an idea of making a 340 look like a hemi

-
Kind of a neat idea......just curious to see how well they look sitting in there comfortably in place.

I think it would be kind of neat to do some kind of dress up package like alot of the new hemi's have with basically a hole plastic top end of the engine cover.

kind of clean looking.

if they made a one piece of those that had hemi valve covers molded into it with foe spark plug holes it would look kind of neat.

and it could be mounted pretty simply, just put a mount at the mid point of the cover with a hole in it and it could mount with a wing nut right at the carb.

and you could run your wire through the plastic cover plug holes in the VC's and down under the cover to the factory holes.

I bet alot of people would buy something like that if it was in production.

I myself know I don't have a hemi so I won't try to pass it off as one lol.....but I have messed around with the idea of making a one off fiberglass engine cover of some sort.....who knows, maybe one day lol

I wanna put a slant 6 valve cover on my sb.

That way it will really look 'sleeper'

maybe I'll just put a cadillac engine cover over the whole motor so it will look like an LQ

Or maybe christmas tree lights so it will look like a christmas tree.

better yet....I'll put wings on my car so it looks like an airplane...
LOL!!!

not trying to do it to pawn it off as a real hemi.... just something different and cool. i like to stick out some on a small budget.... i dont have money for a hemi...

not trying to do it to pawn it off as a real hemi.... just something different and cool. i like to stick out some on a small budget.... i dont have money for a hemi...
i like the idea of being different and doing it on a budget.....but i dont like " just for the look" ad- ons.you could stand out by doing some functional unique ad-ons..its the best of both worlds when it looks cool and adds power.....jmo.

for the look add on's why do people put on stripes, non functional hood scoops, chrome, rocker molding etc... i was gonna have to buy a new set of valve covers anyways.. doing it this way i have nothing but my time in it and some spray paint... heres more pics of progress

th_S5001999.jpg

S5002005.jpg

S5002001.jpg

S5002000.jpg

S5002002.jpg

I was at the goodguys show at charlotte,nc, and saw some *** try to make a sbc look like a 409,only took a quick glance to see that it was a phony. Thats what i think the owner was "a phoney". Even the goofy fuel injection tubes that were hot a while back look phoney. And they paid $500.00 for them. Also i don't think your hemi valve covers are chrysler,they don't have the markings.what you probably what you do have are desoto. Sell the hemi covers and get the ones you want.

Cause he fuckin wants to, that's why.

My sick mind has often wondered how that would work out.

You can use the slant six spark plug boots also to cover the holes in the valve cover.

Rod and custom machine was the company making the hemi conversions for the small blocks.

I have not heard of anyone other than the guys on their website who had used their product.

For $8-k that probably turned alot of guys off.

I think your idea is pretty cool, it's fun to play and would rpobably be a big hit with the rat rod crowd for sure.

i need to find some type of grommet for plug holes but here pics, and the aluminum tray im gonna paint and then put foam around so i can make the scoop in my aar hood work

S5002007.jpg

S5002008.jpg

S5002012.jpg

Do it dude!!!! Screw blowing 8k on the conversion kit! For that, you could cram a real 426 in
You can make cookies for all the chevies you will be killing! LOL

its my car.... no one else owns it.. if i want to tub it, paint it hugger orange and run a big block chevy then i can.

if i"m happy with my car, then i don"t care what others think.

i made the louver on my 68 cuda... some people like it other people say ugly..

and before i did a hemi... i have alot of 383, 440's etc.... i rather have that new 440 small block with a procharger.

and for everyone ripping on chevys... i have a sbc chevy in my vega and its one of the fastest cars i own..... i drove a chevy duramax today and the truck was no joke at all... fast wasn't the word. 1000ft plus and 650-700 horse.. no slouch

i have the real 354 in the back of the garage, all together. was gonna put it in..w/e street rod, car... not like im throwing the motor away. i took a set of tin valve covers off of it

and for everyone ripping on chevys... i have a sbc chevy in my vega and its one of the fastest cars i own..... i drove a chevy duramax today and the truck was no joke at all... fast wasn't the word. 1000ft plus and 650-700 horse.. no slouch

I dont rip on Chevy or other cars from the big 3 my Truck is a Chevy and has pulled many cars home and my go to work daily driver is a Crown Victoria. I have picked up many parts with the Vic and would never complain swapping engines as the purist have.

I don't rip on chevys either.....I do joke about um...but they are good little motors......great even.

-
Back