74 dartsport build

-

Attachments

• image-1258002115.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 243
Slow update, I got the harness done. I cheated and had someone do it. Time is a factor now and I know that if theres no chance at all of setting the car on fire trying to wire it, I'd somehow accomplish it.

I picked up a 8 3/4 rear end with a limited slip and 3:55 gears for 600$. New seals and only downfall is they are 4 lug and drums. Need to get adapters for now to get it on the road. Think 215/70/14's will fit with 4 to 5 lug adapters on the rear? I need the tires rotatable.

That and the only other prob is my long tube headers are binding on my steering linkage. I don't like the idea and heating them and banging them up with a hammer.

Looking good. Keep going and don't get discouraged.
Try to think of it as a bunch of little projects instead of one big one.
I like your antenna idea. I was saying to myself water is gonna lay on that hole, then I scrolled down to see you have it covered. :thumrigh:

Yeah just thinking about this car is exhausting.

Typo, I'm having issues wih the 5lug sbp to Bbp conversion. Looks like I'm drilling my axles as soon as I find a shop with a machine big enough for it.

Yeah my buddy who does body work coached me on that antenna job. Old custom shop dude real cool. Talked me into shaved doors. But I'm on the fence with it, thinking about going back to door handles just so there's less crap to go wrong. Lol the driver door is already shaved and bondoed, but the passenger is just tacked in. Idk how to do it myself and I don't have to money to finish it or pay for the door shave kit after I finish other more important stuff.

I will be for sure be coming up short on the budget I put aside to rush the car to the road, especially after ordering hotchkis sways, upper arms, and leafs so I don't die driving it.

I still wanna get a manual valve body causes I don't wanna deal with putting in the kick down and whatever else. Plus I want control of the tranny but first I need to resize the driveline. Agh. Priorities before fun.

We'll see what the next few weeks intangles..

New hotchkis leafs came in today.

The front sway is back ordered but at least it gives me a reason to go down and wrench on the car for now. The front sway should be in on October's first week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 83
Welp, it’s not dead. Still have the car. Got it started and running. Having issues with the B&M shifter cable. Hopefully it’s just that and not the 904. also the front sway is in, I have a video of a quick dirt brodie. A little too feathery on the throttle. Was my first rip.. currently in a legal battle for family estate stuff. Zero money to continue. as always.

Way to see it through. Is it a full blown driver at this point?

Way to see it through. Is it a full blown driver at this point?
No sadly not quite. It needs the gas tank properly done up doors fixed. and whatever the hell is wrong with the tranny dealt. I hope it’s just linkage. cause I’ve got a full manual reverse pattern valve body in this one worked with a ratcheting shifter.

Pictures don't seem to be working

hmm, i see nothing but a square frown face
upload_2020-9-28_16-15-52.png

-
Back