**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Very nice progress.
Would you mind commenting on your choice of ladder bars vs other options like Cal tracs?

I just took a complete Caltrac set up off the car with mono leafs etc. The complete set up is for sale in the parts section.

My buddy Pete would say once a ladder bar is set and tuned you most likely will not have to touch them and they work just about everywhere without any re tuning on them.

I just took a complete Caltrac set up off the car with mono leafs etc. The complete set up is for sale in the parts section.

My buddy Pete would say once a ladder bar is set and tuned you most likely will not have to touch them and they work just about everywhere without any re tuning on them.

That thing should hook in a snow storm now lol

Wheelie bars maybe??

So, they work, and keep working. I'm kinda curious about what the differences are. I'm sure a google search will pull up some info.

Finally got the fuel lines all tightened up and secured. The rear brake line is landed at the outlet of the Line Loc as well. I did order some heat shield that will go over the fuel lines that cross any path of the exhaust.

I have a brand new distribution block for the brake system that has a built in proportion valve but I don't really want to re plum the whole front of the car. I ended up buying a Wilwood proportion valve that goes between the factory distribution block and the rear brakes. In my case it will go between the distribution block and the Line Loc Solenoid.

The trunk is all stripped down. I will make sure all holes in the trunk are sealed/welded up before I spray any primer. I am trying to keep all tire smoke from entering the car from underneath. I always wondered why all of these cars end up with a Cheech and Chong show inside the drivers cabin........ Nothing is sealed up is my guess.

I do have a small problem with my old wheels. Out of the blue yesterday I tried to spin the tires and they would not move. The backside of the wheel is barely and I mean barely hitting the calipers. I ordered some 1/4" wheel spacers so I can still use the set up I have for the street. When I order the new wheels for use with the Slicks, I will incorporate that measurement into the offset so nothing hits at all. The tires will need to be re balanced as well....... The weights are too far in and in the running line of the caliper with no clearance. So I gotta get them done as well. The little things that drive you crazy.

Also forgot to mention that I ordered Safety wire pliers so I can tie the Allen bolts to keep the rotor and hat from separating. I already have the wire. This will get done when the wheel spacers get here.

Also forgot to mention that I ordered Safety wire pliers so I can tie the Allen bolts to keep the rotor and hat from separating. I already have the wire. This will get done when the wheel spacers get here.

this is a must. when i first did my car i torqued the bolts for the rotor hat and called it good. less then 500 miles of driving and the bolts worked loose and the rotor was flopping around. ruined my rotor hat and cost me nearly $250 just to fix the one side.

this is a must. when i first did my car i torqued the bolts for the rotor hat and called it good. less then 500 miles of driving and the bolts worked loose and the rotor was flopping around. ruined my rotor hat and cost me nearly $250 just to fix the one side.

Yes for sure. That stuff gets super hot then cools off. The allen bolts will start to walk themselves out separating the rotor and hat causing damage.

Got the trunk and tubes all primed today. I ended up painting the whole trunk floor and wheel tubs satinish black.... It is in the drying process. The paint I got mixed to match the trunk was off on the color by a mile...... Oh well it gets a mat over it anyway so Black was back on the menu.

So tomorrow at some point I will mask off all of the black and paint the cage tubes the same color as the rest of the cage. Amber Sherwood............ After that I can start cutting in the mat and install everything for good back in the trunk.

View attachment IMG_7182.jpg

View attachment IMG_7183.jpg

Checked on the paint drying process. With this damp weather it may take a few days before I can mask anything back off to paint the tubes. I have plenty of other stuff to do while it dries if that is the case. I may put a heat lamp on it in the morning to help it along.

On another note the wheel spacers are here. 1/4 " space out should be plenty. I did get a pack of 4 to stack them just incase.

The wire pliers and Wilwood proportion valve has shown up as well.

I got the wheel spacers on & wire tied the hats to the rotors along with the caliper bolts as well since they had wire holes in them. Wheels clear everything now and I will not need to get the street tires re balanced. The weights clear.

Rear brakes are all plumbed with the proportion valve and Line Loc.

I lowered the rear of the car another 3/4 " and dropped the torsion bars to match. It looks good like that so I will try it and see how it does. The rear can go down another 2" Easily without worrying about rubbing anything.

The trunk paint is still drying so I did nothing with it.

Items left.....

1) Install upper control arms
2) Install New rotors, Wilwood Calipers, pads & Brake drop lines in front
3) Mask and paint bars in trunk
4) Cut in trunk mat and install battery, fuel cell and NOS bottle.... Trunk will be done
5) Install MSD RPM Switch for second fuel pump
6) Rear Firewall
7) Re Install Interior.
8) Test and Tune

View attachment IMG_7185.jpg

View attachment IMG_7187.jpg

Jeez, isn't it about time that THIS isn't the fastest thing in your garage????

:D:D:D:D:D

Nice work as always!!!!

Jeez, isn't it about time that THIS isn't the fastest thing in your garage????

:D:D:D:D:D

Nice work as always!!!!

Lol, Yeah that POS is on its last leg! I really need to buy a new one. It is just about 3 wheeling now. In your pic you can see one of the wheels about to fall off! haaaaa

Looks bad *** from the rear.

Thanks Mark! I am hoping to get it back on the prowl in 2 weeks or so.

=dart6; beautiful

Appreciate it! Lots of work but it is almost done.

Crackedback; Nice work as always!!!!

Thanks Rob! That really means something coming from a picky sumbitch like you! haaaaa

They hit a little too hard sometimes, but you'll need it on the street :burnout:

Car looks awesome, can't wait to see it run.

-
Back