Am I crazy?? Addicted??

-

Dart_440

Reaction score
I must be crazy.. I currently have a 67' dart from california VERY rust free all original interior.. and I am in the middle of swapping the 383 for a stock (looking) 383 with a 727. Now keep in mind I am already on a tight sometimes non-existant budget.. but I can't help myself...

I am addicted.. I look at A-bodies every day... just waiting for something better to come along.

I have stumbled on a 72' project dart.. already has a GREAT start.. 360/904 combo with 3.55 - 8 3/4 rear. Solid interior and trim pieces..

Anyway.. I am so itching to buy it.. am I an idoit?!?! Who else owns multiple project cars on a limited budget? Does one tend to suffer?? Is it worth it?? UGGGHHHHHHHH

I am so addicted!

IF YOU WANT IT,YOU,LL BY IT..HERE,S MY LIST..
2004 F-150 4X4 FX4 OFF ROAD
2006 FORD FUSION
1973 DART SPORT 340
1973 DART SWINGER 318(PARTS CAr)
66 Dart 6 Banger 4 barrel,headders(new dd project)
2000 ski-doo formula deluxe 700
2008 Can-am 650 ATV. I have to start downsizing do to room for these toys,but I can,t decide which to sell.Good luck with another purchase>

I suffer also. LOL.
I am working of the 74 Duster and the 66 Dart at the same time.
Currently trying to sell a bunch of extra stuff to put a new roof on my house while it is cool down here.8)
If I get a decent deal I just can't help myself!:-D

Thank GOD the wife suffers with me. She wants to move to the country so we can have "parts cars" and build a 6 car garage with a lift on both ends (his and hers). Did I mention I love her?:love7:

You're not alone. Some of us have proof on paper that we're crazy. LOL
I dont want all the cars just the ones for sale :)
Currently longing for a 71 VW Beetle available near me. I'll have to drive by there again tomarrow. :( I can only hope it is gone.
Last thing I need is to get knee deep in another forum.
RedBug or FishFood as my nick ?
There are those worse than me. Some have 1/2 dozen cars in the yard and not one will go around the block. Best to try and stay focused on one project at a time. Aint easy. Good luck

I too suffer from MoreMoparmania,the uncontrollable desire to get more Mopars and Moparts! I was just lamenting today that I will probably have to postpone,once again,picking up the Valiant that I bought this summer. With three kids and Christmas coming,I can't really justify the expense of getting the car here,so it will probably have to wait til spring. I did get the keys and the title in the mail yesterday though! One owner! Wilma Watkins! Woo! If ever there was a "little old lady car,this is it! But kids and bills come first so........

I to suffer from the same addiction.
I already have a 70 Dart. And now I'm
looking at a 71 Duster for a parts car.
Its got a lot of good stuff on it I could use

Hello, my name is John and I'm a Mopar addict.
Usually it starts in the morning, then just a bit before lunch, then(I'm eating a sloppy joe sub as I type this--hang on gotta take a bite) I'll look at Mopar stuff during lunch. Just before going to work, a bit more. then after work...and the process repeats.

I can stop anytime I want to....REALLY! I once stopped thinking about it for a while, I'm sure. Just a little more, and I'll be ok.

"Used to be a little, then a little wouldn't do it, so a little got more and more"--Guns 'n' Roses.

I lost track at over 50 mopars.... I don't have a problem. I just don't. REALLY!

Like everyone else has said you are for sure not alone. I see so many that Id love to grab and bring home, but I want the 66 done before I even think about actually making another buy. Its hard at times, but I just figure whatever $ I spend on another project just puts me behind on finishing this 1.

You might think you are mopar addicted ... but you haven't met my horse owning wife. Horse people make us car people look like amatures when it comes to buying stuff for their hobby. You only need one seat in a car but there is no limit to the number of saddles a horse "needs".

Like everyone else has said you are for sure not alone. I see so many that Id love to grab and bring home, but I want the 66 done before I even think about actually making another buy. Its hard at times, but I just figure whatever $ I spend on another project just puts me behind on finishing this 1.

The same hear Badawg.
Saved me allot of pecking :-D

Here's my stuff.1.1935 Chevy 2dr.sedan Streetrod,2.1948 Austin A-40 2dr.ProStreet.3.!975 Corvette 4spd Coupe.4.1972 Plymouth Duster Twister.Haven't any more storage inside,area I live in limit's outside storage.Might find a little space if another interesting Mopar present's itself.

You might think you are mopar addicted ... but you haven't met my horse owning wife. Horse people make us car people look like amatures when it comes to buying stuff for their hobby. You only need one seat in a car but there is no limit to the number of saddles a horse "needs".

Ya horse people are crazy. LOL

I to have lost my mind. I am going this week end to pick up a 75 Duster and my 72 Demon Parts car. I need this like I need a hole in the head but................
I want it realy bad.

Hang in there. You will be ok.

I have a hole in my head too.....:colors:....That's what someone says....LOL

Dang...I need to find a group for Mopaholics........lol......:smilebox:

well, my fellow addict.......you are not alone. just a few short years ago i was just a middle age guy bored out of my mind.
then...i picked up a Mopar Muscle Mag.......that was all she wrote. i went from none to 7 mopars and 4 X brands (Got them cheap) so 10 total and i have my eyes on 2 more Mopars. my wifey hates me......i have had to hide a few from her and fireworks will fly on Turkey Day when we go over to my moms and she sees my 71 Scamp sitting in her driveway. (and an X Brand) so two total. i also, make up little fibs to buy car parts and have then sent to my office so she doesn't find out......very sad.. my friends think i am stupid and just laugh. soooo, you my friend are not alone. hang in there. but there is a cure you know..??? if we just buy everything up there will be no more to sneak around and try to buy. and i too am on a super tight budget. my addiction is fueled by buying car parts and selling them for a little profit or trading to get what need. anyone else as addicted as us?

ok,,,since everyone is letting loose on what they have...here's my list:
70 challenger western sport special 318 auto w/air/ restoration not done yet
71 challenger 383 running survivor / restoration not done yet
73 challenger rally 340 / restoration started will be done in middle summer 09
73 cuda BS code 383 4 speed / restoration not done yet
(2) 73 challenger parts cars
63 dart GT 225 light restoration near complete / this will be a RAT ROD flat black w/polished trim riding on 16" steelies off an 98 Intrepid using wheel adaptors 225/50/16 up front and 225/60/16 in the rear..this car is my favorite..total attitude!
71 scamp 225 needs front end replaced hit a small tree,,,near perfect condition for the rest of her. this is my canidate for the 440. i have wet dreams about this...:0
92 5.0 conv. mustang / driver
84 5.0 conv. mustang / just finished resto and sold to pay off some debt.
66 396 caprice four door / driver and currently replacing pieces as i drive her. she is a torque monster and another RAT ROD canidate. flat black with polished trim and wide 15" rims and air shocks. more over Joe Dirt.
72 Nova 350 Rally / restoration not done yet
86 kawasaki KZ 1000

i recently just finished a 30 X 40 garage to store and work on the cars...as you may have already guessed....my garage needed to be bigger. but i am on a budget and had to biuld this garage on scrap pieces i picked up at our new home site where they were throwing lumber scrap away. thats right! i built it from scraps and proud of it. once the interior wall are sheetrocked,,who cares?? right? it's a wall to hang parts on. OK enough about me. Next.

Ok Folks,

Wanting That Newer Big Rim Thin Tire Look And Can't Afford It?

Here Are Some Ideas:

Use Ford Steel Rims. Like Off 98 And Up Crown Vics. They Come In Interesting Offsets To Work With. Or 98 - 01 Intrepid Rims.

These Rims Can Be Put On With Wheel Adaptors 2" To 1" Are Perfect And Center The Wheel Perfect Inside An A-bodies Narrow Wheel Wells.

On My 63 Dart Gt I Run 98 Intrepid Rims / 2" Adaptors With The Following Tires. Front 225/50/16 Rears 225/60/16
Super Cool Look With An Aggresive Rake/stance

On My 71 Scamp I Really Got Nutty And Did The Following...
05 Crown Vic Rims / 1 1/2 Adaptors And A Couple Of Spacer (on The Rear) Rear Rims 245/60/16 Front Rims 215/60/16 I Use The 1 1/2" Adaptors And 1 Spacer To Make Them Flush. (i Had To Use The Grinding Wheel And Grind A Smidge Off The Leaf Spring To Assure There Would Be No Tire Rub. No Much Was Taken Out)

The Visual Outcome Was Stunning For Both Vehicles. A Tough Look For Dirt Cheap And Improved Handling. Oh,, One More Thing I Has To Make Very Minor Adjustment To The Front Fenders Of The Scamp To Make Sure The Tires Moved Freely With Out Tire Rub. Ok I Think I Mentioned Everything.. I Have Stock Rallies And Hands Down The Ford Rims Looks Blows Them Away. Good Luck And I'll Get Some Pics Out Soon.

-
Back