Reaction score
What I have:
-68 Valiant slant six auto
-3 on the tree reverse cam and turn cam broken, shifter has a lot of slop
-Wheel is crumbling
-manual steering (edit)

What I want:
-New or refreshed parts that will last
-Comfort when driving, it's a cruiser and I live in the city.
-Bolt-In, I'm not interested in doing any modifications if I can avoid it. I will pay for new or pay to rebuild.
-keep it column shift, I like seating 6 in the car when I go to the drive-in (edit)

What I was planning:
-Borgeson 999065 kit $1000
-Found a saginaw bracket kit $100
-bolt on crank pulley $75
-Flaming River custom steering column (estimate $800)

What I don't know yet:
-If the flaming river can be made to P/S length and just bolt up to the borgeson kit
-Am I an idiot?
-replacement/whole rebuild kits for column shift steering I have been unable to find

Last edited:
What I have:
-68 Valiant slant six auto
-3 on the tree reverse cam and turn cam broken, shifter has a lot of slop
-Wheel is crumbling

What I want:
-New or refreshed parts that will last
-Comfort when driving, it's a cruiser and I live in the city.
-Bolt-In, I'm not interested in doing any modifications if I can avoid it. I will pay for new or pay to rebuild.

What I was planning:
-Borgeson 999065 kit $1000
-Found a saginaw bracket kit $100
-bolt on crank pulley $75
-Flaming River custom steering column (estimate $800)

What I don't know yet:
-If the flaming river can be made to P/S length and just bolt up to the borgeson kit
-Am I an idiot?
The only `68 Valiant parts I have extra are door lock cyliders, rollup window cranks, a set of 13`s and 14`s rims,,also hubcaps for `68,

The only `68 Valiant parts I have extra are door lock cyliders, rollup window cranks, a set of 13`s and 14`s rims,,also hubcaps for `68,

I'm all set in that department friend. Already have some nice AR 14's on it I enjoy. Thank you though!

Buy my 1968 dart ps setup out of a gt.
is it all compatible with my `68 valiant? I seem to find a few, but odd pieces don`t match, like the round center plastic connector to the ammeter. And what would you want,, where is it located?

I don't understand what you are trying to do. You seem to have problems with the column itself but do you presently have factory P/S or standard? Why not put factory P/S in it and repair your column? This way would be cheaper.

As Murray said, you can find used factory parts pretty cheap. Get a new pump, steering box, coupler, & buy a used column & You are ready to go for about $500. If you want, splurge on a Firm Feel or Steer & Gear box.
Spend the leftover money on something else cool. You can buy a nice set of wheels & tires with the leftover $1500

I don't understand what you are trying to do. You seem to have problems with the column itself but do you presently have factory P/S or standard? Why not put factory P/S in it and repair your column? This way would be cheaper.

Where can I have my column repaired?
I have called a few places but was told I need to have all parts necessary. I
don't know everything it needs + don't want to have to search and collect all the parts for that.

As Murray said, you can find used factory parts pretty cheap. Get a new pump, steering box, coupler, & buy a used column & You are ready to go for about $500. If you want, splurge on a Firm Feel or Steer & Gear box.
Spend the leftover money on something else cool. You can buy a nice set of wheels & tires with the leftover $1500

I think what I'm saying is that I'm having trouble finding just a replacement column that has column shift + isn't also worn out ya know?

I think what I'm saying is that I'm having trouble finding just a replacement column that has column shift + isn't also worn out ya know?

Since you were going to do an aftermarket column, I assumed that you were going to a floor shift. With that you could use a variety of stock columns.

Finding a 3 on the tree column or parts will likely be difficult.

Since you were going to do an aftermarket column, I assumed that you were going to a floor shift. With that you could use a variety of stock columns.

Finding a 3 on the tree column or parts will likely be difficult.

Yeah I don't want a floor shifter. Bench seat cruiser baby

-
Back