Alignment issues yet again

-
Those numbers aren’t that bad. I would expect another degree or so on the caster with the offset bushings, but ride height, both front and rear, as well as the rake, can make a big difference.

Did you do anything other than change the strut rod bushings?

A couple of the cam adjuster washers had some play. I was going to replace them but couldn’t find ones without the double flat spots.
Welded/filed the old ones.

6A393E23-100C-47A9-929E-6259D1F4142C.jpeg

Run it.

2.5 to 3 degrees positive caster with just offset UCA bushings.

Take the $200-300 for tubular UCA’s and buy a front sway bar or 1” torsion bars.

Just wanted to say thanks. Car drives amazing. Been through a couple tanks of gas already.

Just wanted to say thanks. Car drives amazing. Been through a couple tanks of gas already.

Were there other changes since the last time you drove it ? ?

Torsion bars, bushings, shocks ball joints, etc....???

Were there other changes since the last time you drove it ? ?

Torsion bars, bushings, shocks ball joints, etc....???

The torsion bars were installed previously. The only thing that was replaced were the strut rod bushings. raised the ride height and welded up the cam washers.
Drives awesome after the 8th alignment try. Not sure what was wrong/changed.

that was the number of alignments I put on my 68 Barracuda, working the kinks out of it. I know, I know ; 29 is retarded; but that is what it took to turn my 32 year old (at that time) 6-cylinder born car into a V8 street terror. Some of that mightabin due to the neophyte alignment tech, me, having only had a couple of years experience. And some of it mightabin the multiple changes I made to the suspension,and steering,during that time.And some of it mightabin the multiple ride heights I was throwing at it. And some of it mightabin the multiple tire sets I burned off. And some of it mightabin just carelessness or ignorance on my part. But the 29th time was the charmer. I thank God for persistence, cuz the 29th is awesome.
The fact is, on paper, the alignment doesn't look much different than yours,lol. Good on you for being persistent.

-
Back