A little different a body!!??

-
I always liked them old Buicks.I saw one of the gnarliest wheelstand ever at the Hot Rodders reunion in Bowling Green Ky a few years ago. A Buick Skylark pulled up to the line and when the lights dropped he stood her up on the back bumper and trailed sparks down at least a third of the track. One of my buddies used to have an old Skylark that he would drive up to the spot where the street racers would congregate and I had a 1966 Belvedere II 4 door that we had dropped a Hemi in and I would race people.It got to where they didnt want to race me so I would line up races for his Skylark. I dont know which motor it had(something large) but it was bone stock and surprisingly quick and we extracted the money out of a lot of unsuspecting peoples wallets with that car.

Welcome to FABO Joe Riv 1!

Nice car! (for a GM - Ha!)...and great picture of that bad boy launching! My first car was also a GM A body - a red 1968 GTO. I use to live in Naperville on Book road just south of 95th street and drove thru Plainfield all the time. Now live just North of the border in Wisconsin (Yeah Hey There). I just started drag racing at Great Lakes Dragaway last fall. Have to bring my fish down to Joliet sometime and meet up.

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some more pictures of your car & your buddy's 69 Cuda - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• B3 Wheelie Front View Mopare Muscle.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 211
Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here!
Watch out for the "Mopar bug" - once it bites, you're infected for life!
My 1st car was a '64 Olds Cutlass. Got my 1st Mopar a couple of years later when I bought my first '69 Dart 340 Swinger.
I bought my '83 15th Anniversary Hurst Olds right of the dealer floor when it was new, and sold it a couple of years ago to finance the build of my current '69 Dart. Don't say I didn't warn you about the "Mopar bug"!

Hey joe welcome and i have always like the Buick GS VERTS.I know you got a hard top but still a sweet ride.I still think you need a at least one mopar maybe like fishes cuda. welcome aboard.

Nice Buick! I love all the old muscle but like the stuff you don't see very often more.
I assume the RM is a BBC?

nice gsx one of my aunts had one for yrs she kept that car pristine then she got to where she couldnt drive any more so instead of selling the car she drove it to scrap yard and had it crushed said if she couldnt drive it anymore no one could

Welcome and nice Buford. I used to own a 72 GS455 4spd convertable. Wicked fun ride.

Welcome to FABO! I almost bought a 68 GS350 right before my first Dart.
I have always loved there motto "Go Fast With Class".

Very nice. The auto program I was in back in my High School days had a 72 Buick skylark that I ended up driving my senior year. First time drag racing and I was running 12.5 in quarter. So big soft spot for those cars :)

Byooacks have the lightest weight big block in the 455. I always loved the big torque numbers they make. Post some pics of the rest of the car, dangit.

Nice car, we like all cars, just perfer Mopars. My wife drag races a 71 Dart, but also has a 69 Camaro.We have a 73 cuda 340 6 pk 4 sp.and a 73 Dodge 4X4 Van. also a 69 Valinat drag car.
Our drivers are:
Cavalier
Dodge P.U.

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

Glad you gm guys are able to come out of the closet lol Won't catch me in a gm or ford moparisbest period .

Any muscle car is welcome in my book.

Sweet wheel stander you got there.

Curious. If you were going to buy a Mopar what would you prefer?

Hello Joe Riv 1,,
Is that a 6" or 9" cowl induction hood height.??
Going to build the model of your car since only one I could find and modeling is a hobby of mine,
Are there any ladder bars etc on rear?

,Love the car.!!

regards
Randy

Last edited:
-
Back