A-bodies.......Big motors

-
I guess those tires aren't the only thing that's bald!.......LOL
Denny.........I thought I would post the finished pics of Vincents 70 Duster....Not a bad driver for a 16 year old!! Hey, Any word from Mark#2 on the progress of my 68 Dart? Have any pictures of it for me?

blue-home.jpg

70-blue.jpg

70-front.jpg

70-left-ft.jpg

70-right-ft.jpg

70-left.jpg

70-slant6.jpg

70-int.jpg

Denny,
welcome to the site, and we lookm foward to your input.
I also see that you were also impacted by Don Carlton.As you can see by my avatar, so was I. That was my car in 1973.
Andrew

Denny.........I thought I would post the finished pics of Vincents 70 Duster....Not a bad driver for a 16 year old!!
Alright Vincent!

Big time seats! (tell us what/how).

How old does he have to be until he gets the bigtime motor? (I'm sure that's safe and more than adequate for now).

Haven't seen Mark.

Duster Dave is in Florida and will be home tommorow. I'll ask him.

Nice job! I love the white with the Toque-Thrusts!

Alright Vincent!

Big time seats! (tell us what/how).

How old does he have to be until he gets the bigtime motor? (I'm sure that's safe and more than adequate for now).

Haven't seen Mark.

Duster Dave is in Florida and will be home tommorow. I'll ask him.

Nice job! I love the white with the Toque-Thrusts!

Those seats are out of a Chrysler seabring convertible. I got tired of looking for late model shoulder belts to install. I got the idea for the convertible seat's from Matt Delaney's Cuda Convet at the 2007 mopar nationals. Power drivers seat (works) and endless adjustment for any size driver. (although the closer you get to the steering wheel the higher the seat gets) So no midget drivers!. 3/16" steel brackets under the rear bolts and 3/16" steel fabed bracket's that bolt to original seat brackets. Vincent will get a V8 when he produces straight A's on his report card! I do have 2 340's, 1 400 and 1 440! I'm hoping for at least all A's and 1 B !!!

Hi here is more pic
I made my ovn motormount i used rear leefspring fronteye rubber to make spool type mounts.
I use Hocker 2 1/4 super stock headers
/Kjell
demonB.jpg

Bild8039.jpg

Bild8074.jpg

Bild8079.jpg

Alright!.............now look what you guys started..........

.........Brother Duster Dave wants in on this.........He says he loves

a couple of Buds after a long hot day at the Nat's..............
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Weeb-Budgirls3.jpg

Where are you Denny? I think you should let Brother John take over this string...He is the brains of the outfit!

Jeeez.....I just made 5 eight hour round trips this month to try and get every
last thing straight and perfect. This thing is getting closer than it looks here.
Too bad I didn't take any pictures when I had it sitting on it's wheels the
other day but the suspension parts all went back for finish welding.

DENNYdUSTER2009-1020.jpg
DENNYdUSTER2009-1008.jpg

Denny
I just noticed tis thread so i gotta say Welcome aboard! I still have your Hemi Duster magazine in my stash from when i was younger...I couldnt believe my eyes...just wanted to say great job!

Jeeez.....I just made 5 eight hour round trips this month to try and get every
last thing straight and perfect. This thing is getting closer than it looks here.
Too bad I didn't take any pictures when I had it sitting on it's wheels the
other day but the suspension parts all went back for finish welding.

DENNYdUSTER2009-1020.jpg
DENNYdUSTER2009-1008.jpg

There you are my Brother! Now speaking of making trips It would be nice of you to run over to Vermillions and snap a few pics of the Dart for your brother!

It's been a while since thre has been any updates...hows the Duster coming ?

Thanks for asking!........Sorry guys.......I've been pretty busy........

Over the spring and summer I have designed and built my new K-frame(s), got the body in primer and rolling and took my A833 to Passion Performance to have the aluminum case installed.

I'm also building a special (column shift automatic) front suspension and an identical engine for a friend, Jim, in PA who also has one of the nicest dual-primer Hemi Darts around. Jim is building a Demon.

Right now I'm sitting here looking at 2 new World Products 426 Hemi aluminum blocks that arrived last week as Jim and I will be running all aluminum motors. I could have built 572's for the same money but I'm making them 426's on purpose, because that's what we want.

There is a possibility that I may entertain the idea of making a half dozen or so additional K-frames the next time the jigs are set up. These will accomodate virtually any engine.

Tuesday, brother Dave and I are heading to Mancini's (a 6 hour drive for me!) to pick up 2 sets of aluminum heads and a shopping list of odds and ends.

This car will be completely assembled and functional before being taken apart for final paint, plating and powder coating.....it's the only smart way to do it.

I'll attach a few pictures and within a couple of days I may have some more with the interior, grill, lights etc installed.

Remember when you look at the pics that the front tires are over 28" tall and the rears are 30". The front spindle centerline is forward 1" and the rear axle centerline is ahead 2". The wheel openings in the front fenders have been stretched forward 2" and the front of the rear quarter openings are moved ahead 3"........and the illusion is complete.

24.jpg

23.jpg

44.jpg

54.jpg

35.jpg

52.jpg

39.jpg

49.jpg

Its about time!!!!!!!!!..................
do not forget about the location of the line lock. I see the factory location for the block (break line block) maybe a little further back on the rail with the line lock block and solenoid? let me know and take a pic for when I remove mine I will update the location.....

100_2711.jpg

Hemi denny,i am impressed!
Other than that,im also actually envious!

Awesome build you have going!

The ONLY thing i can pick is
'I could have built 572's for the same money '
You should have done it!
Same money!
But just tell people its a 426 ;)
Even more of sleeper a haha!

An i read
'electrostatic primer'
Whats the benefit in doing that?
Does it mean the body is tottally rust proof?
Sorry for the stupid question...

Cheers,christos

-
Back