750 Edelbrock carb

-
I just removed a great working 670 Holley from my 318, and installed a 750 holley that's working flawlessly. I said that to say your carb is not too big. I have basically a stock 318 with a mild summit cam and home ported heads. Not a flutter or flaw, even mashing it out of the hole with 2.76 gears and stock converter.
My timing is 20* initial and 40 full advance. It's where it runs the best.

I will say I'm more of a Holley fan, but i started with a 600 eddy and couldn't get the flutter out on off idle mash. I tried springs, squirters, and adjusting the accelerator pump. sold it and pieced together the 670.

How do you limit the mechanical advance,

Look at 4secondsflat.com He sells an adjustable distributor advance limiter plate that works pretty well.

See if you can download the carb manual from Edelbrock and study it. There are charts for tuning the carb. Your carb can be made to work on your 360.
You didn't say if you have the AVS or AFB style. The secondary opening rate is easier to adjust on the AVS.

Just a little real time FYI not that your carb doesnt have issues but, I put a 750 on my 360. Did all the setup, jet up, jet down, changed this and that, blah blah. The 600 is back on and Im a happy camper.

Wanted to run this by you guys, tried changing the throttle shot to the top hole more gas no change went to the lean hole no change.
The weather here changed it got really warm today in the low 80’s took the car out for a spin after it got up to 190 I punched it on the freeway and it worked it hit the passing gear didn’t stumble or sputter, the water temp usually never gets over 180, why when it’s hotter out and the water temp got to 190 would it run better.
Should I put a hotter thermostat in the car

Wanted to run this by you guys, tried changing the throttle shot to the top hole more gas no change went to the lean hole no change.
The weather here changed it got really warm today in the low 80’s took the car out for a spin after it got up to 190 I punched it on the freeway and it worked it hit the passing gear didn’t stumble or sputter, the water temp usually never gets over 180, why when it’s hotter out and the water temp got to 190 would it run better.
Half dozen things... Bad gas ran through, punching it on to the freeway unblocked the carb/filter...

• freeway speeds is not off idle. Off idle is where a lot of times the bog occurs.
  • hotter temps require leaner condition. Lack of fuel will cause a bog. raising temp to get rid of bog is not ideal. No reason to have a bog with at 180 degree temps.

-
Back