A different perspective on "THE BLACK GHOST" by UTG.

-
Bottom line.
None of the real street-racers from Motown remember the car. I hung out during those years, and never witnessed any car of such low-tech ever racing the big dogs.
You had to come out loaded for Godzilla to be a "legend". All this other nonsense and conjecture is entertaining.....nothing more.

Bottom line.
None of the real street-racers from Motown remember the car. I hung out during those years, and never witnessed any car of such low-tech ever racing the big dogs.
You had to come out loaded for Godzilla to be a "legend". All this other nonsense and conjecture is entertaining.....nothing more.
....and that's been the case all through history. If you wanna run with the big dogs, you gotta get off the porch. That's how it was here. We used to have an adjacent county's Deputy Sheriff who would block off part of I-16 just outside of Macon. Yeah. The INTERSTATE. Did it for about three or four hours about four or five weekends during the summer. Put detour signs out and the whole nine yards. These guys didn't play, either. They marked off the full MILE with 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and one mile finish lines. If you didn't have something under 10 seconds, you couldn't race. Period. There were some damn fast cars out there, too. That's when the professional fisherman, Roland Martin started bringing his car up from Florida to test and tune so all the locals around his area wouldn't know what he had. Soon after he started coming up, that little activity got shut down and that's when they completely redid Twiggs County 1/8 mile dragstrip, a few miles away. Before that, it was a tore up mess from the 60s. It's pretty nice these days, but it's a good place to get shot or stabbed by the local natives. That was a lot of fun back then, but that black ghost car wouldda been laughed right outta there.

The town I grew up in you'd cruise the main strip if you found action you'd go either light to light or out to the "bypass" that was under construction...this was the old days 1983-86 ish...etc. eventually the bypass opened up and it had traffic no more dragging out there...still some nice cars on the road then early / mid 80s early 90s...back then in Philly Broad street... guys would unload race cars in the parking lot and run them and then quick load 'em up and leave ...that went down right right in the city...

Check this out this commentary on the Black Ghost Hemi Challenger that just sold at Mecum for $1,000,000.00 guys and gals!

Comments???

Tony, the player telling everyone they've been played I call it Irony...one thing is Tony wasn't there and if he was in Detroit when that car was on the road Tony would have been what 11 years old...? yeah a real expert Uncle Tony is...

P.S. I cant stand looking at him just the sight of him makes the smell of gear oil cigarettes and farts magically appear from out of nowhere ever hallucinated with the sense of smell? ...:)

The town I grew up in you'd cruise the main strip if you found action you'd go either light to light or out to the "bypass" that was under construction...this was the old days 1983-86 ish...etc. eventually the bypass opened up and it had traffic no more dragging out there...still some nice cars on the road then early / mid 80s early 90s...back then in Philly Broad street... guys would unload race cars in the parking lot and run them and then quick load 'em up and leave ...that went down right right in the city...
All us "slow cars" went out to what was called "Spur 19". It was slated to be part of the interstate, but plans changed and all it was, was about a three mile connector road and about two miles of it was FLAT and STRAIGHT. Nobody had to tell us what to use it for. Now that area is so developed, all that's there are memories.

Last edited:
Tony, the player telling everyone they've been played I call it Irony...one thing is Tony wasn't there and if he was in Detroit when that car was on the road Tony would have been what 11 years old...? yeah a real expert Uncle Tony is...

P.S. I cant stand looking at him just the sight of him makes the smell of gear oil cigarettes and farts magically appear from out of nowhere ever hallucinated with the sense of smell? ...:)
I'm no expert in this field but it sounds like you're not happy in your relationship with Tony. You should consider moving on and maybe start seeing other people.

I'm no expert in this field but it sounds like you're not happy in your relationship with Tony. You should consider moving on and maybe start seeing other people.
How about "Blow it out your ***..." :)

Last edited:
I cant stand Uncle Tony because he's a low life dirt ball and a con man...and I will continue to say it publicly I really don't care what you think..
And yet it's like you never miss an episode so have something new to complain about. What's that about?

I edited it I thought it was mean...LOL! is blow it out your *** nicer? I cant stand Uncle tony defenders... low lifes like he is...the guy could be selling cat **** as breakfast sausages and all these people know is "Tony is making money leave him alone...wah wah...'Tony is a con man plain and simple... offers nothing to the Mopar or YT car community.
I didn't defend Tony. I pointed out your obsession with Tony. Something that you appear to be pretty sensitive about.

I think there are just too many old fucks with too much money.. but it's theirs.. they can waste it how they want.. no car is worth a $1m if it's not Italian :)
P.S. the most silly thing is that ugly *** RT cuda for 2.2mil.. that car means NOTHING it's the same as an advertising pamplet and it looks like something george barris would have rejected.. but hey.. 2.2mil.. And i'm REALLY bored at work today :)
A million, 2 million...it's just numbers when ya have it...:)

When it comes right down to it Uncle Tony is a "Yap flapper" which means he "Flaps his yap" way too much...and knows way too little...

Wow, I just read through this thread and it really looks like Tony is the winner. He may not be the most intellectual giant but he certainly has your interest and I’m sure in his business that is#1

I am not a fan of "Uncle Tony" at all, but he is right that a stock Hemi Challenger was NOT and could not have been a street racing "legend." Sure, it would beat stock GTO's and SS 396's and the like, but the real street super heroes with their 9 and 10 second big $$$$ race cars that were barely streetable? Not even close.

Nothing to see here ad nauseum. His condescending tone, head shaking in disgust, dramatic facial and hand gestures during this "presentation of facts" reminds me of an envious child who mocks someone else's possession because they don't have one like it. For fk sake it's an original Hemi 4 speed Challenger. 145,000 or 45,000 miles I wish it were mine. Had me until the 2 minute mark. If someone paid a million bucks for it so fkn' what, it's their million.

Nothing to see here ad nauseum. His condescending tone, head shaking in disgust, dramatic facial and hand gestures during this "presentation of facts" reminds me of an envious child who mocks someone else's possession because they don't have one like it. For fk sake it's an original Hemi 4 speed Challenger. 145,000 or 45,000 miles I wish it were mine. Had me until the 2 minute mark. If someone paid a million bucks for it so fkn' what, it's their million.
Right. We all know how "quick and fast" they were, but that really wasn't the point. It was that "they were what they were". No matter how you slice it, they are the stuff street legends are made of. We all know there's always something faster. It just might not have the lore and fascination the Hemi had.

Tony is a "fake expert" it should be obvious by now...he knows as much about 426 Hemis as what we all could know after an afternoon of doing research on the internet. Hell say things lie "In my 40 years of experience working Hemis..." it's bullshit he was never a pro wrench and Hemis weren't all over the street and the ones that were out there went to specialty performance tune shops or Mopar dealerships that Tony never worked at. He's a damned liar and bullshitter, and watching him its painfully obvious. But , they tell me its just "entertainment" :)

-
Back