-
Status
Not open for further replies.

paintman69

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi. I am in dire need of both left and right upper control arms for a 1974 Duster. Has the smaller ball joint hole. Can come with or without ball joints installed. Cant afford the newer tubular ones, so Im checking here first

What do you mean by the smaller ball joint hole?

All 73 - 76 A body cars are large ball joint.

I'm in the process of getting a pair of 73-76 A body UCA's for sale.
Waiting on a fresh pail of Evaporust to arrive, to remove all the surface rust from the metal, then i take my pictures.

Your in Canada though, and thats the deal breaker, a lot of the times for USPS Priority Mail International.

Hmmm, my buddy let me use his ball joint socket, but it was too big for mine. Mine measer about 1 7/8" square socket. I assume the ball joints are screwed in place, hence the need for new control arms.... apparantly the guy I took the arms to removed the ball joints by pressed them out. Had a couple people tell me that the threads are now wrecked so I need to get new arms. I paint cars for a living, so yes, Im an idiot in this area duhhh lol. Any help would be appreciated.

What do you mean by the smaller ball joint hole?

All 73 - 76 A body cars are large ball joint.

The small bolt pattern and samll ball joint drum brakes didn't totally disappear when disc brakes were offered. He didn't say if he had drum brakes.

The small bolt pattern and samll ball joint drum brakes didn't totally disappear when disc brakes were offered. He didn't say if he had drum brakes.
The ball joints were all the same size from '73-6 regardless of brake type.

Thats wrong!!!!!! Drum bakes get the small bolt pattern and small upper ball joint.

I am amazed to the miss information that there is out there in regards to the ball joint, upper control arm on these A body cars.

Yes, drum brake 73-76 A body cars did keep the small 4 inch bolt pattern until the end in 1976.

But the upper control arms on the 73-76 cars are all the same wether it was a drum brake, or disc brake car.

There is no difference between them. They are all the same. The car doesn't care wether it has drum or disc brakes on it.

Now, there probably were some early build 1973 Drum brake cars that came off the assembly line with leftover 1972 parts, that were small ball joint.
But what are the odds in 2011 that you are still going to run across one of those cars.

So if you ever come across a 73-76 drum brake A body, take off the UCA's and compare them. You will find them to be the same.
You are passing over lots of good parts for the A, B, F, body disc brake changeover.

It's not my intention to get into a pissing contest, or internet fight here, about this, that has been beat to death numerous times here, and other web sites.
You can believe what you want to belive. It's like talking to somebody about sex, religion, politics, abortion, guns, on the internet, or in person.

I am amazed to the miss information that there is out there in regards to the ball joint, upper control arm on these A body cars.

Yes, drum brake 73-76 A body cars did keep the small 4 inch bolt pattern until the end in 1976.

But the upper control arms on the 73-76 cars are all the same wether it was a drum brake, or disc brake car.

There is no difference between them. They are all the same. The car doesn't care wether it has drum or disc brakes on it.

Now, there probably were some early build 1973 Drum brake cars that came off the assembly line with leftover 1972 parts, that were small ball joint.
But what are the odds in 2011 that you are still going to run across one of those cars.

So if you ever come across a 73-76 drum brake A body, take off the UCA's and compare them. You will find them to be the same.
You are passing over lots of good parts for the A, B, F, body disc brake changeover.

It's not my intention to get into a pissing contest, or internet fight here, about this, that has been beat to death numerous times here, and other web sites.
You can believe what you want to belive. It's like talking to somebody about sex, religion, politics, abortion, guns, on the internet, or in person.
Ok, well yah do learn something new , i figured they were depleting their inventory sotra like making a Scamp for 6 years.

Thats wrong!!!!!! Drum bakes get the small bolt pattern and small upper ball joint.
All it takes is to look in any factory parts manual or suspension catalog to find out the truth. I parted an early '73 (9/5/72 build date) A-body with those one-year-only 9" drum brakes and they had the large ball joints too so there couldn't have been many "leftover" cars made, if any.

All it takes is to look in any factory parts manual or suspension catalog to find out the truth. I parted an early '73 (9/5/72 build date) A-body with those one-year-only 9" drum brakes and they had the large ball joints too so there couldn't have been many "leftover" cars made, if any.

Agreed 100%.
All '73 and up cars came with the same uca's regardless of brakes as far as i've seen.

Hope u guys r wright cause i just seen those on ebay 4 $189 bucks 4 two of them with bushings n ball joints (all new, but probably from china) but they claim they will not fit a-bodies with disc brakes. Do u think they r wrong? Thanks 4 the help!!!!

I guess that's up to you to decide.....Mopar people on FABO that work on these cars every day or somebody selling their Chinese parts on E-bay. Who knows? Maybe they're right.....their custom stuff won't fit disc brake cars......but they should, if they're made like the factory parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back