73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Well got back from the Nats and found that my intake has finally arrived, I wish I didn't ship out my valve covers Thursday so I could see it all together. No more 2"x 4" mock up.

Attachments

• duster 028.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 754
  • duster 031.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 769
  • duster 034.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 761
  • duster 035.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 764
  • duster 041.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 768
BEAUTIFUL!

What.......No Nats pictures????????

I only took a couple I'm sure OldManMopar took some he'll be posting, it was honeslty the best time I've had at the Nationals...of course thats because I was introduced to Chopin Vodka and Diet Snapple.....Thanks (62BT409 and HemiMark) Awesome combo !!!! Meet some really nice FABO members, not many showed up though. I'd like go give a special thanks out to Alexandre Gastaldon Badolato for dropping of a book he published of Brazilian A Bodies..I wish he would have hung out in the tent for awhile.

I did manage to take a couple from the Holiday Inn Express parking lot after the booze and BS were both flowing like water, heres a couple of HemiMark being well......HemiMark. Thats my dad in the background serving up a Military special Rum and Cherry Coke for himself.

Attachments

• duster 021.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 762
  • duster 020.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 753
I'm embarrassed to say I never took my camera out of my luggage all
weekend with the double 200 mile round trips and all.

Denny took some though....

we were driving back last night and dad asked if I got any pics of the cars all together under the Tent. I said No but you should of said something there but I'm sure someone got some .....

Went to test fit the front bumper one last time after the Modifications, I added 3/4" of 1/8" steel strip to the ends to help close the gaps...I'm happy with the fitment and it will be easy to get a perfect 1/4"-3/8" gap to the fender pocket with a little grinding and cutting. The Aluminum hood support is in and really reduced the flex of the scoop, I cant wait to see the bottom all smoothed off.
I finished bolting the Mod Man together and realized I'm gonna have to make some changes with the throttle linkage...it really is up there so I might be cutting on my throtte body linkage so it fits under the air cleaner or I cut a slot in the air cleaner base. Also I found that the Distributor to intake clearance is very close but it clears, looks like the Mod Man is an Air Gap like Edelbrock.

Attachments

• duster 037.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 726
  • duster 035.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 734
  • duster 029.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 734
  • duster 026.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 731
  • duster 025.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 714
  • duster 021.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 731
  • duster 018.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 728
  • duster 013.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 731
  • duster 041.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 744
  • duster 051.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 723
This thing is going to be KILLER!

It raises everything to a new level.

Thanks John,
I tried to give Tom (the painter) some inspiration today since I'm pumped up after attending the Nats this year...I told him it has to be done for next years show. He said it will be painted and back to me by November or December.

thanks john,
i tried to give tom (the painter) some inspiration today since i'm pumped up after attending the nats this year...i told him it has to be done for next years show. He said it will be painted and back to me by november or december.

2013?....just to clerify

2013?....just to clerify

Thats Funny because I told him today that when he said last August that It would be done by Christmas present I assumed he meant last Christmas not this one coming up. So Yes, Christmas 2013 ...Remember though I may have a Military Commitment that lasts about 12 weeks in early 2014 That may be the game changer.

Thats Funny because I told him today that when he said last August that It would be done by Christmas present I assumed he meant last Christmas not this one coming up. So Yes, Christmas 2013 ...Remember though I may have a Military Commitment that lasts about 12 weeks in early 2014 That may be the game changer.

WELL, I will volunteer to take the car to the Nats.....you do your commitment. So get crackin on the car..........it's worth a few Belly Buster's........JUST SAYIN'

My buddy from Wisconson saw you guy's stuff at the Nat's and was
blown away.

The Hemi cars were killer and your Dad's Dart was really sweet ("too
perfect to park outside" according to him).

He said that 383 Duster would be the affordable street car (he likey too).

Post some pics?

Ross, I'm liking the dual purpose driving light holes in the bumper,,,,second purpose, air inlets for twin pro chargers or turbos once you feel it's time for a power upgrade :D

Hopefully your car is at the Nats next year, I'm going to try my darnedest to make it down and see all all these sweet rides from you fellow FABO members :)

Ross, I'm liking the dual purpose driving light holes in the bumper,,,,second purpose, air inlets for twin pro chargers or turbos once you feel it's time for a power upgrade :D

Hopefully your car is at the Nats next year, I'm going to try my darnedest to make it down and see all all these sweet rides from you fellow FABO members :)

Thanks I like the way they turned out.....I don't think many folks like them yet but hopefully after its painted and complete more will like it more. You'll definatley get the long haul award if you can make it unlike Gavin (1972orangebeast) who lives a mere 10 minutes away.....must be nice.

My buddy from Wisconson saw you guy's stuff at the Nat's and was
blown away.

The Hemi cars were killer and your Dad's Dart was really sweet ("too
perfect to park outside" according to him).

He said that 383 Duster would be the affordable street car (he likey too).

Post some pics?

There definatley was a crowd under the tent most of the day Saturday, I met some real knowledgable people that actually educated me on the Tom Hoover motor a little more.

Before the Nats I dropped off the New AMD Quarter glass to get a little darker tint, today I picked it up and assembled it, all the seals are new including that "pain in the ***" channel felt. While everything was disassembled I prepped and painted all the bright work in a nice suttle trim black to stand off from the Shiny Carbon Flash body. The other one is now disassembled and painted and I'll assemble it Friday after the paint is nice and dry. I only did one at a time so I will always have a sample to use for a reference. I also discovered that Indy decided to copy Edelbrock's unique spacing for there dual quad manifold...6 7/16" center to center so I either use one of Edelbrocks dedicated Air Cleaner or make my own, Guess which way I'm leaning on this one. Ther also will be a will be a see thru Plexi Glass cover so everybody can see the polished Throttle bodies when its parked at a show or cruise in.

Attachments

• duster 009.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 677
  • duster 008.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 659
  • duster 004.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 682
  • duster 002.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 658
  • duster 001.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 687
  • duster 010.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 681
Ross,
It looks from the pics you have some milling to do?
In the mean time thats going to be a mean MoPar.
Thats a cool pink and blue Flubber motor in the background.
:blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:
Andrew

I'm going black on the trim for my Dart as well. Wondering how you prep and paint the chrome/stainless. Also, how did they do the tint?

Ross,
It looks from the pics you have some milling to do?
In the mean time thats going to be a mean MoPar.
Thats a cool pink and blue Flubber motor in the background.
:blob::blob::blob::blob::blob:
Andrew

Theres lots of milling I have planned for the engine, which pic are you refering to ? The pink and blue thing is an automatic pool cleaner.

-
Back