and then the fight started

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
on the news tonite, they reported about the 1025hp Challenger being the last gas powered muscle car they will produce. I said' "I wonder if I sold everything in the garage I could afford one". Wife replies, "and that's when the fight started".

on the news tonite, they reported about the 1025hp Challenger being the last gas powered muscle car they will produce. I said' "I wonder if I sold everything in the garage I could afford one". Wife replies, "and that's when the fight started".
Ford is still building a high performance mustang that's gasoline powered, GM is building a new high performance gasoline engine for their Corvette.

LOL
I was telling my wife about it after work tonight, all she kept saying was "uh-huh", "mm-hmm".

I'm kind of thinking that Mopar jumped the gun on the EV bullshit a little bit. I'm afraid that a lot of could be Challenger and Charger buyers will jump ship, to the blue oval or GM.. They should have built both and see which ones sell the best.
Ford is still building a high performance mustang that's gasoline powered, GM is building a new high performance gasoline engine for their Corvette.

I'm kind of thinking that Mopar jumped the gun on the EV bullshit a little bit. I'm afraid that a lot of could be Challenger and Charger buyers will jump ship, to the blue oval or GM.. They should have built both and see which ones sell the best.
There you go thinking again!

Last weekend my wife was out of town.

I went to look at a motorcycle.

After the money changed hands, I texted her a pic and "I bought a Harley".

The reply was "when are you taking me for a ride".

Moral- just like cars and real estate, with a wife, you make your "money" (value) on "the buy", not on "the sell".

I know a lot of old timers look back fondly on the days of real muscle cars but here we are in 2023. The NHRA set an all time attendance record. Radial racing is setting attendance records. “Street racing” is on prime time television. And the big three are putting out absolutely outrageous cars.

I’d say this is one of the best times in history for hot rodding.

another conversation was to get one new car before she retires. I said since mine is older, it should be me. okay, as long as it's something we can both drive. "economy-wise", a turbo Mustang would be cool but an automatic? leaning toward another Ranger but this one turbo and guessing it would be an automatic...which she agreed as being a possibility.

Hold my beer, I got this one... :mad:.......... My wife asks when am I going to grow up and stop fooling with 50 year old cars and just get a new muscle car ..... when I told her the price she said "dinner will be late tonight you can go in the garage and tinker." .............. really, she said tinker :lol:.

Dodge is going to have to fall back on the Hurricane turbo I-6 a lot more than they planned when they realize none of the customer base that bought Hemi Challengers and Chargers wants a frickin EV. A lot of them don't want a turbo 6-banger either.

That turbo six had better be one badass son of a biscuit. Funny how they're all backpedaling on the EV business already

Just heard gm killed the camaro after 23/24.

...but hinted it may come back...presumably as an EV.

If is better to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission.

Then again, I’d just do it. The King needs no one’s permission.
Or forgiveness on such matters. The Queen abides.

Though I would not sell anything of the Queens possessions in order to obtain a toy for myself. That would be bad.

The Queen has sharp scissors and I sleep soundly. I remember years ago that Queen took the kings member :mad:and ran down the street with IT..:eek:.. The Dude abides, but sometimes the Queen snips. :mad:

Mother Mopar has been European owned for quite a while and we all know what their idea is of GREEN! but even they are beginning to somewhat question their thinking.

And, I will add this thought. Look at the HUGE number of USED "modrn" /buildable/restorable Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros that are fodder for hotroadding as time marches on. And NO! gas will NOT be be extinct and EV will not take over the world anytime soon. Let the powers that be try to take away the hobby hotrod. Jan. 6 would look like a first grader's dog and pony show.

I have been a loyal Mopar guy forever, and when you are 75 years old, I am close to forever! I have sold off some of my Mopars and bought a 64 Comet builder a few weeks ago. Don't let me piss off anyone, but.......I still love Mopar people and the old Mopars. But.... again.... I tell you what, I am tired of overpriced "blue collar" Duster/Dart projects, over priced everything and a parent company that has not gave a rat's *** about their vintage loyal customers in decades. Ford/Merc projects are overpriced but PLENTIFUL, but those guys find out quick what their market really is and then set price accordingly and the guys are just as knowledgable and helpful as Mopar guys.

Rant over!

Last edited:
Just in case y'all are totaling up everything you own to sell in order to buy a new Challenger Demon 170, the pricing starts at $96,666 plus a $1595 destination charge and a $2100 gas guzzler charge.
Oh yeah, the parachute is an extra-cost factory option.
And you're going to need a roll cage before running it down a NHRA-sanctioned track. NHRA already sent the "banned" letter to Dodge.

Just in case y'all are totaling up everything you own to sell in order to buy a new Challenger Demon 170, the pricing starts at $96,666 plus a $1595 destination charge and a $2100 gas guzzler charge.
And you're going to need a roll cage before running it down a NHRA-sanctioned track. NHRA already sent the "banned" letter to Dodge.

I remember that happening when the original Demon came out in 2015 but is that still the case today? There are other factory production cars that run into the 9s (think Teslas) that don't need cages. Modern cars essentially have roll cages built in anyway thanks to rollover crash standards. Just take a look at how thick and visually obtrusive the A-pillars are on anything built in the last 10 years.

It also doesn't include a passenger seat or a rear seat, $1.00 each.
Oh, add another 30 to 35% for those of us who live in Canada, plus dealer mark-up. That's if you can get one, only 300 maximum for Canada.

Mother Mopar has been European owned for quite a while and we all know what their idea is of GREEN! but even they are beginning to somewhat question their thinking.

And, I will add this thought. Look at the HUGE number of USED "modrn" /buildable/restorable Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros that are fodder for hotroadding as time marches on. And NO! gas will NOT be be extinct and EV will not take over the world anytime soon. Let the powers that be try to take away the hobby hotrod. Jan. 6 would look like a first grader's dog and pony show.

I have been a loyal Mopar guy forever, and when you are 75 years old, I am close to forever! I have sold off some of my Mopars and bought a 64 Comet builder a few weeks ago. Don't let me piss off anyone, but.......I still love Mopar people and the old Mopars. But.... again.... I tell you what, I am tired of overpriced "blue collar" Duster/Dart projects, over priced everything and a parent company that has not gave a rat's *** about their vintage loyal customers in decades. Ford/Merc projects are overpriced but PLENTIFUL, but those guys find out quick what their market really is and then set price accordingly and the guys are just as knowledgable and helpful as Mopar guys.

Rant over!

But , but , its still a ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id almost ber they didnt sens one to chevrolet !

If is better to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission.

Then again, I’d just do it. The King needs no one’s permission.
Or forgiveness on such matters. The Queen abides.

Though I would not sell anything of the Queens possessions in order to obtain a toy for myself. That would be bad.
It would be a race in my household to see which one of us could purchase it first. :D
I can't say I wanted for anything with my wife, she doesn't keep a tight purse string.
If I/ we want, we usually get.
I get my spending cash from the wife, she's the cash machine. If I could only find that shoebox, I'd be rich. lol

IF I could get at least what I paid for stuff, I might be able to get a used Gremlin. MAYBE.

-
Back