**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
How do you plan to drop the front 2-3"? The ladder bar set up is no problem to get the rear low but the front is another story. I think where mine sits right now i have about 3"between the axle tube and the frame.

How do you plan to drop the front 2-3"? The ladder bar set up is no problem to get the rear low but the front is another story. I think where mine sits right now i have about 3"between the axle tube and the frame.

My front end is pretty high right now. Gonna put it on the bump stops I guess?

My 67 is a coil over conversion. I didn't really want to do that to this car. We will see.

I spent 5 hours under the hood today. I'm probably 5/8 finished weldng off the new set up & I ran out of gas.... Going to get a new bottle tomorrow morning if they are open. I Also need some tungsten. I got plenty of rod.

Housing is all welded off except for the housing ends. 11 Hours of solid welding so far on it. I always let the housings cool off after all the welding, the TIG gets hot as F&$!! and more than likely it moved a little. I then cut the tack welds off the housing ends to make sure they go on straight then tack them back on and weld them off.

Axles finally got here along with the brakes. This morning after I got the new bottle I spent about 15 Min on the saw cutting all the parts for my TWEEK Chamber! Lol , It is ready to put together!

View attachment IMG_6740.jpg

View attachment IMG_6741.jpg

View attachment IMG_6742.jpg

Isn't there supposed to be a diagonal bar to hold the rear in place and prevent side to side movement when cornering?

Do those spacers go inside the wheel center or are they just spacers?

Isn't there supposed to be a diagonal bar to hold the rear in place and prevent side to side movement when cornering?

Do those spacers go inside the wheel center or are they just spacers?

Yes I have that bar and a Panhard bar as well. The ladder bar set up will be tucked up under the car in order for it to get low to the ground. Exhaust will run standard and dump at the axle. I will set it up and get the Panhard instead of the diagonal link to leave room for the exhaust. The Panhard bar will get set up in there when I install the ladder bar.

Guys trip when using a Panhard bar because they say it allows the rear end to move side to side when the suspension goes up and down on travel. WELL, I swung an arch on the ground at full suspension travel and if the Panhard bar is set up level at ride height it will only move maybe 3/16" or so. That is nothing.

There are 2 size spacers that come with that stud kit. You use which ever one works with your wheel thickness. They go outside of the wheel like a washer.

Started at 6:15am Housing was completely all welded off as of 7am. After it cools all the way off I will remove the rod and pucks then mock up the chunk, axles and brakes to make sure it is all correct.

I started to put the TWEEK Chamber together. This one is 3" inlet/outlet with a 3.5" x 12" Chamber. I quit at 7:50am to go to my real job! Lol

View attachment IMG_6752.jpg

View attachment IMG_6750.jpg

View attachment IMG_6751.jpg

you do AMAZING WORK !! ... and are extremely gifted !!
and you take the time to explain and show things to the people like me that are on a lower level ..

thanks

-
Back