74 power wagon dream truck...

-
Not too shabby. The A/C and heater hose routing came out like I anticipated. Looks great. I just caint stand how a lot of folks just flop hoses all over the engine. I guess they think since the factory did it, that's how it's done. It looks so much better without the engine covered up in hoses.
Thank you.. I have that temporary zip ty around them now, but thinking up ideas on a holder/separator...
I share the same opinion on wiring... Neither my Duster or my truck have the bulkhead... That was all for ease of installation for the factory...

Had a great milestone with the electrical... Did a full electric check excluding start and ac... And while I don't have the horn, windshield washer squirter, stereo, cab or bed light wires connected I'm confident those are going to be fine with the results of everything else...
Headlights, park lights, turn signals, emergency flashers, break lights, backup lights, gauges, heater blower... CHECK!...
Also pointed my heat gun at the thermal controller in the radiator and the fan came on.. CHECK...
A nice reward for the weeks on end of meticulous time spent...

Great job and congratulations!!
I’m enjoying this build, you’re doing a great job. I love your truck!

Slow progress getting brackets painted, correct screws, and general test fitting the rear cab panels...
The truck only came with the front seat and the two rear fold down seats... None of the rear panels or there brakes... All of witch has been previously pieced together from parts trucks..
I'm not sure if I mentioned but when I picked up the main seat yesterday I dropped off the semi hard to find metal door cards to be covered in the black cloth...

More progress...
PXL_20220214_202619921.jpg
PXL_20220214_223709053.jpg
PXL_20220215_002516870.jpg

I made kick panels as there wes none factory.. Originally the factory heater box connected into the passenger kick panel, but with the aftermarket heater I was able the fab in a drivers side vent ..
I haven't put the plug in the drivers side as I still need access to put the door on...

Alright, carpet! I’m going for one of the rubber molded floor mats if they’re any good.

Alright, carpet! I’m going for one of the rubber molded floor mats if they’re any good.
I avoid that rubber mat like the plague..
That's what they had originally and that's what rusted out the floorboards from the inside.. Condensation builds up under them, if there's ever a bad door seal or any kind of leak the water gets trapped under there and can't get out...

More progress...
View attachment 1715869818 View attachment 1715869961 View attachment 1715869962
I made kick panels as there wes none factory.. Originally the factory heater box connected into the passenger kick panel, but with the aftermarket heater I was able the fab in a drivers side vent ..
I haven't put the plug in the drivers side as I still need access to put the door on...
I'm not sure......wow holy crap who am I kidding it's awesome! Like the way the white piping on seats. Breaks up the black I'm keeping all my blue on the Dart and royal blue carpet while doing black seats with blue piping.

I'm not sure......wow holy crap who am I kidding it's awesome! Like the way the white piping on seats. Breaks up the black I'm keeping all my blue on the Dart and royal blue carpet while doing black seats with blue piping.
Thank you it's a little bit of a off-white piping so it's not to shiny... Like the paint on the truck..

Yeah they're good at holding moisture in and rusting the CRAP outta your rig.
I avoid that rubber mat like the plague..
That's what they had originally and that's what rusted out the floorboards from the inside.. Condensation builds up under them, if there's ever a bad door seal or any kind of leak the water gets trapped under there and can't get out...
Alright thanks. Rubber mat is out then. No carpet for me. Maybe rhino line or linex, or some sort of truck bed liner. Not sure if I should do carpet…

Alright thanks. Rubber mat is out then. No carpet for me. Maybe rhino line or linex, or some sort of truck bed liner. Not sure if I should do carpet…
I've done a few of these trucks now and every one of them has a standard interior carpet... Usually mud and dirt dries and vacuums out. A really good set of floor mats is always nice...

J Par, that thing is looking awsome, keep at it! I bought a 79 short bed for my wife, so I love to see what you're doing with yours.

Wiring finished...
Everything works...
Tomorrow I'll connect the horn and windshield washer bottle, but both wires have been tested good... Just waiting connection..
Interior very close.. need to start door stuff..
PXL_20220217_002057243.jpg
PXL_20220217_002028958.jpg

I'll order the cables for the twin sticks today... I'll try and finish the under hood stuff that can be done... Hook up and install horns, hook up and install windshield washer bottle, upper and lower radiator hose, and just sort the heater and AC hoses... Probably work on getting the passenger door complete after that... I need to put in the door seal the threshold and all the guts of the door. Hopefully by the time that's all done those cables will arrive and once they're in I can start putting the exhaust system together. I believe once that's together I should be able to push it outside and break in the engine fill the transmission and power steering... At that point I should be able to turn the truck around so I can work on the driver side fender and door which will allow me to put the hood the grill the front bumper and all that stuff together.... Then I'll be off to the final three... Getting all the windows in, getting the bed painted, and new rims and tires... After the alignment shop after that and bingo bingo bongo I have a new truck... Or at that point I'll be fixing anything I didn't get right in the drivetrain LOL...

I'll order the cables for the twin sticks today... I'll try and finish the under hood stuff that can be done... Hook up and install horns, hook up and install windshield washer bottle, upper and lower radiator hose, and just sort the heater and AC hoses... Probably work on getting the passenger door complete after that... I need to put in the door seal the threshold and all the guts of the door. Hopefully by the time that's all done those cables will arrive and once they're in I can start putting the exhaust system together. I believe once that's together I should be able to push it outside and break in the engine fill the transmission and power steering... At that point I should be able to turn the truck around so I can work on the driver side fender and door which will allow me to put the hood the grill the front bumper and all that stuff together.... Then I'll be off to the final three... Getting all the windows in, getting the bed painted, and new rims and tires... After the alignment shop after that and bingo bingo bongo I have a new truck... Or at that point I'll be fixing anything I didn't get right in the drivetrain LOL...
Looking good. :thumbsup:
I think you're on pace for one of the fastest truck restorations.
Every step has been very well done.
The truck is better than new, way better.

I better get my but in gear, you are going to lap me here! Great progress!
Taking the family snowmobiling for the week next week then back on the truck project!

Cley
https://youtube.com/shorts/9pUIQ3rEHS8?feature=share
We were supposed to leave tomorrow morning to Eastern Oregon for an annual snowmobile poker run that we generally attend each year but the snow conditions are crappy at best . I don't want to drag my snowmobiles 5 1/2 hours away and rent a hotel to not be able to ride them. I think we're just going to wait till next week it's supposed to snow over the weekend and get some fresh place now locally...
It looks like your projects coming along I was hoping for an update...

Looking good. :thumbsup:
I think you're on pace for one of the fastest truck restorations.
Every step has been very well done.
The truck is better than new, way better.
2 days ago was the one year anniversary of taking that picture in post number one. When I went up to look at it...

-
Back