A-Bodies...Big Motors / New Hemi Duster - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
A little more progress........Modified TTi's welded & coated.......

2013-04-10_15-56-26_144_zps4fd94d6f.jpg

2013-04-10_15-56-37_570_zpse7378847.jpg

2013-04-10_15-56-46_204_zps90457ee5.jpg

Mmmmm big block with a 4 speed

lets see...for the *club parking* at Columbus this year we have

1)me / silver HemiDuster and Mule
2)jim / HemiDemon
3)Mark / Hemi Baracuda
4) Weeb/ 440 Duster
5) Dan / 383 Duster
6) Dave / 340 6-pak Swinger
7) Hank/ 340 Demon
8) John/ Slammed Scamp
9) Badlilred79/ Red Duster

anyone else want to join us?....we have room for appx total of 20-25 cars

reserved parking.....championship barbecuing and all the BS you can stand

Room for plenty more...don't be shy

Room for plenty more...don't be shy

According to Tom (my paint/body guy) the Original "Slammer" Duster or should we call it Stage 1, should be painted my the end of the month or there abouts.....So it may be able to make a appearance if we all push it under the Circus Tent.

According to Tom (my paint/body guy) the Original "Slammer" Duster or should we call it Stage 1, should be painted my the end of the month or there abouts.....So it may be able to make a appearance if we all push it under the Circus Tent.

Looking forward to it Ross. Wow having both next to each other would be cool as all get out.

Hemidenny just want to verify you are talking about Mopar nationals? If so I think I'll join in considering I live 15 mins away. And possible BBQ at my place one night. I live at Buckeye lake and should have enough Parkin for the Mopars

Hemidenny just want to verify you are talking about Mopar nationals? If so I think I'll join in considering I live 15 mins away. And possible BBQ at my place one night. I live at Buckeye lake and should have enough Parkin for the Mopars

Yes...Mopar Nats....love to have you and your Mopar

lake you say?????...sounds like you been holdin' out on us

Hahaha well recently moved but in process of building my a garage which it and my car will be done by Mopar nats so I might as well have a little BBQ.

No promises but there may be some boat cruising and swimming involved... Which in the middle of August might be nice

Is there any special cost for your sections or just regular show tickets for me and my car?

I'm asking for $40 total per car for the three days just to help defray the tent cost and refreshments....other than that, just reg admission

lets see...for the *club parking* at Columbus this year we have

1)me / silver HemiDuster and Mule
2)jim / HemiDemon
3)Mark / Hemi Baracuda
4) Weeb/ 440 Duster
5) Dan / 383 Duster
6) Dave / 340 6-pak Swinger
7) John / slammed Swinger

anyone else want to join us?....we have room for appx total of 20-25 cars

reserved parking.....championship barbecuing and all the BS you can stand

I would love to hear more about this 'club parking' lol.. the buggy is definitley going back to the Nats this year.. if nothing else I'd like to come at least hang with you all a little bit..

I would love to hear more about this 'club parking' lol.. the buggy is definitley going back to the Nats this year.. if nothing else I'd like to come at least hang with you all a little bit..

Were you able to get a new windshield?
Jim

Were you able to get a new windshield?
Jim

Honestly I havent tried yet.. I hear the windshield is available, Just got the car out Tuesday for its first run of the season.. I seem to have several projects to tackle.. Super stock springs need to go in (I have those), windshield needs replaced (hope to get that in before the Nats) and I need to have the back window sealed up.. (leaks like a siv... so I try to keep her out of the rain)...

D showcase

for more than 10 years now, we have been parking on the judged side because on the larger fun field side, it was difficult to park together and so tight on space that if you started erecting a small easy-up ...you would get sneered at for taking the space. The show side allowed us to more easily park alongside one another and set up our easy-ups like a makeshift camp. Unfortunately, the show side is located on the spectator side of the facility and not in the mainstream of things.

So this year. We decided to sponsored a (the minimum) 40' x 40' pole tent and asked for room surrounding the tent for up to 25 cars (reserved parking)and our FABO friends to join us. With one nice size tent to gather and place a couple of cars under...we can leave our PIA easy-ups at home.

I hope we can get at least 20-25 FABO members all in one spot on the bigger fun field side. We are about half way there now

D showcase

for more than 10 years now, we have been parking on the judged side because on the larger fun field side, it was difficult to park together and so tight on space that if you started erecting a small easy-up ...you would get sneered at for taking the space. The show side allowed us to more easily park alongside one another and set up our easy-ups like a makeshift camp. Unfortunately, the show side is located on the spectator side of the facility and not in the mainstream of things.

So this year. We decided to sponsored a (the minimum) 40' x 40' pole tent and asked for room surrounding the tent for up to 25 cars (reserved parking)and our FABO friends to join us. With one nice size tent to gather and place a couple of cars under...we can leave our PIA easy-ups at home.

I hope we can get at least 20-25 FABO members all in one spot on the bigger fun field side. We are about half way there now

That sounds cool... the group I go with every year, we park along the fence for the staging lanes.. been parking there every year since I started going (we have to be up at the crack of dawn and get there as early as possible to get those spots.. but thats where my friends like to park) I like it cause its in the center of the action (however a giant pain in the rear if we wait too late in the day to head back to the hotel, as the whole area becomes gridlock lol) .. I definitly want to stop and visit with you guys... is this spot you have this year on the spectator side then?

That sounds cool... the group I go with every year, we park along the fence for the staging lanes.. been parking there every year since I started going (we have to be up at the crack of dawn and get there as early as possible to get those spots.. but thats where my friends like to park) I like it cause its in the center of the action (however a giant pain in the rear if we wait too late in the day to head back to the hotel, as the whole area becomes gridlock lol) .. I definitly want to stop and visit with you guys... is this spot you have this year on the spectator side then?

no....NOT on the spectator side as in the past, the FABO club area is just down from where you and your friends always park..... our FABO tent will be a stone throw south of you, towards the highway...next/north of the Viper guys.

Stopped by the shop on the way home from work today (Saturday).

Dan was up from Columbus; he and Denny had the motor/trans ready
for install and the rear end was in position. The ignition box in in place.

For not being anywhere near a rotissorie, this baby's clean!

If I can make a comment/critisism; My chair didn't have a comfy towel.

Dans383build131_zps80206d50.jpg
Dans383build132_zps46c929d8.jpg

Dans383build137_zps472de67f.jpg

Dans383build139_zpse07cc538.jpg

Dans383build133_zpscba34850.jpg

Dans383build135_zps9d856ab2.jpg

Dans383build130_zpsffd11b94.jpg

Dans383build119_zps0198a3d1.jpg

I would imagine that there is a priorty list when it comes to comfy towels.

It looks like that motor has some comfy towels of it's own!

It's too bad that Scruff's can't come to the Nat's because he's probably
spent more time under A-bodies than most of us here.

Trouble is, shortly after Denny rescued him, he found out that he was totally
100% deaf (no wonder he gets along so well with Denny).

If he ever wandered away at a car show, we wouldn't find him until he inspected
every undercarriage (and every picnic basket).

Still....If you ever get in "his spot".......He will let you know.

-
Back