73 Duster resto..

-
What are your plans for the paint on the rest of the car...ie, inner fenders, trunk ect....body color or black to match the fender tops ?

What are your plans for the paint on the rest of the car...ie, inner fenders, trunk ect....body color or black to match the fender tops ?

Engine bay, Jambs, under trunk lid and trunk gutters all need to be painted body color. Front wheel wells have been undercoated and I still need to do the rears. The trunk I am thinking of spackle paint when I get everything cut and set for the fuel cell and battery mount, but I also will have a cage installed so I want that in first then finish painting the floor.

The hood will be matte black and the interior will be mostly black and green if anything. The door panels I want to do aluminum because I like that look. I also have to do a firewall in the back for the cell.

I got the engine bay painted. It needs some touch up, but it looks good. It does have some runs, but hey... I painted it myself haha and it's not a show car.

Attachments

• 61668_10152097825893858_1956179341_n.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 1010393_10152097825493858_1308819975_n.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 1000216_10152097825488858_1002545393_n.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 968842_10152097825483858_1275702496_n.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 318
I got the engine bay painted. It needs some touch up, but it looks good. It does have some runs, but hey... I painted it myself haha and it's not a show car.

you are doing a great job on the car. wish i was that far along on my 73 duster.also was you changing the front end of your 73 to the 70-72? if so did you use your factory 73 duster fenders or did you change them to the 70-72 ones? sorry for the dumb questions just would be better for me if i can use my 73 ones, they are in better shape. if you used the 73 fenders did you just add some tabs for the upper grill molding to bolt to? well keep up the great work and cant wait to see pics of it all put back together.

I like it ...keep pluggin away. Did you notice, I revealed the timing cover we talked about last September.

you are doing a great job on the car. wish i was that far along on my 73 duster.also was you changing the front end of your 73 to the 70-72? if so did you use your factory 73 duster fenders or did you change them to the 70-72 ones? sorry for the dumb questions just would be better for me if i can use my 73 ones, they are in better shape. if you used the 73 fenders did you just add some tabs for the upper grill molding to bolt to? well keep up the great work and cant wait to see pics of it all put back together.

Im using 69 dart grill. I kept the 73 fenders, but I am using a 71 duster hood. I haven't added any tabs, you just switch the upper radiator mount and lower grill mount and should be set.

Im using 69 dart grill. I kept the 73 fenders, but I am using a 71 duster hood. I haven't added any tabs, you just switch the upper radiator mount and lower grill mount and should be set.

That's a 69 valiant grill lol

Update for the skeletons hanging around... Ordered all new - 8 AN fuel line and fittings, filter for the fuel cell. I plan on converting over to E85, so bigger lines will be needed. I also purchased new main bolts ARP for the block just because they were only 40 dollars and it's worth it for the stroker.

I measured the main clearance and it was at .0020 + .0001 or .0002, so thats good. Next thing is to measure rods. I Was going to assemble the engine, but I didn't have my "How to rebuild a small block Mopar" so I had to order one again so that I have all the instructions and torque specs that I need. Once engine is in with transmission then it's time to wire everything up!

Installed Crankshaft today. End Play was at .0006 which is great I believe. I think it's suppose to be between .0003 and .0009 with .0010 being the most. I installed it with new ARP main "BOLTS" and next will be installing the camshaft, timing set and pistons.

I also tried to get a hold of Leann of PSC but no response. I wanted to get a quote for coating somethings to compare locally to see if its worth to ship everything or what, but we will see.

Great thread and nice color on the duster..
Curious on your original color,, was that Y3 yellow gold?

Yes it was and thanks! I was about two seconds from being another plum crazy duster, but wanted to be different and not follow what had been done.

Thanks guys! So I went to install oil pump today and got screwed over! STUPID ARP BOLTS! The bolt head was hitting the pump and so I decided to grind down the pump.....I GROUND A DAMN HOLE into it and ended up having to also grind the bolt which helped a lot. BUT now i have to get a new pump tomorrow :(. I had read that they fixed the issue with the STUDS, but I guess not with the bolts :(. I still have to grind down the pump again, but I don't have to go AS FAR down this time

The other issue is that these bolts have a washer underneath them and.... I have to bolt the pick up tube under the main bolt where the thrust bearing is, should I remove the washer and put tab under or put between tab and washer?

SO...ARP suggested I run a Main Stud in order to bolt the pickup tube down. I am waiting for KEVKO to call back with their suggestion, but I think I may end up running it not bolted down, like I did with the stock one.

Also ARP makes a special bolt for oil pump clerance: 6AR3.250-1L it's 9.99 and the washer is a dollar. It's as strong as the Main Stud.

I also tried to get a hold of Leann of PSC but no response. I wanted to get a quote for coating somethings to compare locally to see if its worth to ship everything or what, but we will see.

With all due respect, that's why people have answering machines Fst73. :-D My equipment is loud so I don't always hear the phone, and Billy talks on it more than a teenage girl so it's frequently tied up anyway.

You can always send an email to [email protected] (because after phone calls about quotes, a few pictures via email are usually what I ask for anyway so I can get an accurate read on what will need to be done). I'm sorry I missed out this time around but perhaps you will consider my shop for your future coating needs.

No issues! Just sometimes in a time crunch and need things done yesterday!

Awesome, didn't know you had a build on here!
YES!!! But, I think I am going to start a complete new one because the car is apart and getting a whole new transformation. Either here or Protouring mopar

-
Back