.903 Solid Lifters?

-
And regardless of what measurements show, the printed Chrysler spec for lifter bore is .904.

Where are you finding that spec?

The FSMs I have show the bore diameter spec as .9050 - .9058 and a tappet diameter of .9040 - .9045. Maybe this is a misprint.

upload_2021-8-13_7-4-34.png

upload_2021-8-13_7-11-35.png

lol, watch him dig in deeper. the FSM is wrong...haha.

Now why would I say that? If that's the spec in the FSM, then so be it. Now, go back and read post #23. Then cram it up your ***. Sideways.

Yeah maybe I got the sizes wrong, but once again, everybody missin my point, just to point out my mistake. My POINT was that the lifter and lifter bore cannot be the same size. Yet, nobody has given a **** enough to agree with that.

Where are you finding that spec?

The FSMs I have show the bore diameter spec as .9050 - .9058 and a tappet diameter of .9040 - .9045. Maybe this is a misprint.

View attachment 1715780498

View attachment 1715780500

Without the book in front of me I can’t be sure, but I recall that being the maximum serviceable size. Some of the blocks came with oversize lifter bores and that’s what they made the big lifters for. Just like a piston, the bore size is nominal and the lifter is under to get the correct clearance. A .904 lifter should really measure .903 and the bore should be .904 is everything is as it should be.

Without the book in front of me I can’t be sure, but I recall that being the maximum serviceable size. Some of the blocks came with oversize lifter bores and that’s what they made the big lifters for. Just like a piston, the bore size is nominal and the lifter is under to get the correct clearance. A .904 lifter should really measure .903 and the bore should be .904 is everything is as it should be.

Right! Just like there were under sized cranks and over bores from the factory. Yet fuckin people would rather fight about something somebody wasn't even makin a point about. I tell you what. I'm ready to fuckin fight today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now why would I say that? If that's the spec in the FSM, then so be it. Now, go back and read post #23. Then cram it up your ***. Sideways.

ha.

what about post 13.
dude, it's ok to be wrong sometimes. no biggie.

The confusion comes in because .904 is Chrysler's lifter BORE diameter in the BLOCK, while .903 is the actual lifter diameter itself. Some vendors incorrectly list the lifter diameter as .904 and that's incorrect. Chrysler's lifter diameter in these engines is .903 and always has been.

Yeah, but as you can see you can tell some people nothing.

Right! Just like there were under sized cranks and over bores from the factory. Yet fuckin people would rather fight about something somebody wasn't even makin a point about. I tell you what. I'm ready to fuckin fight today.
did you write a song about it cuz we want to here it LOL

-
Back