Another Craigs lister on Crack

-
Over priced according to whom? If he can back the history up, it's worth something.

I see a few obvious things I don't like right off the top.

1. Flex hose.
2. Fuel filter laying on the valve cover.
3. Single tank and line brakes (loose one wheel cylinder and you got zero brakes.)
4. The rust in the rear floor is not very confidence inspiring.

Probably a fun little car, but not for that price.

Idk. I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid the money for the sheet badassery of the car! The original paint/patina looks awesome!!! I'm not a fan of 64 darts, at all, (no offense to anyone) but that one is drive!!! I like it!

anything over the price of scrapemetal is always salesmanship???? Mopar has good salesmanship to get how much?? for a Hellcat!? LOL

yes, with a history and when the stock market falls by 30%, some $$ people might give even more for it!?

anything over the price of scrapemetal is always salesmanship???? Mopar has good salesmanship to get how much?? for a Hellcat!? LOL

yes, with a history and when the stock market falls by 30%, some $$ people might give even more for it!?

racecar w/ the battery in the trunk ??

The same or a similar 'Pirate' car was on there last year at a lower price, as a roller as I recall.

If the car was for sale on here, everybody would be lovin up to the guy tellin him how awesome it is.

I personally don't think that is overpriced, it is a solid car that runs and drives and has a cool patina about it! I've seen much worse early A cars in that price range without all of the provenance attached! It's a solid car at $7500 for sure, maybe his price is a little high but he's willing to listen to offers!!

I like it!!! Wish it was closer, I would go nostalgia racing with that puppy!!!

I hope he gets the price he wants. Why do you think A bodys don't get the high prices that Bs and Es do? No one wants to pay it. The prices of As are coming around finely.

I see a few obvious things I don't like right off the top.

1. Flex hose.
2. Fuel filter laying on the valve cover.
3. Single tank and line brakes (loose one wheel cylinder and you got zero brakes.)
4. The rust in the rear floor is not very confidence inspiring.

Probably a fun little car, but not for that price.

The master cylinder is stock for that car. The dual pot master cylinders didn't show up on Darts until 1967. The flex hose can be changed out in a half hour for under $20, same with the fuel filter. As far as the rear floor, it looks like surface rust to me. With the front floors and trunk floor looking as solid as they do I wouldn't be too worried about the rear floor, even if it is rusty it doesn't go very far.

Looks like it had a big block in it at one point, based on the holes in the inner fenders for the fenderwell headers.

I'd say overpriced for what it looks like, but if the seller can provide actual evidence of it's racing history it might not be as overpriced as you think.

I'd say he MUST prove the provenance on that car.
I've seen a number of MUCH nicer '64s in the last year for quite a bit less.
I've been looking at '64s in particular for a while and seem to remember seeing that for sale a while back, for less and wasn't real impressed then, either.
I think the white '64 (fresh)built as a D/Dart for $14,000 that wasn't selling over the last year or so is 5 times the car for the money...

Hey this is nothing. I just saw on Craig's list a factory 2 bbl. 383 engine (minus the carb & oil pan) for $1200!!!! He said that he knows that it worth over 3K but willing to let it go for only 1200.

Ted

If there is a race history, then there would be pictures and names of former owners. There were a lot of 14 second Dodge Darts running the streets with fenderwell headers, because that's all they could get..

The master cylinder is stock for that car. The dual pot master cylinders didn't show up on Darts until 1967. The flex hose can be changed out in a half hour for under $20, same with the fuel filter. As far as the rear floor, it looks like surface rust to me. With the front floors and trunk floor looking as solid as they do I wouldn't be too worried about the rear floor, even if it is rusty it doesn't go very far.

Looks like it had a big block in it at one point, based on the holes in the inner fenders for the fenderwell headers.

I'd say overpriced for what it looks like, but if the seller can provide actual evidence of it's racing history it might not be as overpriced as you think.

That was kind of my point.
So easy and not a big deal to fix, then it should have been already, but you could be totally on the nose about it and he could sell it for that.
The ex BB part and being cut for it would be a downer for me, but it isn't about me is it? :D

-
Back