73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Man.....This thing is really happening! Love that rear spoiler.

Thanks for the compliment, as you know the spoiler has been the topic of conversation here several times.....both for and against. Just for the record, your Brother Denny and Hemi Mark are against it but we'll see once it all gets painted before I make the final decision.

X2, that spoiler does look great. It looks more low profile than I remember.

Its was altered by my body guy to blend in more and he welded a piece in to remove the upper bend trying to make it less Camaro-ish. we came up with another idea once its painted that will change things around a bit more.

Here's the original design...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lord help your body many if you have as many design changes with the paint scheme. :)

Well I was reviewing my posts trying to find some profile shots of the car for a graphics artist to do a rendition, and found this..of course I had to chuckle a little. By the way, Another A's comment was almost a year ago and I'm still searching colors on a daily basis.

Well I was reviewing my posts trying to find some profile shots of the car for a graphics artist to do a rendition, and found this..of course I had to chuckle a little. By the way, Another A's comment was almost a year ago and I'm still searching colors on a daily basis.

I've had to have told my paint guys about 100 different colors and layouts so far. When they laid down the ultra dark primer I was sold.

I've had to have told my paint guys about 100 different colors and layouts so far. When they laid down the ultra dark primer I was sold.

I have 2 words for you John...FROZEN GREY (BMW), check it out, you might be changing.

Attachments

• Frozen-grey-5.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 868
  • frozen grey metallic.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 863
Satin again... I am drawn to satin.
I'm just a little afraid to try spraying a satin clear.

I know the pain your going through. It was one of the biggest pain in the *** parts of the build for me because you won't really know what it looks like until the paint is on and its in the sun. Until then its just photoshop and guess work.

Ross I sent you an email with some sample colors.

I know the pain your going through. It was one of the biggest pain in the *** parts of the build for me because you won't really know what it looks like until the paint is on and its in the sun. Until then its just photoshop and guess work.

Ross I sent you an email with some sample colors.

Thanks Shawn there are some great colors many I hadn't stumbled across yet.

Well got a little closer to getting the Dart together, a few more parts arrived, Dad decided that he wanted an air ride suspension but, being old school his came in the form of Air Shocks......at least I was able to hide the valve under the trunk mat. The vintage 1970 Ohio license plates arrived so I bolted one of them up ( I like them since it has my initials). Front fender splash shields came back from powder coating, picked up a air cleaner assembly(that needs repainted) and used Denny's packing the hood springs with grease trick....it worked great except for the the last few inches in the up position, other than that it's totally silent now.

Attachments

• dart 015.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 844
  • dart 018.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 833
  • dart 030.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 843
  • dart 029.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 851
  • dart 016.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 865
  • dart 022.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 867
  • dart 006.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 870
  • dart 008.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 840
  • dart 009.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 865
  • dart 013.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 845
For some reason orange darts have a special place in my heart. You dad's got to be smiling ear to ear.

It could be bartered for. His dart for my hood sounds fair. :)

Did any of those colors I sent you jump out?

It could be bartered for. His dart for my hood sounds fair. :)

Did any of those colors I sent you jump out?

I liked a couple, The Porsche brown is awesome but not with my interior. It's funny Tom (my paint guy) told my dad (Sunday)that my car should be painted by the end of the month, If I could decide on a color, like I'm holding up the process. I think after all the effort and time I've put into color choices I'm going to go with something close to my original thought. I love the BMW Frozen grey but I just cant bring myself to paint a car in a matte finish, not being able to wax and shine it up is such a Foreign concept I just don't know, then theres the question of accent colors for bumpers and window trim. I love chrome bumpers but as modified as mine are I was quoted $950.00 and up per bumper for chrome to make them perfectly straight and pretty, so the idea of $2000.00 for rechromed bumpers plus the trim work, another chunk of $$$$ has me leaning a different direction.

Just like spraying reqular clear. Its just satin finish. If you fan spray base clear then u can satin. I did it a few times

Others have said its harder, I suspect because there's no final buffing. I was also told doing individual panels may be a no go - variation in final gloss I presume. I've done a couple BC CC jobs that came out well without buffing. Of course there is the risk of runs when spraying wet enough to not require buffing. I think with really good lighting it's "doable". Any pics of your satin jobs?

Ross..... the Dart is looking great! Tell Dave I said thank you for the note! (i opened the box today) LOL

Ross, Your Dad's Dart is supremely fine!

Congratulations Dave.

I will inspect it in person in the big tent at the Nat's!

-
Back