No, he is the body man, you are the PROFESSIONAL! On another note I was reading that Denny suggested to get another lid to paint if you don't like the wing when finished and I think thats a great idea. I'm thinking he's thinking that matching that paint may be a little tricky down the road. Did Dave get his hot rod?

No Hot Rod yet......still waiting on delivery ...now that the Holidays are over I hope things will move a little faster. The shop keep uploading pic's to there web site, haven't decided if I'm gonna start a new build thread on this one....just what this site needs another 70' Dart swinger 340 build. It will just be a bolt on pretty new parts thread. I would like to talk to Tom Hoover about the motor he built for it though.

No Hot Rod yet......still waiting on delivery ...now that the Holidays are over I hope things will move a little faster. The shop keep uploading pic's to there web site, haven't decided if I'm gonna start a new build thread on this one....just what this site needs another 70' Dart swinger 340 build. It will just be a bolt on pretty new parts thread. I would like to talk to Tom Hoover about the motor he built for it though.

I'll give Donny a call. He may have Tom's number. Tom has bought some parts from him before, it may be a long shot but worth a try.

Here's a couple pics of whats coming down the road....in another thread, if Dad wants to go this route...I'll have to get him to sign up so he can do the typing. Plus, I'd hate to hi-jack my own build. Before you ask....Yes, this is the actual car were talking about, looks like all the hard works done.

Attachments

• TomHooverCarlisle2005.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,006
  • hoover_1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 998
  • July0105_2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,080
  • July0105_4.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,051
A little late, but Happy New Year to ya Ross. I like your version better on the spoiler. Good looking Swinger project coming up. Looking forward to a better year hopefully.:coffee2:

A little late, but Happy New Year to ya Ross. I like your version better on the spoiler. Good looking Swinger project coming up. Looking forward to a better year hopefully.:coffee2:

Thanks Thunder,
I was wondering what happened to you, I thought maybe I said something that pissed you off...My wife tell me I do that from time to time. Happy New Year to you to....Yea, the verdict is still out on the spoiler...been thinking about making a mini Pro-Mod Aluminum bolt on..but well see what happens when it's painted.

Thanks Thunder,
I was wondering what happened to you, I thought maybe I said something that pissed you off...My wife tell me I do that from time to time. Happy New Year to you to....Yea, the verdict is still out on the spoiler...been thinking about making a mini Pro-Mod Aluminum bolt on..but well see what happens when it's painted.

Let me know if you need another deck lid. I have one bolted on the 72 under the tarp with your name on it. I may also have another one out there....... just let me know.

No, you idiot!!! The President [-X

Umm, I hate to say this but.....President Hoover's first name was Herbert not Tom, that is if your refering to our nations 31st president. Then there was J. edgar Hoover, the first director of the FBI but he wasn't a Tom either......

Mini Pro Mod aluminum, Hmmm... Sounds Cool. Better make two, I might need one of those.:coffee2:

That's Mark I appreciate it....now get back in the garage !!!

Talked to Donny today and he does not have any contact info for Mr. Tom Hoover of 426 Hemi fame. (just wanted the other guys reading this not to confuse which Hoover we are talking about)

Talked to Donny today and he does not have any contact info for Mr. Tom Hoover of 426 Hemi fame. (just wanted the other guys reading this not to confuse which Hoover we are talking about)

Okay thanks, I appreciate the help.

Mini Pro Mod aluminum, Hmmm... Sounds Cool. Better make two, I might need one of those.:coffee2:

Heres a couple pics of what I had in mind but I would scale it down alot. The problem I'm thinking will be running into a time constraint... If I paint a second one with the car, I hate to run the risk of scratching it and having to drill rivet holes everywhere in a freshly painted piece. And since I don't have a second lying around I really cant start designing it yet.

Attachments

• spoiler.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 895
  • spoiler 2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 885
That would look Very cool on your car. I believe Hemi Mark offered an extra lid. Just saying.:coffee2:

That would look Very cool on your car. I believe Hemi Mark offered an extra lid. Just saying.:coffee2:

I've been working on some billet frame plugs and designing and mocking up some speciality mounts for a little extra individuality and bling......the final design will be 1/2" thick 6061, not that .063" in the pic, so I don't have lots of free time to start another new spoiler design at the present moment. I'll give the current one a chance before I start fresh.

Attachments

• motor mount 037.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 800
  • motor mount 036.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 797
  • motor mount 035.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 797
  • motor mount 028.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 796
  • motor mount 027.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 796
  • motor mount 038.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 817
I've been working on some billet frame plugs and designing and mocking up some speciality mounts for a little extra individuality and bling......the final design will be 1/2" thick 6061, not that .063" in the pic, so I don't have lots of free time to start another new spoiler design at the present moment. I'll give the current one a chance before I start fresh.

Shwing!

-
Back