Another 273 cam question.

-
I had a 2 bbl 273 with a solid 262 4.73/4.73 and 273 heads ported by a member here to flow 204cfm int & @.450 lift. I would have loved to use it with the gears and exhaust you have. Even so, It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to put it back to use.
It ran hard,Justin did a great job,he knows his sh+t....

Isky E4 cam in my 273 as well. So far it seems like it will be great. Not many miles on it yet.

The compression is pretty simple . Measure how far in the cylinder your piston is when it is at tdc . then calculate the volume of the recesses in the top of the piston, then have the head cc's then put all the inf into the calculator below and see what it is.

Compression Ratio Calculator - Wallace Racing

if you are interested in how much compression it currently has, simply do a compression test n 2 cylinders . if it is less than around 140, increasing the compression will be helpful.

Isky E4 cam in my 273 as well. So far it seems like it will be great. Not many miles on it yet.
I see the original poster has a hydraulic lifter 273 but if you have a older solid lifter 273, the E-4 is a nice step up from the stock HP 273 cam. It will work well with 273's of any compression, 2 barrel, 4 barrel, stock manifolds or headers. There are a few other, mild solid lifter cams out there, but just a few. If you are restoring or just freshening up a 273 and want a good or better replacement cam, the E 4 is the ticket. If you want to build a 273 into a screamer, you need a different combination.

-
Back