Am I nuts? 1940 Plymouth Commercial Car (Truck)

Am I crazy

• Yes, you will never get it done in time

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Yes, she will think "why do we need another car"

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • No, Go for it, you can get it done!

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • No, she will love it even if it is not finished in time

Votes: 115 56.7%

• Total voters
-
That is amazing. Wish my wife like the older rides. When I picked my 65 Barracuda she said that was the ugliest car she had ever seen. Go figure.

That is amazing. Wish my wife like the older rides. When I picked my 65 Barracuda she said that was the ugliest car she had ever seen. Go figure.

sorry to hear your wifes dislike for the 65 b cuda,,the 64/65 b cuda i think is the best looking A body barracuda,,,just my opinion,,,,

love the 40 truck,,cant wait to see it finished,,, here is my 40 dodge coupe

Attachments

• 75% smaller.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 288
  • mopars@carlisle 2010 275.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 267
sorry to hear your wifes dislike for the 65 b cuda,,the 64/65 b cuda i think is the best looking A body barracuda,,,just my opinion,,,,

love the 40 truck,,cant wait to see it finished,,, here is my 40 dodge coupe

didn`t read all this post, but that " blue coupe rocks!" ( think the 68`s are the best lookin !

We had to move everything back a bit so we would have enough room for the radiator behind that art deco curved nose.

Was that because the Dakota radiator is wider than the original radiator? Or would you still have to move the motor back even if you used the original radiator?

Was that because the Dakota radiator is wider than the original radiator? Or would you still have to move the motor back even if you used the original radiator?

The Dakota radiator is too wide for the nose of the Plymouth. I used a Hot Rod radiator that I got from Speedway Motors. It was narrow enough to fit in the nose opening. We had to move the motor back so that the accessory drives would fit behind the radiator. I am using an electric fan in a puller configuration (between radiator and engine) and my A/C condenser sits in front of the radiator at the bottom.

Here is the radiator I used. Narrow and tall with three rows.

Attachments

• Speedway motors universal radiator 9175161_L.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 238
-
Back