**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
If someone is going to get serious about gettin down on the street it is usually done at a private location, no houses, cars or anyone around. The Rambo guys weaving in and out of traffic/cars, gutter balling it and holding it down at incredible high speeds are the ones causing all the wrecks. I don't do that chit and never have. That is just plain stupid........

Light to Light blasting, I don't consider street racing. I call it having a good time! If someone really wants to get it on..... Well, we will roll out where nobody is and getrrr dunn.

I took the car out this weekend for a thrashing down to Grand in Escondido, it was not a planned trip it just happened, the parts I needed came and I got them installed around 3pm ish so I headed out. The car runs really strong and the transmission is like Holy ****. I did increase my shift point to right under 7K and on the 1-2 shift it is incredible, never felt anything like it in my life, Damn. The car slingshots forward like crazy I am in shock how the parts used in it mesh right together as an awesome package. Even the 2-3 shift is strong and hard. The car moves alot of ground quickly that is for sure. I am well pleased with the outcome so far.
Up next is the suspension and JUICE install.

Sneak Peek.......

View attachment phpc7bwkVPM.jpg

nice louis,you gonna see what it runs n/a? bet your close to 11,00s....

LOL!! The juice is gonna scare the piss outta ya!!!

Yeah I'm gunna start out with a 100 shot and creep up on it. I was also looking at a Procharger but decided for now this will do. I have heard alot of horror stories of people trying to work the bugs out of that system chasing their tails.
I did call and price it....$5600.00 and that is with no intercooler. Alot of guys spray them with meth injection instead. This motor has all the good stuff in it and is ready for whatever if I decide to do that later. Seems it would be a 1 day install to do a Procharger, tuning a whole other story.

Yeah I'm gunna start out with a 100 shot and creep up on it. I was also looking at a Procharger but decided for now this will do. I have heard alot of horror stories of people trying to work the bugs out of that system chasing their tails.
I did call and price it....$5600.00 and that is with no intercooler. Alot of guys spray them with meth injection instead. This motor has all the good stuff in it and is ready for whatever if I decide to do that later. Seems it would be a 1 day install to do a Procharger, tuning a whole other story.

I agree! A lot of the guys on www.lxforums.com are running the Prochargers and takes a great deal of tinkering to get them right even with the EFI! Hate to imagine what its like on a carb'd version.

Not a big deal to get a good tune with the procharger we did that deal many years ago street racing. Kinda funny spankin mid 9 second big block chevys on the street. Post up some time slips of this combo if you get it to the track.

Any new updates? You are doing such an awesome job on the car.

I was gone for 8 days, got home to a fuel leak on the car. Rear end moved on my last thrashing and the back brace hit the sending unit stud where the wire goes on. I pumped the fuel out and accessed the situation the shut the shop door. Ill fix it all when it cools off. Going to cut off the perches and put some on that fit the pin tight and get rid of the block when I do the caltrac set up. The blocks have twisted around and I got the u bolts tight as heck. If I have any other problems with clearance, it's getting a fuel cell.

The locater holes in the bottom of perches bigger than leaf spring bolt head? I had same probe and just bought standard grade 8 bolts and swapped them. The factory bolt has a small head on them. Just an idea. Lots easier and cheaper than cutting and welding new perches.

The locater holes in the bottom of perches bigger than leaf spring bolt head? I had same probe and just bought standard grade 8 bolts and swapped them. The factory bolt has a small head on them. Just an idea. Lots easier and cheaper than cutting and welding new perches.

Yeah I need to take it apart and see what's going on. Did your caltrac mono leafs have small head too?

MP perches?

I took a piece of pipe that had the correct ID/OD, maybe 3/8 pipe, cut a couple sections and welded them into the perches, grind smooth. Fit nice on the stock springs

MP perches?

I took a piece of pipe that had the correct ID/OD, maybe 3/8 pipe, cut a couple sections and welded them into the perches, grind smooth. Fit nice on the stock springs

Hmmmm, couple interesting ideas that are easy. Think ill weld on new perches! Lol

Gotta love old cars! ;)

I don't regret my trade at all!

Don't let this one stall like the BOOSTED Dart :p

Gotta love old cars! ;)

I don't regret my trade at all!

Don't let this one stall like the BOOSTED Dart :p

Lol. No new charger is gunna build a reputation of the scamp! I spit a couple of them out already with ease, Challengers too! SRT What? No chance. Haaaa

All the cars have their place.

i cant agree more. everyone notices my car when im out screwing around. even old ladies give me the thumb up. might have to start calling the old dart the "Couger Cruiser"

Lol. No new charger is gunna build a reputation of the scamp! I spit a couple of them out already with ease, Challengers too! SRT What? No chance. Haaaa

All the cars have their place.

LoL!!! I will have to make a trip to Cali once the Forged bottom end and twins are installed. :blob:

I know of 3 SRT Chargers that are deep into the nines. Oh, and a 8 second Jeep GC!

Bring the little Scamp to the Texas Mile! Gotta lil 6.1 that hit 201mph in a 2009 Chally.

i cant agree more. everyone notices my car when im out screwing around. even old ladies give me the thumb up. might have to start calling the old dart the "Couger Cruiser"

Pffffft!!

I have had more than my fair share of "OLD" cars! Race, Show whatever. Tired and getting too old to hassle with that crap anymore. I still have a couple of classics in the weeds!

I get just as many "Thumbs Up" with the SRT too! How many cops have pulled you over and requested a Test drive??? No Cougars around here are gonna sit in a rattletrap with no a/c :D .

Remember, sitting in a SRT Charger is like sitting in front of your favorite tv show (it has 2 screens and dvd with a 600+ watt 5.1 Dolby digital surround pumping through 13 Kicker speakers) with a big glass of ice tea laid back in your Lazyboy recliner. :cheers: I love it!

BTW, it'll hit 160mph+ without a hiccup and carve a corner like a shifter cart!

Pffffft!!

I have had more than my fair share of "OLD" cars! Race, Show whatever. Tired and getting too old to hassle with that crap anymore. I still have a couple of classics in the weeds!

I get just as many "Thumbs Up" with the SRT too! How many cops have pulled you over and requested a Test drive??? No Cougars around here are gonna sit in a rattletrap with no a/c :D .

Remember, sitting in a SRT Charger is like sitting in front of your favorite tv show (it has 2 screens and dvd with a 600+ watt 5.1 Dolby digital surround pumping through 13 Kicker speakers) with a big glass of ice tea laid back in your Lazyboy recliner. :cheers: I love it!

BTW, it'll hit 160mph+ without a hiccup and carve a corner like a shifter cart!

all of the things you mentioned is exactly why i built an old muscle car! I dont want all that ****. I want a loud, crude, rattle trap that those snooty *****'s wont get in.

Back to the scamp... Take the Quienes mas macho elsewhere.

LoL!!! I will have to make a trip to Cali once the Forged bottom end and twins are installed. :blob:

I know of 3 SRT Chargers that are deep into the nines. Oh, and a 8 second Jeep GC!

Bring the little Scamp to the Texas Mile! Gotta lil 6.1 that hit 201mph in a 2009 Chally.

Oh boy don't start with the twins stuff.... It will turn into a life time project.

Your talking about a whole differert kind of car. light to light or at a roll as far as real street cars go ill take on all that think they got big balls.. It's just a Lil Scamp!

Let me add this >> anything can be made to go fast....

-
Back