Adam's Scamp

-
daves66valiant said:
that's cool you don't have to use the 90* oil filter. the tti's look good. grinding the script off? you would somehow have to blast the aluminum to make it look like it was cast that way instead of seeing grinding marks under the paint. why go through the trouble, lots of work unless you are being judged for originallity? You must be bored like i've been. lol

it will also keep the sleeper look

littleman66 said:
it will also keep the sleeper look
the shinny headers detract from the full-on sleeper look somewhat but if adam can find a 340 air cleaner it will make it harder to see the script too. either was lookin' good :thumbup:

EvilScamp said:
Those TTI's are freakin sweet!:supz:

How many qtrs. is your pan?

Kev. I want to say its an 8qrt pan. Its a ilodon that has had the corner cut and welded so you dont have to notch the K Frame.

daves66valiant said:
the shinny headers detract from the full-on sleeper look somewhat

I couldnt talk my self in to paying $400 for a set of 340 exhaust manifolds to choke the motor down. The cam has way to much duration and overlap for them.

Not getting to much done lately. I really need to get the engine bay painted to make more progress, Still need to finish the intake mods and have it milled a bit and Im still waiting for my carb to come. from DemonSizzler.

Last week I hung some new lights in the shop so I can work at night with more then a candle LOL. Todays nice weather I decided to roll the car out and do some wet sanding and buffing.

I sanded with 2000 grit, compunded with 3M Perfect -It and glazed it with Ardex Seal-B Looke reall smooth now.

IM000955.jpg

IM000963.jpg

IM000960.jpg

I also bolted the front seat in (and found my front seat belts wont work with the bench !) and covered the gaping hole with a grandma fresh blanket. Notice the MSD box hiding under the dash ?

IM000958.jpg

and a few more parts bolted up to the 340

IM000965.jpg
]

IM000967.jpg

Looking good Adam !!!!!!!

Gotta love progress.........

Soon we will all have some sunshine for our projects. :sunny:

Nothing better then grandma blanket on the front seat!! I stile have one my grandma made I keep in the truck and used it in my 73 Challenger 9 or 10 years ago.
She sure did slick up didn't she .
Looking good AdamR and glad you did not burn throw the paint.

memike said:
glad you did not burn throw the paint.

Well, I got a few spots but not bad. That 30 year old single stage buffs fast. Good thing I use a wool pad and not a foam. :thumbup:

very very good looking, those tti headers look bad *** on there, i like how u went with the blue instead of hemi orange to make it a lil bit more sleeper :thumbup: very nice :toothy7:

Its going to get a set of body colored cop car rims. No scoop though. It kills the sleeper look.

Kida like the sleeper look Adam. I have a 99 HD sporty it was a 883, now is a 1220 cc with andrews cams, S1 Lighting Buell heads, trick ignition, custom tuned carb and exhaust. Yet it still says 883 on the tank. I hear all the time it is a Gorls bike as it runs 10.65s in the 1/4 at 115mph.

I havea Road King too but that is another topic.

I like you car a lot and all you have done!

Got the steering column back in. If I had a set of front door panels the interior would look great.

IM000975.jpg

I still need to pick up a oil pressure gauge and water temp gauge. Im still debating if I want to use my monster tach. I think it will look out of place in there.

I also got the steering box and Flaming River power to manual adapter in. Nice piece.

IM000974.jpg

IM000973.jpg

Finished the intake mods today. 12 hours of grinding wasnt really all that fun but I did it myself. The Carb will be here on Friday so I can test fit it and make sure the throttle blades dont hit.

Intake ports

IM000982.jpg

IM000980.jpg

Plenum mods.

IM000979.jpg

IM000978.jpg

My Thermoquad has arrived !!! Looks great. Cant wait to see how it runs.

IM001001.jpg

Also made a slight modification to my air cleaner.

IM000994.jpg

cleaned and painted the radiator and fan shroud.

IM000996.jpg

and the tranny is ready to go.

IM000995.jpg

This one flows around 910CFM. When the motor was dynod we tried a few Holleys on a Victor intake. A 830CFM and a 950CFM. The 950 actually made the same hp but more torque then my 830. Hopefully my modified LD340 and this Thermoquad are almost as good.

It probably will be at least close. The intake may hold you back some on the top end though. The real area where the Thermoquad shines is in driveability, if they are tuned properly.

-
Back