And another Canadian

-

owatajrkiam

Reaction score
My name is Glen and even though i don't have an A body any more,i have a 69' Monaco with a 418" stroker and i have been lurking here as i get lots of info about the small blocks and other subjects. I had a Plum Crazy 71' Duster 340 4 gear. I even towed the Duster from Winnipeg to Calgary (825 miles) with the Monaco and not a hiccup. Doing an E-58 360 engine with J heads right now. Love this site.:toothy10:

Glen

Canada invades, eh? lol. Welcome to FABO!!! This site is addictive, we need some kind of disclaimer

Any pics of the C?

Welcome from Lakefield!! Most of my mis-spent but ooooh so fun youth was touring in my buddies parents 70 4 door Monaco!!! Enough with the shmoozing.... pics already!!

Welcome to FABO from ,uh,Winnipeg,you know where that is dontcha? :toothy10: I'll put you on the list with the other members here so we include in our sometimes meetings,if ya don't mind. 8)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Specs are 69' Monaco 500, 69' 340 block +.040 over w/ 4" forged Eagle crank,Eagle rods,Diamond forgings.Moroso 8 qt.oiling system.CNC Eddy magnum heads w/ Comp roller valvetrain. .531"/.543" lift. M-1 single plane,Demon Sizzler 850 TQ. Self built 727/2,800 Coan converter and 8 3/4" w/ 3:73's. Both my brothers had identicle 70 swinger 340's and we have mopar in the blood. I've always built small blocks and i found the L/A/Magnum head one to be a bit of a challenge w/ pushrods lengths and quench to get it right. I'm pretty sure my old Plum Crazy Duster is still in the Calgary area and if anybody ever comes across it,i would love to see pics. This was a bare bones car,and the colour keyed mirrors were the only option,right down to the Armstrong steering,manual brakes,rubber floor and bench seat w/cutout for 4 spd.

Glen

Attachments

• th_monaco007.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 011.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 93
  • b4e2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 113
SOMEBODY SHUT THE DOOR-THE CANNUCKS ARE HERE!!!! Hey,can you get a side shot of that trim? Is that factory? Nice ride! Welcome,stick around you might just like it here.

-
Back