A-bodies.......Big motors

-
Great thread guys and great pics. You guys are getting my psyched for my big block Duster, that i hopefully have the $ for the second week in Feb. Great info Denny, lots of nice pics and thanks for turning me onto the site. Mark you car is badass! And Duster Dave, great vids, In car camera is great! American muscle car TV show Awesome! You guys have REAL NICE CARS!!!!!!!

From the 2006 Mopar Nat's!

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/OLDMOPAR/?action=view&current=HeathOHcruise.flv

The best cruisin' was at Heath, Ohio on Saturday night............

As usual, the big motor A-body talk was a flyin' around.........
gathering.gif

Check out this cool abstract photo that Duster Dave took through his windshield (one-handed!) after leaving National Trail Raceway one evening at the Mopar Nat's last year. Kind of looks like a painting.

nats067.jpg

nats067.jpg

My good friend George's just completed 512" INDY motored tube-framed Dart

.........Hopefully we can get George to visit the racing forum..............
:notworth:

Car014.jpg

Car039.jpg

dad2002.jpg

Car045.jpg

Car022.jpg

Car024.jpg

Car025.jpg

Car002.jpg

Car014.jpg

Car039.jpg

dad2002.jpg

Car045.jpg

Car014.jpg

Car039.jpg

Car022.jpg

dad2002.jpg

Car045.jpg

Car024.jpg

Car022.jpg

Car025.jpg

Car024.jpg

Car025.jpg

Car002.jpg

Car002.jpg

HemiDenny, you must be John's brother. He's always posting up pics of your Hemi'Duster over on the Diecast Pub forum.

Great car! :)

Hi,

I am looking to install a 526 Hemi in my 1971 Plymouth Duster and were hoping you can give me some tips.

I would like to keep the blower motor in place as i have seen in a few photos.

A few question I can think of up front are:

Motor mounts or ears

Where can I get headers (if this is the best choose)

Anyother tip you may have.

I would be thankful for any help,
Kern
[email protected]

HemiDenny, you must be John's brother. He's always posting up pics of your Hemi'Duster over on the Diecast Pub forum.
...........and you would be Daveeeeey.........Ramone...........???

Hi,

I am looking to install a 526 Hemi in my 1971 Plymouth Duster

Custom K-Frame with Pinto rack, coil over shocks, Mustang II
2" drop spindles and TTi B-E Body headers.......the only way I'll do one now.

My new house "on-the-mountain" in Huntington, WV should be done in
6 months or less. Then I can make you guys some K-Frames.

E-mail me at [email protected]

I plan to install a 526 Hemi in my 1971 Plymouth Duster during the winter months and was hoping/wonder you will email me a phone number where I can call and ask you a few questions.

Thanks,
Kern
[email protected]

I plan to install a 526 Hemi in my 1971 Plymouth Duster during the winter months and was hoping/wonder you will email me a phone number where I can call and ask you a few questions.

Thanks,
Kern
[email protected]
That 526 Hemi isn't one of those "Goldberg Edition" Hemi's from Ray Barton, is it?

Hi!

I plan to install a 526 Hemi in my 1971 Plymouth Duster during the winter months and was hoping/wonder someone will email me their phone number so I can call and ask a few questions.

I would like to keep the blower motor in place as i have seen in a few photos.

A few question I can think of up front are:

Motor mounts or ears

Where can I get headers (if this is the best choose)

Any other tip you may have.

I would be thankful for any help,
Kern
[email protected]
PS,
No, Goldburg Sucks...

hey denny, welcome and you are the man. looks like we have a celeb. on our hands. ha,ha. i've always wanted to drop the elephant in my dart but had to be controled. can't seem to find anyone who'll give me one for my birthday. well i settled on a small block with the intentions of moving up. got to start somewhere. i do have a scab of a 70 swinger out back of my shop waiting on this build to finish. that one will be a street drag car. it is an original plumb crazy purple car and is solid although somewhat rough. i basically can do anything i want to it. well welcome and hope to here more from you. love to learn from the experts. good luck on your house.
big daddy don

pic's of dart build 006.jpg

pic's of dart build 005.jpg

Everybody gets nosey when you put an Elephant in an A-Body.........

CC3.jpg

CC4.jpg

CC1.jpg

CC2.jpg

Nice touch on the hemi sticker behind the duster script. SWEET!!!

I wish I had neighbors like you close by, my car could use you, Denny.

DSCN3293.jpg

cudadart7.jpg

Man, I would love to show an updated pic with a big 'ol honjkin Hemi under the hood, but then, y'all would have to wait another ten years for update pics, and Memike and Mullinax would have to put me out of my misery once and for all for making them wait so long.

Taking donations...la, la, la,la, la, la, la....

Would an early hemi, like this one, fit in an early a-body like my '65 Barracuda? It's for sale locally for $750.

1955 Dodge 270 HEMI 2 bbl (from a Coronet)

48d9_1.jpg

I guess nobody really knows eh? I think it would fit, based on what I've read about other early Hemis, but exhaust would be a problem. 270 with lots of problems, or a nice 340 or 360 with no problems. It's obvious isn't it? I just think having a Hemi in there would be so cool!

Anything fits just about anything else .... if you have the skills, time and patience

It's been a long winter. We're starting to move into the new house
and I hope that in a month or so I can start working on cars again.

-
Back