A-bodies.......Big motors

-
Now, back in the body shop.......it's been 3 weeks of sand, then primer,
sand, then primer, sand, then primer.......................... :|

P1010027.jpg

HemiDenny said:
Here's a couple of "before dipping" shots.........the tunnel modification behind
the shifter hump is for the Gear-Vendor's overdrive.......

9.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

Can anybody guess where those nicely rounded inner wheel tubs came from?
welcome aboard there hemi denny. i was wondering if you had ever done a gear vendors unit with a automatic in the floor? is this possible with the console? very very nice cars....

HemiMark said:
That is a great question......... Let me try to answer. I bought the 68 hard top (not post) for 1500.00 and drove it all last summer. I considered just driving it and leave it alone....but...I cant help myself! I though about a 68 SS/AA clone but I have something else in mind! I see that Hemi in my Duster every morning ( I open the hood after each drive so the Hemi is the first thing I see when i head of to work in the morning! I'm sick , I know) and I wonder.....how cool would it be to have 600hp, automatic, a/c 1968 Dart with grandpa hubcaps, no hood scoop, no tubs, no stripes...I'm getting a wood! :evil2:
this put a devil like grin on my face :evil2: i love sleepers to, dang that sounds like fun, a completly stock looking dart with ac haha ripping up the streets :thumblef: nice pics btw

7demon2 said:
welcome aboard there hemi denny. i was wondering if you had ever done a gear vendors unit with a automatic in the floor? is this possible with the console? very very nice cars....
No, I have not but I don't see any problem. The tunnel modification
(enlargement) is very minor as you can tell by the photos.

Denny,that is going to be one cool ride. What color is it going to be?
If you are looking for votes, How about sassy grass green. But i'm very
particular to that color. good luck with it , Green Duster

briankaplan said:
Denny,that is going to be one cool ride. What color is it going to be?
If you are looking for votes, How about sassy grass green. But i'm very
particular to that color. good luck with it , Green Duster
This one is going to be a breakaway from the green...........It's going to
be silver.......a deep, rich silver (not dark though). The interior is bright
red from carpet to headliner. I sat down with Legendary Interiors last
year at the Mopar Nats and ordered everything and it is here.

HemiDenny welcome to the site! You'll fit right in here, and it looks like you'll be able to offer some very cool tech advice to boot! :)

Ok since some of us here obviously have plenty of money to burn and a hell of alot more fabrication skill and patients then others heres an idea I wanted ot throw out there. An "SRT-8" A body, maybe a Dart or Duster or something. Stick the new 6.1 hemi in there with a few bolt ons, maybe some cam and head work to get the hp up past the 500 mark while still being more or less as drivable as the stock motor. Either a 5 or 6 speed tranny from Kiesler or a T-56. Full coil over conversion, subframe connectors,rollcage.. some nice big drilled and slotted 4 wheel disks. Get some SRT-8 seats out of a wrecked 300C or Charger. Full sound system,custom gauge clusters, extra sound deadening... Just think of the possiblities..

sic71dart said:
Here's an idea I wanted ot throw out there. An "SRT-8" A body. Stick the new 6.1 hemi in there with a few bolt ons, maybe some cam and head work to get the hp up past the 500 mark while still being more or less as drivable as the stock motor. Either a 5 or 6 speed tranny from Kiesler or a T-56. Full coil over conversion, subframe connectors,rollcage.. some nice big drilled and slotted 4 wheel disks.
I've thought about this some lately and the car would be an awesome driver.........
but.......for my #1 hot rod I still like the visual impact of the 426 style motor............

Sweet ride HemiDenny!

Your topic intro "A bodies---Big motors" caught my eye. I am also an "A" bod Hemi guy. They are great fun. I think there should have been a "Hemi" option in all the "A" bodied cars. When done right, they look great and really run strong....

1stdone2.jpg

69ply22394-B.jpg

69ply22394-C.jpg

HOLT8.jpg

i remember seeing that article... does that car still have drum brakes??? i remember a car like that and wondering why with all the money in it that they didn't convert to disc...

abodyjoe said:
i remember seeing that article... does that car still have drum brakes??? i remember a car like that and wondering why with all the money in it that they didn't convert to disc...
Yes, that car had small drums to clear some custom spindles/steering arms but I believe that the current owner is converting to discs.

Amazingly enough it stopped really well and I never had any problems with the setup.

The one I'm building now has discs and HemiMarks orange one has 4-wheel discs.

Oldschool said:
When done right, they look great and really run strong....
And Oldschool, Yours is done really right!.........Beautiful car!.......
worthy.gif
worthy.gif
worthy.gif

Hey man. Looking preettttttty cool there. Late comer to the thread.
I remember that write up in the Mag. (s)
Can anybody guess where those nicely rounded inner wheel tubs came from?
I think I missed the answer. Was it a wrecked ride or a donor Chevy... :cheers:
That must have been real sweet seeing yourself and your car on the covers. Tell me, how long did cloud 9 last. That must have been the best!

Where are you located?

rumblefish360 said:
I think I missed the answer. Was it a wrecked ride or a donor Chevy... :cheers:
The are from a company that makes semi truck trailer fenders

rumblefish360 said:
That must have been real sweet seeing yourself and your car on the covers.
Tell me, how long did cloud 9 last. That must have been the best!
Hey, it was definitely cool!.......That car was in 11 national magazines
(that I know about) plus The Cruisin Times and some other regional stuff.
It was featured on TV twice........once with Don Garlits..................

garlits-nats.jpg

garlits-nats2.jpg

........................Don Garlits (middle),Ted Jones (L) and yours truly (R).........................

rumblefish360 said:
Where are you located?
Findlay, OH....or Huntington, WV........depending on what day it is........:glasses7:

garlits-nats.jpg

garlits-nats2.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOO, thats a tuffy to decided who the winner is.
"I had a chat with a legand."
OR
"I had a super hottie hang on my car."
If she hung on you, you win! (wife?, hey, ya never know.)

My mech. has his car in the Garlits Musem (sp). Bobby Craven

Findlay, OH....or Huntington, WV........depending on what day it is........
LOL Ok good.

rumblefish360 said:
"I had a super hottie hang on my car."
I was there..........she wasn't that good up close................... :happy3:
rofl.gif
:happy3:

Mawaha ha ha ha ha.

Better to over comploment than insert foot in mouth. Small pictures and no glass's. I can only see blonde hair, boobs belly and boobs and legs and boobs and....
LOL

Rumble fish, Denny, Hey you know the old saying, the top of the head never looks bad, hemi head that is! :thumblef:

bigben.jpg

-
Back