A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Got the passenger side door removed. More sanding, priming.

39228096291_384ff5e04f_b.jpg
IMG_4750 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Green's a flyin'! First two pics in base coat (I did 3 coats of base). Next pic first coat of clear. Watching the clock to spray the next 2 coats of clear. About 30 min in-between coats

39216873762_2c7e0f4d73_b.jpg
IMG_4752 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

39245197411_c9c9e470f6_b.jpg
IMG_4753 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

39245196181_d30465e271_b.jpg
IMG_4754 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Last edited:
^ If Santa leaves a Devilbiss Tekna Pro-Lite under your tree...You are going to be one happy man!!! This gun is a rock star!

15 more min til' I can spray the final 3rd coat of clear.

Looks good but, with the black out hood treatment, shouldn't the under side of the hood be black? :poke:

Looks good but, with the black out hood treatment, shouldn't the under side of the hood be black? :poke:
Jaws you’re right! Alex, better sand the inside of that hood to bare metal and start over....:poke:

^ If Santa leaves a Devilbiss Tekna Pro-Lite under your tree...You are going to be one happy man!!! This gun is a rock star!

15 more min til' I can spray the final 3rd coat of clear.

Details man, details! LOL . 1.3 or 1.4 for the clear? Which cap? I'm guessing 1.3 with then TE20. :)

Sorry about my not so friendly response. My buttons got pushed after spending so much time doing things.

Last edited:
I got my Tekna Pro Lite a few days ago, and can't wait to use it. Gotta get my new compressor hooked up first. I'm quite sure you're worn out from all the work and stress of today, and I hope it turned out great for you.

No worries guys...I kinda snapped yesterday, my apologies.

JD, I'll have to look at the tip to be sure, but I think it is a TE20 1.3

These two pics are after the 3rd coat of clear. I am using Dupont DB1 base coat and AllKandy Wet Wet Plus clear.

39242988882_9f01d3e239_b.jpg
IMG_4755 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

39271930681_82135d4fa5_b.jpg
IMG_4756 by Alexl5280, on Flickr

Last edited:
All of Alex's hard work and commitment to perfection is coming together. Its his choice and his choice alone. We all have ways we would have done things but in the end its his car and he will do it the ways that best fits him. I have admired his build since day one and have exchanged comments with him a few times. Keeps up the outstanding work soon it will be the dream car that you have always wanted. I did mine the way I wanted it and it turned out what I was looking for as well. Stay well and healthy this coming new year and keep us all posted.

IMAG0831.jpg

All of Alex's hard work and commitment to perfection is coming together. Its his choice and his choice alone. We all have ways we would have done things but in the end its his car and he will do it the ways that best fits him. I have admired his build since day one and have exchanged comments with him a few times. Keeps up the outstanding work soon it will be the dream car that you have always wanted. I did mine the way I wanted it and it turned out what I was looking for as well. Stay well and healthy this coming new year and keep us all posted.

View attachment 1715124067
The jabs some of us took at Alex were a tongue in cheek tip of the cap to his excellence and commitment to the car.

...and I totally understand as well! I can take a joke and am able to laugh at myself...I just snapped for a sec. I appreciate all of you guys and all the nice things you all have said. oh..its Christmas today... Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

We all have our moments.....around here we simply would wait until you entered the bathroom, give you a moment to get started ( important detail) then slip a lit bottle rocket with the stick removed (for safety reasons) under the door.

Seems to work well....and that way, we all get to laugh!

Merry Christmas back at you guys....and Mopar to ya'
Denny

-
Back