After market oil pans

-

Andrew vanman87

Reaction score
I'd really like to run a pro touring oil pan on my Challenger Milodon 31590 340 stroked to a 416 does anyone know of any headers to clear such an oil pan? Or am I pretty much stuck with a stock oil pan?

All I know is my 340 bottom end came w/ an 8 qt Milodon pan ( wide kick outs) was in my 66 Sat, with cheap *** Flowtech headers, sold the car after the ex wrecked her, put it in my Duster, with some Patriots... let the games begin...sorry , not jumping on your thread, but You ARE doing the right thing. It sucks when you are putting a engine/ Trans in, on Sunday, hotter than heck and humid too ( Tampa Bay) and it doesn't go smooth....if I would have have had my crap together, when the sales rep told me that hugged the block... I'd have done the 6 qt... sorry for ranting...

Yeah I was looking to spend a little bit more money on some nice headers ones that were ceramic coated I was just trying to figure out what guys on here are running that are running a 1 and 7/8 header with an aftermarket pan I figured somebody had a combination that would work for clearance

Yeah I was looking to spend a little bit more money on some nice headers ones that were ceramic coated I was just trying to figure out what guys on here are running that are running a 1 and 7/8 header with an aftermarket pan I figured somebody had a combination that would work for clearance
If you didn't want to get the TTI's due to cost, Patriots in Ceramic ( owned my Doug's, are in Mexico) and one of the 6 qt pans is under 650 bucks to get both.. edit: sorry, I've got an infection in my jaw... looks like budget, but fit was the concern... my bad. As far as the 8 qt pan I have,not even sure TTIs clear that Monster...

Last edited:

What is the make and model of the 1 7/8 headers ??

the original poster is asking if they fit with this Road Race Milodon pan:

these are 1 5/8” TTI step headers. TTI Part # TTI340A-C0 to C5 (coating options)

upload_2022-1-2_18-23-19.jpeg

Watching closely, as I have a set of 1 5/8's TTI's, but building a new 408 with TF 190's, I'm looking for a set of 1 7/8's that will fit in my 1970 Swinger 340 with no PS, and no PB's. All input is welcome.

Watching closely, as I have a set of 1 5/8's TTI's, but building a new 408 with TF 190's, I'm looking for a set of 1 7/8's that will fit in my 1970 Swinger 340 with no PS, and no PB's. All input is welcome.
I ran Tubular Automotive headers for years when my last set wore out I believed the hype and went to TTIs and I disliked them from the from the first day I installed them: I don't like taking the suspension apart to install them, the holes to mount the flange to the head are way to small, they fit to close to the trans, I had to modify my shifter cable bracket to clear the collector ... the only advantage was I didn't have to run a 90 degree oil filter adapter. I have since sold the TTIs and I received my new Tubular Automotive set last week they are a much better header. IMO

E8D342CF-BED4-40B2-92AC-100CD6F4B5A7.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran Tubular Automotive headers for years when my last set wore out I believed the hype and went to TTIs and I disliked them from the from the first day I installed them: I don't like taking the suspension apart to install them, the holes to mount the flange to the head are way to small, they fit to close to the trans, I had to modify my shifter cable bracket to clear the collector ... the only advantage was I didn't have to run a 90 degree oil filter adapter. I have since sold the TTIs and I received my new Tubular Automotive set last week they are a much better header. IMO

View attachment 1715847254[/QUOTE

Does one side of the TA headers hang really low? I’ve seen some pictures where they look like they are almost dragging the ground on one side. That may have been just the picture. I hope not.

Looks like the driver side goes OVERthe drag link, instead of Around it.... if so, sweet deal

Doug’s and TTI are over the drag link (over chassis headers)

Those type headers typically have very good ground clearance… but are tighter fit and can be harder to install.

there’s trade-offs.

The Road Race pan is built to maximize ground clearance AND control oil from lateral side to side forces.

Doug’s and TTI are over the drag link (over chassis headers)

Those type headers typically have very good ground clearance… but are tighter fit and can be harder to install.

there’s trade-offs.

The Road Race pan is built to maximize ground clearance AND control oil from lateral side to side forces.
That's Awesome! I wish I would have done more research before I pulled my 340 from my ol 66 Sat and put it in my Duster..Great info!
Thank You!

View attachment 1715847254
Tubular Automotive Headers make TTI look like Blackjacks.

View attachment 1715847254

Can you tell me if the drivers side header hangs so low the collector almost drags the ground? @Rockett posted a picture of his and they look like they are very low on the drivers side.

-
Back