Adam's Scamp

-
Mine will be worth every penny spent as soon as I get them mounted in the little a-body. They are great pieces for sure. Quality #1. Congrats on a fine purchase.

had almost forgoten how nice TTI headers look :) its true that you can take take out a ministarter with those headers still in place but it takes some patience, when i put my ministarter in there i had to get it in to that tight space backwards and upside down then turn it around while its "inside" the headers only way i could get it in there.. and it took some time figuring it out lying on a dirty,cold garagefloor with a bad hangover ;)

Sold a few more parts so I put in another order with Summit Racing. Got my Carter fuel pump, dip stick tube, MSD plug wires and some gaskets on the way.

I also think I've talked myself in to painting the car black with a blck top and flat black hood with a Demon snorkel scoop.

TTi's great move AdamR Your car will look great what ever color,

Black with the flat black sound's very good.

Congratulations on the Header's :blob:

Hey Adam, if you're still deciding on a color for your Scamp, I vote for RED...but then again maybe I'm biased.. keep up the good work, you're getting a ton of work done in a hurry.

More goodies came today, I think I now have %98 of everything I need for the motor. all that is left is to find a Performer RPM or LD340 to replace my Victor JR.

70Duster440 said:
Lookin good.... Ca-ching, ca-ching!

Yeah the bank card is smoking. Actually I have been selling everything Im not using to keep the needed parts coming in.

Hiya Adam , My .02 .....Don't paint it black. I don't know how your body is or what your eventual use is... But, my reason is you have to have the body (prep work and loads of sanding/filler) 100% perfect, if you want the car to look like a million bucks or anything close. That equates to major amounts of $ in Sand paper filler and time I suggest to you and anybody else paint thier car to stick with light colors. It leaves you a, maybe in my opinion, better looking overall car and if you happened to miss something it wont look like a warped mirror. It's looking good so far Keep it up :angel9:

Eric_S68 said:
Hiya Adam , My .02 .....Don't paint it black. I don't know how your body is or what your eventual use is... But, my reason is you have to have the body (prep work and loads of sanding/filler) 100% perfect, if you want the car to look like a million bucks or anything close. That equates to major amounts of $ in Sand paper filler and time I suggest to you and anybody else paint thier car to stick with light colors. It leaves you a, maybe in my opinion, better looking overall car and if you happened to miss something it wont look like a warped mirror. It's looking good so far Keep it up :angel9:

Yeah, I know black is a real pain in the a$$. I also know I will continue to change my mind on the color till its painted. :angel9:

The easiest thing for me to do is just have this color matched so I can do the engine bay now and not worry about the rest of the car for a while.

Hey Adam,

Have you thought of the new Bronze color Dodge has. I think it would look real good on your Scamp with a black tail stripe. I would also loose the vinyl top in that case.

Jack

Jack, I love that color. Thats the color I wanted the Barracuda. Its not cheap though. Something like $500 a gallon for the base. It will probably stay the color it is so I don't need to worry about paint the rest for now.

I have a huge pile of stuff for the car , Now it just needs to warm up so I can get going.

Well its finally above freezing, 65* here today so I made my way into the garage and installed my new carpet.

IM000826.jpg

IM000827.jpg

This one came from Trim Parts not from ACC like Year one sells. I was told this is a much better carpet,
and doesnt fade as much.

I still need to recover the seats. front seat is torn pretty bad and the rear seat was so dry and faded it ripped when I took it out. I also need a set of front door panel and arm rest pads.

NIce! Seems like new carpet goes a long ways toward freshening up an interior. How was TP's price comparted to ACC?

Did you have to do any trimming on the carpet? We got the black year one 2 peice carpet kit and Im going to have to trim a shitload off the sides of the front peice. Not to mention cutting holes in it for the console brackets that she decided she wanted AFTER we ordered everything.

Yes, You have to trim the sides. Plus make the holes for seat belts, seat bolts, high beam switch and if you have a console the holes for that. Just cut a little at a time.

AdamR said:
I also think I've talked myself in to painting the car black with a blck top and flat black hood with a Demon snorkel scoop.
You going to run A/c in the Scamp?
That black paint gets HoT in the summer.
I had a 72' Charger that was black. It sucked getting stuck in the staging lanes waiting to go. Felt like an oven in the car.
Just my 2 cents
:violent2:

Na, A/Cs to heavy. and Im sure it will stay the original color. To much work to change it.

Heres a few pictures. Im just about done with the 340. Just waiting on the carb and a few small items I still would love to get a 70-71 340 air cleaner but its kinda spendy so I'll use a 68-69 air cleaner for now.

IM000914.jpg

IM000913.jpg

IM000912.jpg

IM000910.jpg

IM000909.jpg

I'm really tempted to grind the Edelbrock script of the intake while I have the die grinder out and I should have bought a stock dip stock tube instead of the chrome one.

Looking good good good Adam. :toothy7: :thumbup:

that's cool you don't have to use the 90* oil filter. the tti's look good. grinding the script off? you would somehow have to blast the aluminum to make it look like it was cast that way instead of seeing grinding marks under the paint. why go through the trouble, lots of work unless you are being judged for originallity? You must be bored like i've been. lol

-
Back